Bearden vs. Dobyns Bennett

db123

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the GC way. He likes to promise all 99 boys and 1 girl they will "get a look" to keep them around to make his side line look good and his civic club speeched sound great. The 14-15 boys that play the entire game cant handle the 4th qtr., too tired. There are plenty of guys that can tackle on the side line too, not arm tackle and not 5 yards off the ball. DB needs this win tonight, it could make a BIG difference for the next few games.

Do you think GC's son will be one of those 14 or 15 the next three years or will he be just one of the 99.I thank I know what your answer will be.

Do you think GC's son will be one of those 14 or 15 the next three years or will he be just one of the 99.I thank I know what your answer will be.

Hey you are full of dog crap.Why don't you go and cheer for North, that's were you need to be imposter.You are no DB fan just somebody who is mad at GC and wants to stir the pot.A few of us know who you are.

How do you go after an extra point and lose contain on the holder after a snap that should have ended it? mind boggling (pretty sure his knee was down when he got up and ran though)

Place holder isn't considered "down" on a hold. If he was, nobody would ever get a kick off. The play would always be blown dead before the kick.

Place holder isn't considered "down" on a hold. If he was, nobody would ever get a kick off. The play would always be blown dead before the kick.

Yea I heard that from a friend a while ago.Makes sense in a way.If holder raises up off of ground his knee cannot touch ground again or he is down.In news paper Halliday's knee is not on ground.It was just a great play on his part.Congrats to Bearden,you guys deserved the win in hostile territory.Good luck and hope to see you again this year.

Well I think that rule is bs. If your knee is down in football and you have possession of the ball, other than the nfl, you are down. There shouldn't be exceptions. I am sure it is possible to hold the ball without your knee being down.

What????

That's crazy.

You try holding for an extra point without kneeling.

And it happened again last night. Many arm tackles or missed tackles in the second half after a brillant first half. Many two way starters in the d-line, linebacking, and secondary corps. One LB (two way player) who played as well as I have ever seen him play in the first half missed three tackles in the second half. He never even touched the ball carrier on the misses. In the second half after dominating the LOS, the DL were making tackles 5-6 yards downfield. Yes, their were exception situations, #66 made a nice second half sack/TFL. #2 saved the Tribe's bacon on numerous occasions last night in the second half.

Offensive execution was horrible. Forget the Bearden D and the x's and o's. The coaching staffs inability to get plays called from the sideline was atrocious. How many dropped snaps were there? Why are you running out of the shotgun in short yardage? Dropped passes were down last night, but you can expect one drop from one kid every game or scrimmage. If all fails, throw passes up for grabs. 6-17 and less than one hundred yards passing again for all three games from a no huddle, shotgun offense.

Forget the football experts, the band parents were making comments last night about the ridiculous offense. The spin doctor was once again at work this morning in the paper. Perhaps, a little self assesment is in order. 1-2 for the season, and 3 of the last four games have been lost. No more than 14 points have been scored in the losses. Perhaps, it is time to run an offense to fit your personnel's capabilities. #7, #10, #15, #2, #33, and #45 are all at least good ball carriers. Visions of first and goal from the 4 and #19 on the sidelines last year are still haunting......

I feel sorry for many of the boys who have played their hearts out!!!!

And it happened again last night. Many arm tackles or missed tackles in the second half after a brillant first half. Many two way starters in the d-line, linebacking, and secondary corps. One LB (two way player) who played as well as I have ever seen him play in the first half missed three tackles in the second half. He never even touched the ball carrier on the misses. In the second half after dominating the LOS, the DL were making tackles 5-6 yards downfield. Yes, their were exception situations, #66 made a nice second half sack/TFL. #2 saved the Tribe's bacon on numerous occasions last night in the second half.

Offensive execution was horrible. Forget the Bearden D and the x's and o's. The coaching staffs inability to get plays called from the sideline was atrocious. How many dropped snaps were there? Why are you running out of the shotgun in short yardage? Dropped passes were down last night, but you can expect one drop from one kid every game or scrimmage. If all fails, throw passes up for grabs. 6-17 and less than one hundred yards passing again for all three games from a no huddle, shotgun offense.

Forget the football experts, the band parents were making comments last night about the ridiculous offense. The spin doctor was once again at work this morning in the paper. Perhaps, a little self assesment is in order. 1-2 for the season, and 3 of the last four games have been lost. No more than 14 points have been scored in the losses. Perhaps, it is time to run an offense to fit your personnel's capabilities. #7, #10, #15, #2, #33, and #45 are all at least good ball carriers. Visions of first and goal from the 4 and #19 on the sidelines last year are still haunting......

I feel sorry for many of the boys who have played their hearts out!!!!

Let's make one thing perfectly clear. IT WASN'T THE DEFENSE THAT LOST THIS GAME. Those kids played their hearts out. I wish the offense would abandon the wishbone every down. It makes no sense to run from the gun with 4th down and 1 to go. Do you have no more confidence in your offensive line than that? But it was an epic battle to watch. Congratulations to Bearden. You guys showed a lot of class.