David Lipscomb comes to Greenbrier - Week 1

GreenbrierCat2

The ole' "rivalry" between Greenbrier and David Lipscomb comes around this coming Friday. David Lipscomb comes to the new renovated stadium of Greenbrier which will now hold even more Bobcat fans.

This new Greenbrier team has started last week on all pistons pulling ahead of Wesley Tate and crew at PJP II last week at the end of the game and taking their first win of the season. Can the Bobcats do it again against DL? Of course, I say YES!

What's your thoughts?

(Let me guess timbpd's prediction )

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The energy and excitement is going to be something special this Friday in Greenbrier. Between homecoming, the new stadium additions, and coming off spectacular win last Friday = WOW!! The energy in that place is going to be incredible. Perfect timing for a match up against a good team like David Lipscomb.

Congratulations to Greenbrier to their win last week over JPII. I'm sure it was good to get that monkey off

their back. Lipscomb is a team that usually struggles in the first game of the season...still trying to find

the right mix. Greenbrier has proven that in the past. However, the Mustangs did not play in week zero this year

whether a jamboree or regular season game. They did participate in the Metro Jamboree the week before and looked

very good and dominate against Overton.

Lipscomb lost a number of senior starters off last year's team and are still looking to fill those gaps in the offensive line and on defense. From the offensive line gone are Lucas, Dorris, Brewer, Seamon, and Forehand, From the Defensive side gone are Hudson, Stevens, Binkley,Lehning,Prady, Wood, Scott, and Matt Elrod. Caleb Simpson takes over for Brad Hunt at QB. Brandon Cannon and Cameron Hunt return on the line. Mitchell Tenpenny returns at a linebacking spot. Other names to look for: Holt, Davis, Moneypenny and Rogers in the skill positions. Harper, Dallon Hudson and Lehmer with line positions. Additional contributors Michael Saggio, Ben Brewer, Daniel Dorris, Kyle Lehning, Buck Sheesley and Geoffrey Street.

We look forward coming to the new stadium in Greenbrier and being a part of that celebration. Any suggestion on where to eat in the area? Be sure and visit The Mustangfanpage

this week for complete coverage of the Mustangs and the game at Greenbrier.

Congratulations to Greenbrier to their win last week over JPII. I'm sure it was good to get that monkey off

their back. Lipscomb is a team that usually struggles in the first game of the season...still trying to find

the right mix. Greenbrier has proven that in the past. However, the Mustangs did not play in week zero this year

whether a jamboree or regular season game. They did participate in the Metro Jamboree the week before and looked

very good and dominate against Overton.

Lipscomb lost a number of senior starters off last year's team and are still looking to fill those gaps in the offensive line and on defense. From the offensive line gone are Lucas, Dorris, Brewer, Seamon, and Forehand, From the Defensive side gone are Hudson, Stevens, Binkley,Lehning,Prady, Wood, Scott, and Matt Elrod. Caleb Simpson takes over for Brad Hunt at QB. Brandon Cannon and Cameron Hunt return on the line. Mitchell Tenpenny returns at a linebacking spot. Other names to look for: Holt, Davis, Moneypenny and Rogers in the skill positions. Harper, Dallon Hudson and Lehmer with line positions. Additional contributors Michael Saggio, Ben Brewer, Daniel Dorris, Kyle Lehning, Buck Sheesley and Geoffrey Street.

We look forward coming to the new stadium in Greenbrier and being a part of that celebration. Any suggestion on where to eat in the area? Be sure and visit The Mustangfanpage

this week for complete coverage of the Mustangs and the game at Greenbrier.

Vandy, thanks for the kind words. I think I can speak for most of Greenbrier fans when I say WE are excited about the new renovations to our stadium. Although I haven't been here "forever" apparently the new homeside was the original homeside and the oldtimers are feeling a new surge with moving back across the field. I'm not normally one for superstitions with the last few years good runs into the playoffs (with the exception of last year), I hope we don't alter any aura in Greenbrier by turning that shield around in centerfield. The new kickoff of the first homegame in the new stands plus our rivalry with David Lipscomb will be enough electricity in the air to brighten those Friday Night Lights. We look forward to having you guys come visit again.

As for somewhere to eat? Our El Alteno mexican restaurant is gone, and all you've got to choose from in Greenbrier is Sonic, Subway and a couple of hometown meat and threes. What can we say? We're STILL from the "little bit of country" between two big towns. Stopping in Rivergate would be my suggestion...or come by our concessions stand. We accept all kinds of "pennys" there.

Have a safe trip!

I knew Homecoming was coming up pretty soon, but I was just assuming the first post was right. Actually, I checked with a more reliable source, and Homecoming is NEXT week (9/7) with our game against DeKalb County. Sorry for the confusion.....

Click here to see pictures of the new GHS Stadium (almost complete, but not quite)....

http://www.photoshow.com/members/GHSCatFan...otball/dV6eb3wm

I knew Homecoming was coming up pretty soon, but I was just assuming the first post was right. Actually, I checked with a more reliable source, and Homecoming is NEXT week (9/7) with our game against DeKalb County. Sorry for the confusion.....

Click here to see pictures of the new GHS Stadium (almost complete, but not quite)....

http://www.photoshow.com/members/GHSCatFan...otball/dV6eb3wm

Hey.... great! I see my seat. It's the silver one.....

Week 2 is still awfully early HOWEVER it is also very noticable as to why Greenbrier selected that week to be the "Homecoming '07" week.

1.) The other home games are against Lipscomb, Station Camp, Sycamore, & White House and all of those teams will bring huge crowds therefore why waste a "Homecoming" crowd against one of those teams.

2.) Lipscomb is the opener so it can't be "Homecoming" and all of the other games are going to be IMPORTANT REGION BATTLES during a potential playoff run for the Bobcats. The distractions that "Homecoming" week can bring are too dangerous to spend against a tough region foe.

3.) While DeKalb Co. will be much better and improved there's still little doubt against the fact that they just will not be able to compete four 4 Quarters against a team like Greenbrier. You NEVER want to lose any game and this is especially the case for "Homecoming".

Good scheduling by Coach Kirk Williams & Co.

Vandy, thanks for the kind words. I think I can speak for most of Greenbrier fans when I say WE are excited about the new renovations to our stadium. Although I haven't been here "forever" apparently the new homeside was the original homeside and the oldtimers are feeling a new surge with moving back across the field. I'm not normally one for superstitions with the last few years good runs into the playoffs (with the exception of last year), I hope we don't alter any aura in Greenbrier by turning that shield around in centerfield. The new kickoff of the first homegame in the new stands plus our rivalry with David Lipscomb will be enough electricity in the air to brighten those Friday Night Lights. We look forward to having you guys come visit again.

As for somewhere to eat? Our El Alteno mexican restaurant is gone, and all you've got to choose from in Greenbrier is Sonic, Subway and a couple of hometown meat and threes. What can we say? We're STILL from the "little bit of country" between two big towns. Stopping in Rivergate would be my suggestion...or come by our concessions stand. We accept all kinds of "pennys" there.

Have a safe trip!

Where is the meat and three..do you think they will be open for dinner around 5. I think we'll have to pass on the concession stand. The last time we had a burger at the concession stand...it didn't sit well for several of us.

Where is the meat and three..do you think they will be open for dinner around 5. I think we'll have to pass on the concession stand. The last time we had a burger at the concession stand...it didn't sit well for several of us.

If you keeping heading north on Hwy 41 past where you turn left to the ballfield you'll come upon Greenbrier's other cafes. (just a little over .5 mile) One on the right and one on the left. These places are you're classic, small town cafes and the food is pretty good. The one that'll be on your left (Highway 41 Cafe) has meat and 3's throughout the week and they used to have catfish on Friday evenings. I haven't eaten there and I'm just going off of what I've been told by those who have. Both places have large breakfast crowds on Saturday mornings so maybe that stands for something....