Will South get passed Maryville

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby, Mercer County means diddly-squat...a good showing against a team like Mercer , win or lose, will tell a lot about what GV is made of...but I digress, this IS after all the Sullivan South getting "passed" by Maryville thread and we should at least let DB123 get his licks in now while his star is healthy cause if he gets banged up, it will be a long season for those Rebels

I don't think anyone associated with the South program is looking ahead, they are concentrating on their next opponent. As was noted earlier, this thread was started by DB123, not any South fans. It is funny when the Indian fans are talking about the playoffs for South instead of their usual banter about the drive for the 5A state championship. I just hope that this doesn't jinx the Rebels, because when the Tribe talk about playoffs, it is usually discussing a loss.

We Souther's might be loud, proud, and obnoxious but we are forthright. No one on Pactolus would ever consider starting a thread to purposefully mock anyone's success that deserved better. I don't think the 'Tribe faithful will embrace DB123 as their own. And if he has a child at South as Barb states then he is really ill. And he says this thread is just for "fun". I'm not impressed with his attempt at being intelligent. I suggest no one respond to any of his posts.

We Souther's might be loud, proud, and obnoxious but we are forthright. No one on Pactolus would ever consider starting a thread to purposefully mock anyone's success that deserved better. I don't think the 'Tribe faithful will embrace DB123 as their own. And if he has a child at South as Barb states then he is really ill. And he says this thread is just for "fun". I'm not impressed with his attempt at being intelligent. I suggest no one respond to any of his posts.

In saying that South has a chance to play with Maryville and win it all,is no different than saying they have a chance to win this week.No one is mocking Maryville or DB{ a team that is going to get beat by South every year} or killing any chance South has in the future.As for the other remarks, {ill or not}I thank you for responding with intelligents

Maybe u should start a thread about boone and discuss what they can do next week against greeneville

How about the thread be about Boone playing South Greene this week instead of jumping ahead to Greeneville. Again, a lot of people don't focus on the games that matter, like.........oh say the game THIS Friday.

Plenty of time to talk smack next week

Sullivan South is a good football team. Maryville traditionally fields great football teams. It would be a good matchup. As far as football in Knoxville, with the overwhelming number of athletes going D1 from Knox programs, your point is well taken?? When teams build a great tradition, it attracts athletes. Maryville and Alcoa benefit with an influx of talent from many different places. They have good industry, good jobs, good schools, and a good record of attracting lots of families with athletes. I don't think the people there recruit; they don't have to---the programs do the recruiting. Good luck to both SS and Maryville on having good seasons.

Best post in this silly thread.

The only thing I like about it is someone is convinced Maryville will be the path that has to be crossed late in the play-offs and that is a good thought.

We got Alcoa to get up for and have little time to talk about a team that has not even made the play-offs yet! An that includes Maryville because we have proven nothing this season.