Stone Memorial vs Knoxville Catholic

kane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to tell you that I believe that Stone will win in a huge upset but I can't. KC will come in very prepared and leave with a win more than likely. But one thing needs to be cleared up. Yep Stone played as a JV schedule last year and did win against some varsity teams with that being said the coaching staff knows what they are up against and last year was just that - last year. They will prepare these young men the best they can for this game and this year. They will not being talking about how last year they did this or they did that. That's our job as fans. hahaha. That's what is great about this message board. One more thing while the QB Green did a good job and this is not a cutdown by no means a comparitive QB for this district. yet. Guess what though no matter what I write or anyone else they still get to go play on Friday. I hope they understand how lucky they all are to still be able to put a hat on someone. Godspeed.

The mercy rules saves stone from the embarrasment of 100. To chokeonaloaf, do you really think playing a jv schedule compares to a varsity schedule. If you think you played people's varsity last year and won 8 and you have everybody back then you should win at least 8 this year according to your logic. If i'm not mistaken you played scott co. last year and beat them so you should blow them out this year?

scott county played stone last year and brought in their juniors to get some experience before the fulton game...opening kickoff scott ran it back all the way...scott kicks off stone gets ball stone four and out...scott high drives down field scores 14-0...scott junior stone junior one on one...first quarter ends coach takes out all juniors scott plays freshman and sophomore rest of game stone beats scott by two points... stones juniors against scott's freshman sophomore team(still stone is not a team to be over looked)

oh and Catholic beats stone by 35+

I'd like to tell you that I believe that Stone will win in a huge upset but I can't. KC will come in very prepared and leave with a win more than likely. But one thing needs to be cleared up. Yep Stone played as a JV schedule last year and did win against some varsity teams with that being said the coaching staff knows what they are up against and last year was just that - last year. They will prepare these young men the best they can for this game and this year. They will not being talking about how last year they did this or they did that. That's our job as fans. hahaha. That's what is great about this message board. One more thing while the QB Green did a good job and this is not a cutdown by no means a comparitive QB for this district. yet. Guess what though no matter what I write or anyone else they still get to go play on Friday. I hope they understand how lucky they all are to still be able to put a hat on someone. Godspeed.

JetsBlueAngel.

Nice post, and welcome. No rooting interest in Catholic, other than being a fan of good program development. I meant what I wrote yesterday about what Stone Memorial can accomplish along those lines. I hope to become a fan of SM's program, just like Mville, Fulton, Alcoa, AE, and a number of others. William Blount is on the rise, as is Halls, and CAK. Makes me sound like a frontrunner, and I am. This way, for the most part, when I team I enjoy watching loses, it's to another team I enjoy watching.

Chokeonaloaf.

Appreciate the logic of your last post. Having written that, do not be mislead in to believing that because Catholic's OL/DL are big, that they don't run well. If you play, you will/should have seen tape by now. On the MoWest/Catholic broadcast, I was very impressed w/ Wood, NG, Coulter, DT, and Tait, DT. Checked the Knox News Sentinel stats today. Coulter had 4 tackles, 1 sack. Wood had 8 tackles. Tait had 8 tackles, 2 sacks. They don't have kids with 120 tackles for a season. Accurate #s. I will also venture to guess that you will find the same type of players at Austin East, Fulton, Anderson County, etc. Fulton had one of the better DTs that I have seen at the HS level last year in Antonio Hammilton. 6-2, 295, and a 5.1 guy. Destroyrd D. Lipscomb in the 3A state game last year playing fullback.

ruse?

Great post ruse? I understand what you are talking about with the "recruitment" thing. I guess my feelings are a little old school, stick with the program that brought you up; if you were a Monarch in little league, you should be a Roadrunner in High School. I guess that kind of thinking dates back to the Medieval time period with Nobels and Serfs, times have changed(haha). I also agree that AE will be a tough team to beat this fall, probably 2nd in Region 2 behind Catholic. I don't know if it is the coaching, the kids, or the power lines but I remember when Catholic was playing at Evans-Collins and lost to Gibbs among other teams. Good luck to SM and give the Irish a run for it.

going 8 and 2 as jv really should get somebody excited when you are building a first year program.you have to have hope and stone is a good team they just are in a brutal conference.i remember hearing slings like those from observer about livingston and it got worse when catholic beat up on la.but when livingston won state beating catholic along the way then everybody after the numerous excuses despite playing them at home said nothing bad about livingston.sure la hasn't done much since and nobody is saying stone will win state but hey they got a shot to beat catholic though a little one but stone isn't a bad team.as i said in another post if you put stone in the seymour region i bet any money those kids would at least at least place 3rd!!! good luck to both teams!!

going 8 and 2 as jv really should get somebody excited when you are building a first year program.you have to have hope and stone is a good team they just are in a brutal conference.i remember hearing slings like those from observer about livingston and it got worse when catholic beat up on la.but when livingston won state beating catholic along the way then everybody after the numerous excuses despite playing them at home said nothing bad about livingston.sure la hasn't done much since and nobody is saying stone will win state but hey they got a shot to beat catholic though a little one but stone isn't a bad team.as i said in another post if you put stone in the seymour region i bet any money those kids would at least at least place 3rd!!! good luck to both teams!!

ever heard the saying about if ifs and buts were candy.....

Great post ruse? I understand what you are talking about with the "recruitment" thing. I guess my feelings are a little old school, stick with the program that brought you up; if you were a Monarch in little league, you should be a Roadrunner in High School. I guess that kind of thinking dates back to the Medieval time period with Nobels and Serfs, times have changed(haha). I also agree that AE will be a tough team to beat this fall, probably 2nd in Region 2 behind Catholic. I don't know if it is the coaching, the kids, or the power lines but I remember when Catholic was playing at Evans-Collins and lost to Gibbs among other teams. Good luck to SM and give the Irish a run for it.

Hey MineyHaole.

Thanks. At the end, the kids wind up going to the school/program that the parents feel will provide for the best opportunity. Sometimes on the field, sometimes, the classroom, socially, etc. Not saying that it is right or wrong; however, it is what it is. Evans-Collins Field had some nice rocks on it. I really like AE's staff, specificaly, Jarvis Reado with the OL. Back to my Beowulf:)

ruse?