Waverly Central vs. Harpeth

papatiger

In a spring scrimmage, Nick Bercik was just running out his route and turned tearing his ACL. Supposed to be back mid year. Corbin Jones is relegated to punting only unless he got released this week. I think, not sure, did his doing squats in the spring. His was an MCL sprain. Tyler Fuller and Scot Anderson have groin muscle injuries along with a hip pointer I believe. Chase Collomp who I really feel for since he is a senior, took a helmet to the knee in the last scrimmage a week before the season started completely tearing his ACL. Chase was going to be a big part of the offense and defense. He really shined in the fall scrimmages

Unfortunately injuries happen but for a small school, just a few injuries takes a big toll. We have some talented reserves but they are very young. We only have 7 seniors. I still think Waverly will have a really good year.

[

You stand corrected on one injury.Collump did not take a helmet to the knee.He caught a pass,attempted a move and went down.No one hit him.One thing is for sure,if the tigers dont get healthy,it will be a very long year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt know how I would feel not playing anymore until today, and I am missing it real bad. I just got out of class and came straight here to see what was going on. I wish I was still playing, ks I should be at the game around 5 or 530 so I will see you there. Go Indians. I also talked to a few players last night and they are ready to turn things around this year. My new prediction...

Harpeth 35

Waverly 7

p.s. Alums will be there ks probably before me half of them dont have to drive as far as I do. lol

Go INDIANS

Yep. I was thinking about you guys on the way in this morning HHSnumber1fan. Passing the torch is tough. It'll be different seeing you guys on the sidelines too. It don't hit you til game day.

We'll see you around the grill!

Gator, I was on the Collinwood sideline taking pictures when Chase went down. What I based the helmet ordeal on was what their players were saying as they came off. They said one of their guys hit him in the leg with a helmet. That's what I went on. I stand corrected though if that's not what happened. Either way, he tore it and that's not good, right? Thanks for the info.

Harpeth wins 23-0. Congratulations to the Indians on there win. The defense looked stout, along with the pass protection by the line. Raymond Hayes had a "Pacman like" punt return. Along with Perry Horkins and Patrick Clark with receiving TD's. Then they got a safety. Jeremy Roark had a good game passing with two td's and one int. Again congratulations. Ks can probably give you better stats. How many passing yards did Jeremy have, and how many receptions did perry have?? KS??

GOOD JOB INDIANS. I think this will give you a boost for next week against Loretto at there place.

Harpeth wins 23-0. Congratulations to the Indians on there win. The defense looked stout, along with the pass protection by the line. Raymond Hayes had a "Pacman like" punt return. Along with Perry Horkins and Patrick Clark with receiving TD's. Then they got a safety. Jeremy Roark had a good game passing with two td's and one int. Again congratulations. Ks can probably give you better stats. How many passing yards did Jeremy have, and how many receptions did perry have?? KS??

GOOD JOB INDIANS. I think this will give you a boost for next week against Loretto at there place.

Don't get too excited guys. You were basically playing Waverly's second team. We had several injuries before the game that didn't allow 5 guys to play and several early in the game. ONe point we had more guys out of pads than in pads.SEcond string QB played second quarter on because of injury to starting qb, third string qb had to come in the fourth not for mop up but because the second string got hurt. Two lineman went out with injuries, another went out with knee injury, and found out at game time one of the best defensive lineman and running backs that is on the team was not with us tonight.

Congrats on the win, Roark looked good as did Horkins, the punt return had a block in the back along with an official who got in the way of a couple of tacklers (that happens).

But as I said, most of the game was played by 2nd and 3rd teamers mixed with a couple of starters. Good luck the rest of the year.

Hope our Tigers get healthy

Harpeth's nest game is at Loretto who is 0-2 on the year with a 33-0 loss to Lawrence Co. & a 42-12 loss to Collinwood.

I HOPE HARPETH GETS TO 2-0 NEXT WEEK SO WITH THAT IN MIND GO INDIANS!!!!!

They're not a playoff team look to my previous post. BC

They hurt in the run game. Leading rusher (Clark) only had 28 yards, next one (Hayes) had 26. They had slightly over 200 yds total offense against a second string defense.