ensworth vs. cpa

tigerfan12

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of early love for CPA in the Big Ones contest (76% as of tonight), but CPA will have its hands full containing EHS's running backs.

CPA may have the edge at quarterback, but Ensworth probably matches up quite well at other positions.

May have the edge? are you kidding me? Lets see, connor lowery who puts up all everything numbers and is one of the best quarterbacks in the state regardless of classification or harrison ballard/tavarres jefferson who only survive teams like stone memorial because of jeffersons feet.

May have the edge? are you kidding me? Lets see, connor lowery who puts up all everything numbers and is one of the best quarterbacks in the state regardless of classification or harrison ballard/tavarres jefferson who only survive teams like stone memorial because of jeffersons feet.

Wow, you dont know to much about ensworth obviously. Ensworth's team is full of speed and can just down most player and surely can hit. I dont think Conor Lowery can really do much on the run with all of Ensworth's speed. Soon as he attempts to run he will be surrounded by Ensworth D players. And if he passes the ball which is CPA's main weapon, Ensworth who has a strong secondary should be able to shut it down. They are just weak on the runs up the middle so we will see.

Ensworth has alot more than Tavarres and Harrison. You forgot about Orleans, Myers Bierd ( fast big hitting LB), Trent Wallace (6'8 WR), and freshman Rodney Anderson (4.5 speed)

there is alot more to ensworth than alot of people think. Dont get me wrong. This is going to be a great game no matter what. Seeing Connor Lowery and Tavarres Jefferson on the field will be a good watch.

Wow, you dont know to much about ensworth obviously. Ensworth's team is full of speed and can just down most player and surely can hit. I dont think Conor Lowery can really do much on the run with all of Ensworth's speed. Soon as he attempts to run he will be surrounded by Ensworth D players. And if he passes the ball which is CPA's main weapon, Ensworth who has a strong secondary should be able to shut it down. They are just weak on the runs up the middle so we will see.

Ensworth has alot more than Tavarres and Harrison. You forgot about Orleans, Myers Bierd ( fast big hitting LB), Trent Wallace (6'8 WR), and freshman Rodney Anderson (4.5 speed)

there is alot more to ensworth than alot of people think. Dont get me wrong. This is going to be a great game no matter what. Seeing Connor Lowery and Tavarres Jefferson on the field will be a good watch.

Biased much?

Come on, stop talking about your own teams on here.

"May" can have definitions beyond an expression of possibility; e.g., Nashville may get some rain again this week.

"May" can also be used with a tacit understanding that an underlying premise is widely regarded as true; e.g., Jessica Simpson may be attractive, but one has to wonder what she has between the ears.

Apply the latter definition of the word "may" to my original statement, and you may see where I was coming from...I know what kind of prospect Lowery is, and I know that his counterpart this Friday is not on the same level from a prospect perspective (although I think Ballard may have a very good chance to be on the winning team this Friday).

"May" can have definitions beyond an expression of possibility; e.g., Nashville may get some rain again this week.

"May" can also be used with a tacit understanding that an underlying premise is widely regarded as true; e.g., Jessica Simpson may be attractive, but one has to wonder what she has between the ears.

Apply the latter definition of the word "may" to my original statement, and you may see where I was coming from...I know what kind of prospect Lowery is, and I know that his counterpart this Friday is not on the same level from a prospect perspective (although I think Ballard may have a very good chance to be on the winning team this Friday).

Jessica Simpson "may" be attractive? RRR, I have always thought you are bright but that's just downright dumb. There ain't no "may" to it. She is attractive. And if you are wondering about what is between her ears, you must be one of those "scholar" alums from that Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete school

Wow, a freshman competing for playing time. I bet Coach Bowers hasn't had too many like that. I can't ever remember a freshman having any significant playing time for MBA when Bowers was there. Must be a special player. Anyone know where he went to middle school?

Wow, a freshman competing for playing time. I bet Coach Bowers hasn't had too many like that. I can't ever remember a freshman having any significant playing time for MBA when Bowers was there. Must be a special player. Anyone know where he went to middle school?

Rodney Anderson went to Ensworth for middle school. Last year he set the HVAC record in the 100 meter dash at 11.3 seconds. He's a fine athlete and a great kid.

As far as 9th graders getting playing time for Coach Bowers at MBA vs Ensworth--- remember how much smaller Ensworth is than MBA. THe senior class (the school's first) is only 80 kids or so--- roughly 40 boys, vs around 100 boys per class at MBA. Ensworth has some talent, but they're real thin. All that said, I may be imagining things, but I feel like I can remember David McIntosh, Hunter Hillenmeyer and Ingle Martin all seeing some decent playing time as freshmen---- Of course two of the three are in the NFL now, so they were clearly pretty outstanding players.

OK, to clarify previous comments/rebuttals:

CPA may have the edge at quarterback, but Ensworth probably matches up quite well at other positions.

May have the edge? are you kidding me?

jp1952: CPA has the advantage at quarterback. The fact that I singled out that position, of all positions, should have made that implication somewhat clear, but I guess not. Chalk up my use of the word "may" to political correctness on my part, not having seen EHS's QB play. Anyway, how play goes at other positions on both sides will dictate how much of an advantage the QB position is for CPA.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jessica Simpson "may" be attractive? RRR, I have always thought you are bright but that's just downright dumb. There ain't no "may" to it. She is attractive. And if you are wondering about what is between her ears, you must be one of those "scholar" alums from that Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete school

chattcity: Jessica Simpson is attractive (although those acne infomercials are cause for pause sometimes). I thought my use of the phrase "tacit understanding that an underlying premise is widely regarded as true" preceding that example would have driven that point home in differentiating the use of the word "may". Also, don't worry about me; I have an adequate "G" ,"S", and "A" distribution in my makeup (although calling me out tests my "G" side ); a little female intellectual stimulation never hurts, however.

Apologies to the thread for digressing.