Bearden vs. Dobyns Bennett

db123

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dobyns Bennett works hard this week and improves as much as they did this past week, they could win. However, if that doesn't happen, I expect to see a William Blount type of situation all over again. I think at least Clark will take Bearden more seriously than WB. I mean, he's said on multiple occasions that conference games are the important games vs. non-conference. I don't agree with that attitude but that's what the man says. So I suspect that given the fact that Bearden is picked to be the Beast of the conference, the team will be as well prepared as they can be. I didn't expect a surprise win at WB but was surprised by how well DB performed - at least certain players. I am somewhat anticipating a surprise for Bearden. IF, they can find some receivers that can hold onto the ball. That has to be the focus this week in practice. Or at least you'd think.

Looking forward to the game - especially being home - finally. And don't forget, a Friday night for heaven sakes!

From personal experience I know it takes a veteran team with some swagger and complete mental toughness to walk into J. Fred Johnson stadium and play well, much less win the game. I haven`t seen Bearden play, but from what I hear they have what it takes to play well up @ DB so I expect a close game.

DB by 6

I think that people are forgetting that almost everyone on Bearden's team last year was a junior. Practically the entire team is back and they lost to DB in a close one last year. DB has very few starters back this year. I say Bearden by 7.

90% chance you are correct that Bearden will win. Does seem that too many folks are overly optimistic about DB.

So, does someone from Bearden know what starters from last year are back? Or perhaps Bud knows.

If Dobyns Bennett works hard this week and improves as much as they did this past week, they could win. However, if that doesn't happen, I expect to see a William Blount type of situation all over again. I think at least Clark will take Bearden more seriously than WB. I mean, he's said on multiple occasions that conference games are the important games vs. non-conference. I don't agree with that attitude but that's what the man says. So I suspect that given the fact that Bearden is picked to be the Beast of the conference, the team will be as well prepared as they can be. I didn't expect a surprise win at WB but was surprised by how well DB performed - at least certain players. I am somewhat anticipating a surprise for Bearden. IF, they can find some receivers that can hold onto the ball. That has to be the focus this week in practice. Or at least you'd think.

Looking forward to the game - especially being home - finally. And don't forget, a Friday night for heaven sakes!

GC may have said this or that, but I came away from the WB game thanking.Man, our coaches done a good job tonight.Watson put the kids where they needed to be on defense.He has to take chances with our small defense,and sometimes we will get burnt.When we stayed back and read the play,we looked weak in the middle. When we blitz into play, we were in better shap to make the play.I just hope that WB is as good as everyone thought. You are right, We have got to catch the ball.