David Lipscomb comes to Greenbrier - Week 1

GreenbrierCat2

Where is the meat and three..do you think they will be open for dinner around 5. I think we'll have to pass on the concession stand. The last time we had a burger at the concession stand...it didn't sit well for several of us.

About a half mile past the school going north, almost across the street from each other. One is beside Sandra's Flowers (I think it's called Hwy 41Cafe....haven't tried that one), and the other one is called Amy's Cafe (I have tried that one, and it's pretty good...on the right going north). I think they are both open until 8 or so. There is also Fed's BBQ. I forget about that one until I pass it because it's not as advertised. It's close to the VFW Hall on the left going north.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.... great! I see my seat. It's the silver one.....

You should have paid a little extra....and got one in the big green box...it has AC.

And..nobody mentioned Pepe's...right across from Sonic.

As far as the football game.....GB must have an answer for Holt...the most under rated RB in 3-A.

Congratulations to Greenbrier to their win last week over JPII. I'm sure it was good to get that monkey off

their back. Lipscomb is a team that usually struggles in the first game of the season...still trying to find

the right mix. Greenbrier has proven that in the past. However, the Mustangs did not play in week zero this year

whether a jamboree or regular season game. They did participate in the Metro Jamboree the week before and looked

very good and dominate against Overton.

Lipscomb lost a number of senior starters off last year's team and are still looking to fill those gaps in the offensive line and on defense. From the offensive line gone are Lucas, Dorris, Brewer, Seamon, and Forehand, From the Defensive side gone are Hudson, Stevens, Binkley,Lehning,Prady, Wood, Scott, and Matt Elrod. Caleb Simpson takes over for Brad Hunt at QB. Brandon Cannon and Cameron Hunt return on the line. Mitchell Tenpenny returns at a linebacking spot. Other names to look for: Holt, Davis, Moneypenny and Rogers in the skill positions. Harper, Dallon Hudson and Lehmer with line positions. Additional contributors Michael Saggio, Ben Brewer, Daniel Dorris, Kyle Lehning, Buck Sheesley and Geoffrey Street.

We look forward coming to the new stadium in Greenbrier and being a part of that celebration. Any suggestion on where to eat in the area? Be sure and visit The Mustangfanpage

this week for complete coverage of the Mustangs and the game at Greenbrier.

[/quote

I graduated from Creekwood this past year and I was just wandering if any of the Lipscomb seniors went on to play college ball???? Elrod and Binkley in particular bc I know those 2 can play..

The ole' "rivalry" between Greenbrier and David Lipscomb comes around this coming Friday. David Lipscomb comes to the new renovated stadium of Greenbrier which will now hold even more Bobcat fans.

This new Greenbrier team has started last week on all pistons pulling ahead of Wesley Tate and crew at PJP II last week at the end of the game and taking their first win of the season. Can the Bobcats do it again against DL? Of course, I say YES!

What's your thoughts?

(Let me guess timbpd's prediction )

Lipscomb isnt JP2. Lipscomb 37-17. Lipscombs runner Jeremy is very good, and also the reciever Rodgers is big time. Not sure how accurate their QB is though. Put some pressure on him and you'll have a chance.

Lipscomb isnt JP2. Lipscomb 37-17. Lipscombs runner Jeremy is very good, and also the reciever Rodgers is big time. Not sure how accurate their QB is though. Put some pressure on him and you'll have a chance.

What is the deal with the numbers "37-17"????? That's what you said PJPII would beat the Bobcats by just this past week. You may have been right had a punt return and a long run both had not been called back due to penalties. OH WELL Greenbrier ran the football at will and kept Wesley Tate & Co. off of the field late and that enabled the Bobcats to be where they are today. 1-0.

What is the deal with the numbers "37-17"????? That's what you said PJPII would beat the Bobcats by just this past week. You may have been right had a punt return and a long run both had not been called back due to penalties. OH WELL Greenbrier ran the football at will and kept Wesley Tate & Co. off of the field late and that enabled the Bobcats to be where they are today. 1-0.

Before the game started i changed my prediction to JP2 by 3 pts. I know i was wrong on that also ,but like i said Lipscomb isnt PJ2. Im sure Greenbrier is stronger this year then last, but I dont think they can beat Lipscomb unless they put alot of pressure on the QB , and contain Jeremy the RB. THey do those 2 things, and they will have a shot.

I don't think DL has played a scrimmage with all of their offensive starters yet. Moneypenny, Rogers, and some of the starting linemen have been nicked up a little. Should be a great game, and a good test for both teams. As Vandy said, we don't seem to fair very well in the first game lately, but the coaches have shown the ability to make corrections and adjustments to wright the ship. PS Amy's Cafe is very good meat and 3 and also served catfish on fridays last time I was in Greenbrier.....be sure to wear your Lipscomb colors..you will get great service and a few stare-downs. Go Stangs!!

I graduated from Creekwood this past year and I was just wandering if any of the Lipscomb seniors went on to play college ball???? Elrod and Binkley in particular bc I know those 2 can play..

Both Binkley and Elrod have joined their brothers at Lipscomb University and are awaiting Lipscomb U's decision to start a team on the college level.

If I am not mistaken, Greenbrier beat Lipscomb in the first game of the year two years ago. I think it will be a good game with Greenbrier having and advantage playing at home. But I think DL has reloaded for 2007 and will have another outstanding year. David Lipscomb by a touchdown.

You're correct. GB also beat them in the opener at DL the year before that. I always thought that GB getting a game under their belt in Week 0 and DL not playing until Week 1 played into this. DL would then go on to run the table.