Stone Memorial vs Knoxville Catholic

kane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone can not get down early, the D has to step up big time. They can do it, but everyone of them will have to play their hearts out. The O is young but quick and must hit the groove early. I think this game will be closer than anyone ever imagined.

Catholic is very very good. I don't think it will be close...at least this year.

Catholic looked very strong in their game (caught it on TV), while Stone is somewhat of an unknown entity. I will say that Cumberland County was supposedly favored by 18 points last Friday and Stone handed them their rears 34-0. Stone is very quick and was suprisingly explosive off the line Friday night. They appear to be in outstanding physical condition, as it was extremely hot at the game and they did not falter at the end. Cumberland County was much bigger, but ran out of gas.

Stone has a couple of playmakers that are deceptively quick with good moves (#1 comes to mind) and the quarterback that took the place of an injured starter looked good in the backfield. I heard the projected starter at QB may even be back for this one...he has great size, good feet, a good arm, and good field sense.

Can Stone beat Catholic?? Probably not... On paper, it probably looks like a blowout, but I wouldn't count on Stone just laying down in this one.

who do you think takes this one....

Well Kane The players from Stone don't want anything to do with this board.So they want to play football.The game

against Catholic will be the biggest test for them.They have nothing too lose thier not suppose to compete .So

i would say Stone goes and plays hard but doesn't win and no one will think any less of them.Catholic is a power

house with dept pockets small farming kids can't compete with that

Catholic 28

Stone 0

Congrats to the boys from the Plateau. It is great to see a "new" team start off with such a bang. I do think that the Cumberland County win was a great way to start a heated in-county rivaly. However, I do not think that the game prepared Stone for the fighting Irish of Cedar Bluff. Catholic has some great athletes from ALL over Knox county due to their luxury of being able to recruit. They gave a royal tail-whipping to a pretty darn good M-West team and will probably win Region 2 again. That being said, I think that if Stone can give a strong effort that they can be proud of it can give them the confidence to beat the lower-tier teams in the conference and have a great season. Good luck to Stone and keep those injuries away!