David Lipscomb comes to Greenbrier - Week 1

GreenbrierCat2

Back to talking about the game.....

I sure hope Friday night will be cooler than last Friday night. To play in the heat of last week caused many of the players to cramp so I hope all players will be back in kilter Friday night. Having such good showings in scrimmages and winning the first game has put some wind in Greenbrier's sails. I hope the new stands and the excitement surrounding getting back to the football frenzy in our little town will get them even more pumped to hit hard, and play well.

We wish the Mustangs a good trip up the hill, but GO BOBCATS!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are ready to go. Cannon will be seeing a great deal of duty on both sides of the ball and Hunt will anchor the OL.

Hunt (#77) will be the anchor of the Mustangs offensive line. He was the team's "lone new starter" last year and played great at RT. This year he could easily be an all-state player.

Cannon (#63) may play some OL this year but he's a big time force at DL. I believe that he is going to be leaned on heavily now that Donnie Hudson is no longer there and I expect him to really pick up the slack.

Don't forget also that Tenpenny (#32) is also returning as the team's NG on the defensive line where he'll be a third year starter this year.

David Lipscomb is young up front from what they've had the last two years but I wouldn't expect any dropoff whatsoever.

Those are some nice comments. We'll make sure Matt and Dale are aware of your post. Creek Wood was a good place to go and play. Fantastic facilities and setting and a very enthusiastic fan base..always enjoyed stopping in White Bluff at Carl's Perfect Pig.

On the Binkley line: There were 2 earlier Binkleys that played in 2A. Braden and Dale Binkley are not related. It will be a number of years before the next Binkley hits the scene. Matthew Binkley at David Lipscomb and Eric Binkley at Spring Hill (They are cousins and could be playing against each other)

Oh really thats a little confusing... Well Lipscomb is the only team Ive ever played that never had anything bad to say.. and thats on and off the field... This is the reason I respect the program so much...

Hunt (#77) will be the anchor of the Mustangs offensive line. He was the team's "lone new starter" last year and played great at RT. This year he could easily be an all-state player.

Cannon (#63) may play some OL this year but he's a big time force at DL. I believe that he is going to be leaned on heavily now that Donnie Hudson is no longer there and I expect him to really pick up the slack.

Don't forget also that Tenpenny (#32) is also returning as the team's NG on the defensive line where he'll be a third year starter this year.

David Lipscomb is young up front from what they've had the last two years but I wouldn't expect any dropoff whatsoever.

Hunt will be moving to LT this year and Tenpenny to OLB. Cannon will be alternating between DE and RT. The numbers you have for Hunt and Tenpenny are correct, but Cannon is (#66).

Okay, Lipscomb fans...I ate at Amy's last night and gave them a headsup to be staffed for the Mustangs fans. It's good food. Maybe not Brentwood ambiance but it's friendly service and hometowncafe country cooking. Try it. You'll like it!

Amy's is some awesome country home cookin' for anyone who's never been there. That is my favorite place to dine anytime I make the trip to Greenbrier (whether it's to go to a football game or to take a trip to my father's shop). You can never go wrong with the meat & three that is served at that place.

Its Game Day!

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes has now been posted on the Mustangfanpage on the game featuring the Mustangs and the Greeenbrier Bobcats. Scouting Reports and Depth Charts and much more is now available.

The Lipscomb Sports Network will broadcast the game live over WAMB/WKDA Radio and over the internet at the Mustangfanpage.

Click Here to visit the Official

Fan Page of the David Lipscomb Mustangs.