David Lipscomb comes to Greenbrier - Week 1

GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Mustangs and the Bobcats in a game with hard hitting defense. At half time it was 0-0 with big defensive plays. Michael Seay had another big game and from what I saw tonight, I agree that the Cats have improved in speed. One of Lipscomb's touchdowns would have probably still happened but with a few more plays had the ref not ran interference as he ran between the Lipscomb's Holt and the Cats player who would not run over the ref to get to him. I don't know if it was the same ref, but in a following play a ref got flattened for being in the wrong place.

Lots of turnovers for the Mustangs, bugs to work out for the Bobcats. It was a good game with good sportsmanship. The Cats played hard. I haven't talked to anyone after the game that didn't think they were looking good, even in this loss. Just gotta watch film and make it even better. We gotta keep in mind Lipscomb is the current state runner up...their coaching figured out some big plays in the second half. Good luck to the Mustangs the rest of the way.

Way to go Cats....let's get ready for next week! FOCUS.

I sure hope they get the sound system moved to our side by next week!!

Tough game for the guys tonight, especially since they played so well. They just couldn't quite get it in the end zone as Lipscomb's D was proverbial...bent without breaking. Aside from the three big plays, I feel like Greenbrier outplayed Lipscomb, overall. There were a lot of hard hits (Bobcat D forced 3 or 4 fumbles) and outstanding pass coverage by both sides.

Regardless, this is without a doubt the best passing offense the Bobcats have had since I've lived here. The Offensive Line gave Grogan plenty of time as Lipscomb was unable to mount any real pressure. Justin made a lot of tough throws on the money and the receivers did a great job running their routes. Unfortunately, Lipscomb played well on their pass coverage. Justin also made some very wise decisions to tuck and run when he did, instead of trying to force the pass. Gotta love a QB who will run over linebackers!

And, kudos to the receivers who threw some great blocks on DE's and LB's in the running game.

Big Country, don't be deceived by game reports you get. The line play was a draw (if not in Greenbrier's favor) as Lipscomb couldn't mount any sustained drives tonight...just got what they needed on three big plays (one of them a KO return). Greenbrier's running game was much more consistant than Lipscomb's tonight. Lipscomb's overall defense was the real difference. It will carry them far!

Keep it up Bobcats and hold your head high. There were a lot of positives in this loss. I see some great things happening this season!

What a game!! Both teams played their hearts out. Greenbrier looked very impressive. Lipscomb had three big plays, and it seemed that Greenbrier would answer with their own big plays with the exception of little yellow flags laying on the ground. The officiating definitely impacted some key drives by the Cats. A little work on the penalties, missed field goals, and putting the ball in the hands of #42 a little more will make this team super competitive. Keep up the great work Bobcats!!

The new stadium was great!! Trying to stay positive here, but too many folks were enjoying the seats a little too much. We had a very good turnout for our new stands, but I would have to give the 12th man a thumbs down. I believe the travel crowd last week was louder than the home crowd this week. I guess most people were in awe of our new House. Hope we can step it up for the next game - this is a very good team, and the fans have plenty to cheer about!!

What a game!! Both teams played their hearts out. Greenbrier looked very impressive. Lipscomb had three big plays, and it seemed that Greenbrier would answer with their own big plays with the exception of little yellow flags laying on the ground. The officiating definitely impacted some key drives by the Cats. A little work on the penalties, missed field goals, and putting the ball in the hands of #42 a little more will make this team super competitive. Keep up the great work Bobcats!!

The new stadium was great!! Trying to stay positive here, but too many folks were enjoying the seats a little too much. We had a very good turnout for our new stands, but I would have to give the 12th man a thumbs down. I believe the travel crowd last week was louder than the home crowd this week. I guess most people were in awe of our new House. Hope we can step it up for the next game - this is a very good team, and the fans have plenty to cheer about!!

Ogor, this is one of my petpeeves at most homegames. The game seems to have to get close before the crowd gets into most games but I regret not all are geared to be cheering fans. The boys work hard in practice and it is obvious when they hear the Bobcats cheering, they respond with big plays. I agree that last week at PJP, the crowd became involved, but it took a little while for them to warm to the idea. I wish all games were pumped and the fans were more into what's going on in the game than visiting with each other.

I agree the stands were great. I never realized how small the original homeside was until you look at it all night. The breeze higher up was very comfortable and the view was great, except the stands are so high it feels alot further away from the boys and cheerleaders. Last night it seemed everyone was getting used to their new "seatmates" in the stands and visiting with friends in the new seating arrangements for the season ticket holders. Next week being homecoming, I hope the sound is moved to our side, and the "norm" comes back. Whichever, the homecrowd needs to get INTO the game and get some cheering going on. I think it makes a big difference.

Go CATS!

You people at Greenbrier really have a stadium to be proud of. The new home side looked great with lots of seating. The actual playing surface was beautiful. You've done a great job up there.

Too bad the play did not look as pretty as the stadium. It really showed which team had played a game and which team had not. Lipscomb was very sloppy. Five fumbles (two lost) and an interception. Greenbrier players outhit Lipscomb the whole game. If their linemen had gotten their feet moving for a few more blocks and not their hands, this game might have been different.

Good luck to Greenbrier the rest of the season.

You people at Greenbrier really have a stadium to be proud of. The new home side looked great with lots of seating. The actual playing surface was beautiful. You've done a great job up there.

Too bad the play did not look as pretty as the stadium. It really showed which team had played a game and which team had not. Lipscomb was very sloppy. Five fumbles (two lost) and an interception. Greenbrier players outhit Lipscomb the whole game. If their linemen had gotten their feet moving for a few more blocks and not their hands, this game might have been different.

Good luck to Greenbrier the rest of the season.

I agree. The stadium is one to be proud of. Even after seeing it go up, it was a different experience to actually watch a live game. My hat is off for the ones that made this happen. There's a group of guys that pretty much spent every spare minute available in the last few weeks and months at the field and it couldn't have happened last night without them. You've all made something special come about that many will be enjoying for years to come. Congratulations on a job well done.

I'll agree too with your assessment. DL looked liked a pretty good, rusty team. I expect they'll make a big jump from week one to week two. The fundamentals were there as always but just a little sloppy. I was really surprised at DLs lack of a passing game. And the ones that were thrown didn't give a lot to be happy with. A deep season run may be difficult unless they develop more confidence in throwing the ball. The Cats looked strong at times but just never could seem to get a consistent offensive game plan going. I don't remember seeing 20 passes thrown in a long time. Three huge offensive plays by DL made the difference. If the Cats can keep these in check... they can be a major factor in the region for the rest of the year.