EAST HICKMAN

LiLolme

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, how bout you learn to have a little bit of class?

Im wit you AP!!!!! I know first hand that east is a JV squad.. I know the coaches and Ive met some players.. I think they have like 4 seniors that play!!! You obviously have no class to call out a first year team... good luck coaches and eagles...

Lambuth Eagles!!!! MI PHI

where o where has east hicman gone?WELCOME to the REAL world. Nobody disciminated against your kids at centerville . Now you are on your own. How did it feel to be behind 36-0inthe 1st quarter?? !! : )

Keep your head up East. He who laughs last laughs loudest. You are young and inexperienced but this year will give you that experience. HC may win several games this year only because they are playing with 4A numbers in a 2A environment. After a couple of years it will be same ole same ole. Besides, if they beat Bruceton 20-0, I hear Bruceton is really down this year and they're single A.

Keep your head up East. He who laughs last laughs loudest. You are young and inexperienced but this year will give you that experience. HC may win several games this year only because they are playing with 4A numbers in a 2A environment. After a couple of years it will be same ole same ole. Besides, if they beat Bruceton 20-0, I hear Bruceton is really down this year and they're single A.

I agree people should keep their mouth shut about East, they will be fine in a couple of years.

however papa tiger. Hickman County is NOT playing with 4A numbers, dont know where you get your info their school has 650 or so kids that is not 4a numbers. Also Bruceton is single A, they have thier Mr. Football finalist back and they were in the Murphy Fair preseason top 5 on his website. So please before you get on here making statements make sure they are correct. To say they will win ONLY becuase of 4A numbers (which stated above is false) is disrespectful to their talented kids and coaching staff.

I agree people should keep their mouth shut about East, they will be fine in a couple of years.

however papa tiger. Hickman County is NOT playing with 4A numbers, dont know where you get your info their school has 650 or so kids that is not 4a numbers. Also Bruceton is single A, they have thier Mr. Football finalist back and they were in the Murphy Fair preseason top 5 on his website. So please before you get on here making statements make sure they are correct. To say they will win ONLY becuase of 4A numbers (which stated above is false) is disrespectful to their talented kids and coaching staff.

You misunderstood. Not enrollment numbers but they have 4A team numbers. Kids that have been with the program for several years playing with the larger enrollment schools. Think about it, if everyone had been forced to go to their own area, they would lose some players to East. So while school enrollment is AA, the football team has 4A numbers any way you look at. Judge them in a couple of years. I just don't see them putting up world beater numbers after those kids graduate.

I got my information about Bruceton from other coaches. I know several people in West Tennessee. Besides, Murphy Fair goes by reputation too. Not always correct. Teams do have down years. I'm just saying if that is the best they can do against them then it might not be a cinderella season. They still have to play Lewis County and Richland.

You misunderstood. Not enrollment numbers but they have 4A team numbers. Kids that have been with the program for several years playing with the larger enrollment schools. Think about it, if everyone had been forced to go to their own area, they would lose some players to East. So while school enrollment is AA, the football team has 4A numbers any way you look at. Judge them in a couple of years. I just don't see them putting up world beater numbers after those kids graduate.

I got my information about Bruceton from other coaches. I know several people in West Tennessee. Besides, Murphy Fair goes by reputation too. Not always correct. Teams do have down years. I'm just saying if that is the best they can do against them then it might not be a cinderella season. They still have to play Lewis County and Richland.

My god you people are rediculous. Yes east is a new school, they are going to struggle. They have 4 or 5 seniors, we have 6 I think. We have roughly 45 players on our squad, east has the same. So how do you come to the conclusion that we have 4A numbers? We've got some good athletes this year but quit with the excuses. All your doing is setting up a safety net for Waverly when we come calling. As for bruceton, we only put up 20 pts? That was in two ten minute quarters preacher. Bruceton is picked to win their region, the tailback was a mr. football finalist and leading rusher in carroll county, they have 16 returning starters. Their TE -DE is a D1 prospect and they are Probably a little better than waynesboro. So using your formula Camden is not going to be very good. I mean heck, they only scored 21 on Mckenzie who by all accounts can't beat Bruceton. And Mckenzie didn't score from the 1 yd. line. So what we're going to have is Waverly vs. Camden for the regional title. Its got to be, because Huntingdon can't play either. They got beat by Westview, whom we scrimmaged and beat. Now I see where your coming from. How could I have been so blind.

We're pretty good, we apologize, but we are. The applecart is going to get upset in 2a. How long will we be good? I'd say at least two years. So start coming up with some more excuses. Fear tends to magnatize things so i'm sure in your eyes we probably look 4A. Thank god we're not, we are realist you know. I'm gonna pray for you. Jelousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

My god you people are rediculous. Yes east is a new school, they are going to struggle. They have 4 or 5 seniors, we have 6 I think. We have roughly 45 players on our squad, east has the same. So how do you come to the conclusion that we have 4A numbers? We've got some good athletes this year but quit with the excuses. All your doing is setting up a safety net for Waverly when we come calling. As for bruceton, we only put up 20 pts? That was in two ten minute quarters preacher. Bruceton is picked to win their region, the tailback was a mr. football finalist and leading rusher in carroll county, they have 16 returning starters. Their TE -DE is a D1 prospect and they are Probably a little better than waynesboro. So using your formula Camden is not going to be very good. I mean heck, they only scored 21 on Mckenzie who by all accounts can't beat Bruceton. And Mckenzie didn't score from the 1 yd. line. So what we're going to have is Waverly vs. Camden for the regional title. Its got to be, because Huntingdon can't play either. They got beat by Westview, whom we scrimmaged and beat. Now I see where your coming from. How could I have been so blind.

We're pretty good, we apologize, but we are. The applecart is going to get upset in 2a. How long will we be good? I'd say at least two years. So start coming up with some more excuses. Fear tends to magnatize things so i'm sure in your eyes we probably look 4A. Thank god we're not, we are realist you know. I'm gonna pray for you. Jelousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

GREAT POST!!!!

your gonna have one decent season then its gonna be back to the same old losing team they've allways been your senior class has been hiting the weights for the past three years east hasn't even touched the weight room centerville may win this year but next year it will be a very respectable game

Here's a little bit of the scoop over here in West Tennessee for those of you who don't know, or didn't attend the jamboree last Friday night: Bruceton isn't very good. It was very easy and obvious to see. And if you stayed for the McK/Camden game, you would have seen how good McK is going to be this year. McKenzie IS actually the favorite to win that region. Polls don't mean diddly squat in the preseason, and I'm betting the only thing Murphy Fair really knows about Bruceton is Jordan and Matlock. He probably doesn't know that they don't really have an offensive line. Or a defense for that matter. You hype Bruceton like they are going to be in the 1A hunt, but the truth of it is, they are not. They would probably get killed by Wayne County.

As for Hickman County, you guys will get yours soon enough. The fact that you dropped from 4A doesn't mean a thing, especially since you were not successful. Yeah, you'll probably make the 2A playoffs, but I'm sure Lewis County will win that region. You say you beat Westview in a scrimmage, right? Well, Camden beat Milan in a scrimmage, but that didn't mean a thing either. Last year, they would have beat Camden in a game. Preseason is just that, preseason.

Understand that I think you have a decent football team, but come on. You haven't played any big dogs yet so it's really easy to misunderstand how good you really are. Once you get under the lights against the coaches and players from the top tier 2A teams, you'll realize how far you still need to go to get to that level. Welcome to 2A, we can play football down here too.

And by the way, I do actually pull for Hickman County. My brother lives there and an aquaintence of mine is a coach there (no reason to call out any names). I know a lot of good people in that community, and I hope all of you here on CoachT realize that that community has a lot more class than that of the people who are posting on this thread.

Here's a little bit of the scoop over here in West Tennessee for those of you who don't know, or didn't attend the jamboree last Friday night: Bruceton isn't very good. It was very easy and obvious to see. And if you stayed for the McK/Camden game, you would have seen how good McK is going to be this year. McKenzie IS actually the favorite to win that region. Polls don't mean diddly squat in the preseason, and I'm betting the only thing Murphy Fair really knows about Bruceton is Jordan and Matlock. He probably doesn't know that they don't really have an offensive line. Or a defense for that matter. You hype Bruceton like they are going to be in the 1A hunt, but the truth of it is, they are not. They would probably get killed by Wayne County.

As for Hickman County, you guys will get yours soon enough. The fact that you dropped from 4A doesn't mean a thing, especially since you were not successful. Yeah, you'll probably make the 2A playoffs, but I'm sure Lewis County will win that region. You say you beat Westview in a scrimmage, right? Well, Camden beat Milan in a scrimmage, but that didn't mean a thing either. Last year, they would have beat Camden in a game. Preseason is just that, preseason.

Understand that I think you have a decent football team, but come on. You haven't played any big dogs yet so it's really easy to misunderstand how good you really are. Once you get under the lights against the coaches and players from the top tier 2A teams, you'll realize how far you still need to go to get to that level. Welcome to 2A, we can play football down here too.

And by the way, I do actually pull for Hickman County. My brother lives there and an aquaintence of mine is a coach there (no reason to call out any names). I know a lot of good people in that community, and I hope all of you here on CoachT realize that that community has a lot more class than that of the people who are posting on this thread.

We haven't played any big dogs? Are you kidding me? You guys really have no idea. These big dogs your talking about would be in the same shape we were in in 4A. Bruceton may not be very good, i'm not judging, but Mckenzie is in the same boat, but there boat is slower. I've yet to see a publication picking Mckenzie over bruceton. Anyway, your right, it really doesn't matter, its just preseason and maybe we'll see you lads down the road a piece. Marshall co. awaits. And i'm sure if we beat them there will be some new excuses from the 2A football thought police.