westview

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not heard much about the chargers this year, what can we expect from them this season?

I was at the Union City / Westview game on Friday and coming from a Union City/Obion County Fan, Westview will have to take it up a level to have a really good year. You have a good quarterback #10 & #14 and Griggs # 47 as a back but outside that Union city stayed with them step by step the first hald but the Westview BIG line wore us down in the 3rd quarter.

The region Westview is in is always a toss up on who will will at the end of the year. Milan must have a few problems and The Mustangs of Huntingdon looks to have the inside track there.

Good luck

I was at the Union City / Westview game on Friday and coming from a Union City/Obion County Fan, Westview will have to take it up a level to have a really good year. You have a good quarterback #10 & #14 and Griggs # 47 as a back but outside that Union city stayed with them step by step the first hald but the Westview BIG line wore us down in the 3rd quarter.

The region Westview is in is always a toss up on who will will at the end of the year. Milan must have a few problems and The Mustangs of Huntingdon looks to have the inside track there.

Good luck

Okay, let me get this straight. Westview beats UC 49 to 7 in a game where the mercy rule is invoked, Westview clears the bench and is clearly trying to not run up the score and you draw the conclusion that "Westview will have to take it up a level..." Union City logic nevers ceases to amaze. Perhaps I might suggest that you worry about UC and a team that has given up 98 points while only scoring 17 against Westview in their last 2 meetings instead of getting on a public forum and disparaging others. You further demonstrate your lack of knowledge on this subject when you state that "and The Mustangs of Huntingdon [sic] look to have the inside track there." You apparently haven't noticed that Westview beat Huntingdon in the jamboree and that Huntingdon is in region 7AA and Westview is region 8AA.

Okay, let me get this straight. Westview beats UC 49 to 7 in a game where the mercy rule is invoked, Westview clears the bench and is clearly trying to not run up the score and you draw the conclusion that "Westview will have to take it up a level..." Union City logic nevers ceases to amaze. Perhaps I might suggest that you worry about UC and a team that has given uo 98 points while only scoring 17 against Westview in their last 2 meetings instead of getting on a public forum and disparaging others. You further demonstrate your lack of knowledge on this subject when you state that "and The Mustangs of Huntingdon [sic] look to have the inside track there." You apparently haven't noticed that Westview beat Huntingdon in the jamboree and that Huntingdon is in region 7AA and Westview is region 8AA.

Were you at the game???? Well, for you information, it was 14 - 7 at the half and Westview was driving until the Tornados intercepted the ball and ran back to the 50 yard line from the goal line. The score in the middle of the 3rd quarter was 21 - 7 then is when the Big Line of Westview took over.

I too would be soooooo proud if I was you being a Westview fan of beating up on little ole UNion City ( Almost 3 A scholl verses a Single A school ). Don Cody plainly said Union City took it to them in the first half and their ( Westview ) bigger players worn down Union City's Defenses.

Now, I do not have the stats in front of me but I would beleive Union City had more yards in the first half than Westview as well. Union City knew going into this game they would be unlikely to win, but staying with Westview the time they did shows we can play.

For the "mercy rule", the clock started to run only around the 9 or 10 minute amrk in the 4th quarter and NO, Don ( Cody ) did not empty his bench until the 3 minute mark in the 4th quarter.

GET "YOUR" facts straight .......

Were you at the game???? Well, for you information, it was 14 - 7 at the half and Westview was driving until the Tornados intercepted the ball and ran back to the 50 yard line from the goal line. The score in the middle of the 3rd quarter was 21 - 7 then is when the Big Line of Westview took over.

I too would be soooooo proud if I was you being a Westview fan of beating up on little ole UNion City ( Almost 3 A scholl verses a Single A school ). Don Cody plainly said Union City took it to them in the first half and their ( Westview ) bigger players worn down Union City's Defenses.

Now, I do not have the stats in front of me but I would beleive Union City had more yards in the first half than Westview as well. Union City knew going into this game they would be unlikely to win, but staying with Westview the time they did shows we can play.

For the "mercy rule", the clock started to run only around the 9 or 10 minute amrk in the 4th quarter and NO, Don ( Cody ) did not empty his bench until the 3 minute mark in the 4th quarter.

GET "YOUR" facts straight .......

Facts were: Westview moved the ball at will against UC in the first half. Only reason there were not 3 TDs were turnovers by Westview. UC could not stop Westview, Westview stopped themselves. 1st game errors, via fumble and interception can hopefully be eliminated. Good luck to UC and Westview the rest of the season. Maybe these schools should not play next year since the rivalry is apparently over and the game is so lopsided.

Facts were: Westview moved the ball at will against UC in the first half. Only reason there were not 3 TDs were turnovers by Westview. UC could not stop Westview, Westview stopped themselves. 1st game errors, via fumble and interception can hopefully be eliminated. Good luck to UC and Westview the rest of the season. Maybe these schools should not play next year since the rivalry is apparently over and the game is so lopsided.

Agreed on not playing next year due to the rivalry is just not there. As for the Westview moving at will on Union City, the Fumble by #47 Griggs was caused by a good hit on him by Union City and why in the sam hill Cody threw the ball on the goal line when you have Griggs in the backfield is beyond me.

Union City had already held them once and the confidence wasn't there or something caused him to take his chances throwing instead of running.

They ( Westview ) needs a fast back to go with Griggs.

By the way, Griggs father is the Middle school coach at Union City.

There is NO Doubt, Union City is playing in the classifiaction they need to be.

Our Jr. High programs really have the Big Kids coming up and several are transferring in the Jr. High to Union City to play football and learn the system for Union City High school.

Agreed on not playing next year due to the rivalry is just not there. As for the Westview moving at will on Union City, the Fumble by #47 Griggs was caused by a good hit on him by Union City and why in the sam hill Cody threw the ball on the goal line when you have Griggs in the backfield is beyond me.

Union City had already held them once and the confidence wasn't there or something caused him to take his chances throwing instead of running.

They ( Westview ) needs a fast back to go with Griggs.

By the way, Griggs father is the Middle school coach at Union City.

There is NO Doubt, Union City is playing in the classifiaction they need to be.

Our Jr. High programs really have the Big Kids coming up and several are transferring in the Jr. High to Union City to play football and learn the system for Union City High school.

I was at the game, but saw I'm doubtful you were if you think UC didn't get their butt handed to them. End of story. I have better things to do than argue with an ignoramus who thinks a 49-7 loss is some kind of victory. By the way, his name is Coady, not Cody. Enjoy watching UC play those powerhouses South Fulton, Gleason,and Greenfield. I'm out of here.

I was at the game, but saw I'm doubtful you were if you think UC didn't get their butt handed to them. End of story. I have better things to do than argue with an ignoramus who thinks a 49-7 loss is some kind of victory. By the way, his name is Coady, not Cody. Enjoy watching UC play those powerhouses South Fulton, Gleason,and Greenfield. I'm out of here.

Just telling you the facts old BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Union City has had their fun with Westview in the past and yes I bring up the past. We use to kick your _ _ _ _ every year and I even remember the year that the coach told our coach to " Lets Play our 2nd & 3rd Stringers in the second half" because Union City beat their .........

Fact, did you know, ( Probably NOT ) that Union City has won 12 out of the last 17 meetings. yes, I know you have beat us 4 years straight but who cares. Your just scared that if we do beat you and that day will come again sooner than you want it will be like the Michigan / Apl. State game.

We belong in the Single A in fairness to our kids.

You Westview fans have not changed one bit. Jealous is the word and now I ( We ) will take our licks and eat them to.

We are not ashamed of our game Friday Night. I do know for a Fact that Cody ( Coady ) told our folks along with most everyone listening to the radio that Union City played them tough the first half.

We can take crow and eat it to but some of you folks that wear the Blue & Yellow will eat more than crow some day.

Union City can't help that they draw from six or seven little town throught the county like Westview.

Owe, by the way, how many silver balls do you have in your trophy case....hum.......thats what I thought. We don't have the Gold but have 3 Silvers in the last few years ( 2 in AA When we use to Beat your Chargers and once 2 years ago in Single A )

I don't like to talk to much trash but when a person comes back with statements ( Trash ) like yourself, I have no choice.

IF YOU DON'T LOOK AND TALK ABOUT THE PAST THEN DON'T BRING UP THE GAME LAST FRIDAY NIGHT.......IN THE PAST

Just telling you the facts old BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Union City has had their fun with Westview in the past and yes I bring up the past. We use to kick your _ _ _ _ every year and I even remember the year that the coach told our coach to " Lets Play our 2nd & 3rd Stringers in the second half" because Union City beat their .........

Fact, did you know, ( Probably NOT ) that Union City has won 12 out of the last 17 meetings. yes, I know you have beat us 4 years straight but who cares. Your just scared that if we do beat you and that day will come again sooner than you want it will be like the Michigan / Apl. State game.

We belong in the Single A in fairness to our kids.

You Westview fans have not changed one bit. Jealous is the word and now I ( We ) will take our licks and eat them to.

We are not ashamed of our game Friday Night. I do know for a Fact that Cody ( Coady ) told our folks along with most everyone listening to the radio that Union City played them tough the first half.

We can take crow and eat it to but some of you folks that wear the Blue & Yellow will eat more than crow some day.

Union City can't help that they draw from six or seven little town throught the county like Westview.

Owe, by the way, how many silver balls do you have in your trophy case....hum.......thats what I thought. We don't have the Gold but have 3 Silvers in the last few years ( 2 in AA When we use to Beat your Chargers and once 2 years ago in Single A )

I don't like to talk to much trash but when a person comes back with statements ( Trash ) like yourself, I have no choice.

IF YOU DON'T LOOK AND TALK ABOUT THE PAST THEN DON'T BRING UP THE GAME LAST FRIDAY NIGHT.......IN THE PAST

Shame! Shame! Such anger over a little fun talk. And by the way, what 4 letter word are you possibly referencing when you say "kick your ____"? And what is a "throught"? Oh (not owe), I think Westview has one silver ball but not sure about that. Maybe someone else's "throughts" would help us with that one, huh?