Waverly Central vs. Harpeth

papatiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think having that first game under your belt is huge papatiger. Harpeth hasn't been through the first game jitters and all of that. That's an advantage to Waverly even with the injuries.

I'm just ready for the guys to play a game under the lights with the cheerleaders and the band there and the anticipation of a new season. I hope to see more alums like HHSnumber1fan there too.

I agree. Usually if a team is going to improve you see a huge difference between the first and second games. I think it will be a close game, too close to call. I'll be calling the game on the radio so stop by if you want to say hello.

Dont know much about Harpeth but, but my main question is how did so many of Waverly's starters from last season get banged up so badly to be out for half a season or longer? Anyway good luck to both teams, hope everyone comes out alright, once again Good luck to both teams.

In a spring scrimmage, Nick Bercik was just running out his route and turned tearing his ACL. Supposed to be back mid year. Corbin Jones is relegated to punting only unless he got released this week. I think, not sure, did his doing squats in the spring. His was an MCL sprain. Tyler Fuller and Scot Anderson have groin muscle injuries along with a hip pointer I believe. Chase Collomp who I really feel for since he is a senior, took a helmet to the knee in the last scrimmage a week before the season started completely tearing his ACL. Chase was going to be a big part of the offense and defense. He really shined in the fall scrimmages

Unfortunately injuries happen but for a small school, just a few injuries takes a big toll. We have some talented reserves but they are very young. We only have 7 seniors. I still think Waverly will have a really good year.

wont be making this game...but will still leave a few words lol....this game will be the one to really tell how the rest of the season is goina be, gettin shut out first game is bad but im not goina just give up because last year when waverly had one of the best seasons in such a long time...the very first game we were shutout...i believe if the guys can overlook the injurys and just play their game and not worry bout gettin hurt or anything else we'l be fine...iv heard that harpeth is lookin really good this season so i will expect it to be a good game if waverly can kick it in to gear...the defensive line should be able to still play really good if they will just get into the game and play, they are good enough to stop the run and pass and should be able to keep the game close...the defense is goina be such a key this season as well as the special teams because its really not good to see you star punter have to make a tackle to save a touchdown especially when hes supposed to be regulated to kicking only but really hope to see corbin back in action on defense really soon, when that happens expect the D to be really fired back up!! good luck to both teams tomorrow night and lets pray for an injury free game cuz i know waverly really needs that!!

Waverly: 17

Harpeth: 15 if the defense steps up if not then count on 21

Go TIGERS!!!

Man, it feels like old times with Waverly coming to town and Loretto up next! The guys are excited, there's going to be 2 big tailgating parties on each side of the field. The dang middle school is throwing one and then walking over en mass to the field to support the high school team! The football club is grilling in the parking lot behind the home bleachers. Huge pep rally at school today. Everybody had on their blue and red stuff in the parking lot this morning. There won't be a good parking spot after 6:00. We Ready!

Man, it feels like old times with Waverly coming to town and Loretto up next! The guys are excited, there's going to be 2 big tailgating parties on each side of the field. The dang middle school is throwing one and then walking over en mass to the field to support the high school team! The football club is grilling in the parking lot behind the home bleachers. Huge pep rally at school today. Everybody had on their blue and red stuff in the parking lot this morning. There won't be a good parking spot after 6:00. We Ready!

Didnt know how I would feel not playing anymore until today, and I am missing it real bad. I just got out of class and came straight here to see what was going on. I wish I was still playing, ks I should be at the game around 5 or 530 so I will see you there. Go Indians. I also talked to a few players last night and they are ready to turn things around this year. My new prediction...

Harpeth 35

Waverly 7

p.s. Alums will be there ks probably before me half of them dont have to drive as far as I do. lol

Go INDIANS

You will be missed on the field HHSNumber1fan. #6 from last season also said he will be there for the tailgate, and that he doesn't know how he is going to be able to handle it as a spectator this year. Plan on a full house and lots of excitement tonight as this team has everyone excited. No score predictions other than to say I believe Harpeth will win, and it ought to be a fun and exciting game for all to see. The guys on this year's team believe in themselves and the coaches and that alone will take them along way. There is a lot of talent, just not much depth. The Indians need to score early and often and play some solid "D". See you and KS at the tailgate!