Waverly Central vs. Harpeth

papatiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not a playoff team look to my previous post. BC

They hurt in the run game. Leading rusher (Clark) only had 28 yards, next one (Hayes) had 26. They had slightly over 200 yds total offense against a second string defense.

Like HHSNumber1 said, Harpeth starts about 75% sophomores. That was our JV playing the 4th quarter too. Everybody played but one freshman. Congrats Harpeth on the W. Go get you another one next week against Loretto.

They're not a playoff team look to my previous post. BC

They hurt in the run game. Leading rusher (Clark) only had 28 yards, next one (Hayes) had 26. They had slightly over 200 yds total offense against a second string defense.

I hate to burst your bubble trying to call out stats, but Clark and Hayes only had about 5 carries the whole game a piece. They had 8 people with carries. And it doesnt really matter if they only had 3 yards total offense, because they still would have won 2-0, isnt that right. When your defense gets a shut out the rest is easy. Harpeth will start this season off 3 and 0. Again Congratulations. And dont let anybody tell you different. In this region looking how everybody is doing I think the most games that Harpeth will lose this year is 4. Fairview is down this year, and everybody else besides Hickman and Lewis are sub par teams. And this is exactly what Harpeth needed. They just needed one season where they were on the rise and everybody else was down. So my final prediction is 6-4 or 7-3. The 7th win will come in the last two games, just watch for it and it will come.

And if you want to continue with stats our sophomores held your offense to 55 total yards.

Next week, people that could have played tonight, but at high risk, should play. Scot Anderson, Tyler Fuller, Critter Howell, and many many more. Next week is our first game of the region against Stewart County who is 1-1. They played two less than stellar Single-A teams. Once again, Get well Soon guys. We need as many as we can get.

I hate to burst your bubble trying to call out stats, but Clark and Hayes only had about 5 carries the whole game a piece. They had 8 people with carries. And it doesnt really matter if they only had 3 yards total offense, because they still would have won 2-0, isnt that right. When your defense gets a shut out the rest is easy. Harpeth will start this season off 3 and 0. Again Congratulations. And dont let anybody tell you different. In this region looking how everybody is doing I think the most games that Harpeth will lose this year is 4. Fairview is down this year, and everybody else besides Hickman and Lewis are sub par teams. And this is exactly what Harpeth needed. They just needed one season where they were on the rise and everybody else was down. So my final prediction is 6-4 or 7-3. The 7th win will come in the last two games, just watch for it and it will come.

And if you want to continue with stats our sophomores held your offense to 55 total yards.

Get a reality check HHS. The total yardage for Harpeth runners was only 109 yards check the Tennessean. Passing was only 108 I think. Either way whether it's freshmen sophomores juniors or seniors, you guys played our second and third teamers most of the night. Talked to Coach Graves this morning and last night we had 13 guys who play either offense or defense hurt that wasn't playing.

you had one touchdown on a punt return, a safety, one touchdown was a 15 yard drive after an interception by the third string qb who was forced into second string because of an injury, then to playing last night because of an injury. Your only sustained drive was only a 45 yard drive.

Come on, I gave you props in my post saying you all had a pretty good little team but just not a playoff team. Good luck the rest of the year.

Get a reality check HHS. The total yardage for Harpeth runners was only 109 yards check the Tennessean. Passing was only 108 I think. Either way whether it's freshmen sophomores juniors or seniors, you guys played our second and third teamers most of the night. Talked to Coach Graves this morning and last night we had 13 guys who play either offense or defense hurt that wasn't playing.

you had one touchdown on a punt return, a safety, one touchdown was a 15 yard drive after an interception by the third string qb who was forced into second string because of an injury, then to playing last night because of an injury. Your only sustained drive was only a 45 yard drive.

Come on, I gave you props in my post saying you all had a pretty good little team but just not a playoff team. Good luck the rest of the year.

I have got a reality check. I know Waverly is terrible right now I said it all night last night. Dont worry. Who is going to beat Harpeth in this region??? Lewis Co., Hickman Co., and maybe Fairview. Those are the only teams in the region that I am worried about. East Hickman will not beat Harpeth neither will Loretto, Richland is the toss up. And you keep saying you gave your props, but you drown them with pessimistic views. I dont think you know what reality is. When you get your 13 players back Waverly is still going to go 0-10 maybe 1-9 thats REALITY. Sorry. JMO

We can play what ifs and the stat game all day. Harpeth also dropped a sure touchdown pass and was throwing at the end zone at the end of the half after marching down the field with 33 seconds on the clock. Personally, I think they got jipped out of about 4 seconds on that drive. It could have been 37-0 without much of a stretch. The short field was because of Harpeth's return game. The Indians started most drives at the 50 or beyond. You don't have to sustain long drives when the opponent is averaging 29 yards a punt and you're returning the ball 10-15 yards or to the house. We even fumbled one in our territory for naught. On the flip side, Harpeth's punter turned the field over with 40 yard punts with little return yardage. If anything I was disappointed in some drive stopping penalties and coming up short in the red zone twice. That improvement between the first game and the second should take care of some of those issues I would think. The defense held Wavo to less than 50 yards total, 9 yards rushing according to the Tennessean. Meanwhile Wayne County got obliterated by Lewis County last night.

We'll take them any way that we can get them. The W is all that matters and improving from week to week. Injury wise, I think our fullback tweaked a hamstring or something and the usual bumps and bruises. Injuries are part of the game and like Wavo, Harpeth can ill afford to lose many.

I have kept quiet about the Waverly game, but i think you guys see what ive been saying about my boys from KS. We WILL contend THIS year in our region. If you were there Friday night you saw a much improved TRIBE with multiple playmakers. HHSnumber1fan, you still only think 5-5 for the season? NOT ME... Look out 2a, Harpeth Football is back. GO TRIBE!!!!!

I have got a reality check. I know Waverly is terrible right now I said it all night last night. Dont worry. Who is going to beat Harpeth in this region??? Lewis Co., Hickman Co., and maybe Fairview. Those are the only teams in the region that I am worried about. East Hickman will not beat Harpeth neither will Loretto, Richland is the toss up. And you keep saying you gave your props, but you drown them with pessimistic views. I dont think you know what reality is. When you get your 13 players back Waverly is still going to go 0-10 maybe 1-9 thats REALITY. Sorry. JMO

Well, unfortunately we won't get our 13 back, some are lost for the year. But if we get some of the others back, we still should be a play off team. I don't see us beating Camden or Huntingdon, but I think Stewart Co. Houston Co. Adamsville and Riverside are all possible wins that if they take those would put them 4-2 in the region and third place.

Lewis will beat them, Hickman, Richland and maybe Fairview. Three losses though will keep you out of the playoffs.

We can play what ifs and the stat game all day. Harpeth also dropped a sure touchdown pass and was throwing at the end zone at the end of the half after marching down the field with 33 seconds on the clock. Personally, I think they got jipped out of about 4 seconds on that drive. It could have been 37-0 without much of a stretch. The short field was because of Harpeth's return game. The Indians started most drives at the 50 or beyond. You don't have to sustain long drives when the opponent is averaging 29 yards a punt and you're returning the ball 10-15 yards or to the house. We even fumbled one in our territory for naught. On the flip side, Harpeth's punter turned the field over with 40 yard punts with little return yardage. If anything I was disappointed in some drive stopping penalties and coming up short in the red zone twice. That improvement between the first game and the second should take care of some of those issues I would think. The defense held Wavo to less than 50 yards total, 9 yards rushing according to the Tennessean. Meanwhile Wayne County got obliterated by Lewis County last night.

We'll take them any way that we can get them. The W is all that matters and improving from week to week. Injury wise, I think our fullback tweaked a hamstring or something and the usual bumps and bruises. Injuries are part of the game and like Wavo, Harpeth can ill afford to lose many.

We keep stats in the booth and the punting average was 37 yards. The stats you have there didn't include the 48 yard punt that was run back. The official scorer must have gotten too excited and not recorded it. Either way, you only had one drive that ended with a touchdown of any length. The 15 yarder was off an interception from a third string qb. Either way, I know that counts, but 200 yards of offense against a JV defense isn't much to brag about. I was impressed with Roark and Horkins. That's a really good connection there. As far as WC goes, we had the same thing guys, a lot of people standing on the sideline that were starters. But Wayne County does have a better team than Harpeth IMO.