Bearden vs. Dobyns Bennett

db123

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called them middle of the road because they usually start good be fade toward the end of the season costing them a playoff spot or a lower seed. Also as i said before WB has had better teams than OR in the past and have come into a game favored but up until last year they hadn't beaten OR. Plus WB was picked forth in Region 2-5A out of 8 teams, in my opinion thats middle of the road.

Last year was the first time in the history of the OR / WB rivalry that William Blount would have been favored to win going into the game. Prior to that, they've always been the underdog, yet several times played Oak Ridge tough.

If you want to call them "middle of the pack" that's your option. They're 3 & O and are considered to be one of three teams that could win their region (the other two are Ooltewah and Farragut). OR and McMinn County will most likely compete for the 4th and final play-off spot.

As far as their "end of season fades" ... they have not cost them many "playoff spots." They've been in the playoffs 7 out of the last 8 years. That's pretty decent for a "middle of the road" team.

I've got to give it to Watson, he has one heck of a D. That's about the only positive comment I can make. The outcome was pretty much as expected. I just didn't expect a non-scoring affair. I saw no improvement in the offense from last week to tonite. As a side note, if Bearden gets to play William Blount at any point this year, I'm picking WB right now.

Well......I have to say my earlier prediction that DB would be 2-3 by mid season is right on schedule. However I didn't expect them to be giving teams such greff. If these guys keep working hard they could be a much better football team than what we had last year. Coach Watson has done a whale of a job with the defense. Just Awesome!

Yes the offense is lagging behind right now, but will improve. I heard more fire coming from GC in the post game interview than I have ever heard from him. A very good sign I would say. Another loss to Oak Ridge next week then the Indians go on a rampage.

I've got to give it to Watson, he has one heck of a D. That's about the only positive comment I can make. The outcome was pretty much as expected. I just didn't expect a non-scoring affair. I saw no improvement in the offense from last week to tonite. As a side note, if Bearden gets to play William Blount at any point this year, I'm picking WB right now.

Q:"what do you think about the execution of your offense?"

A: "I'm all for it."

Ouch...that was some game After witnessing this showcase along with Sevier County starting out 0-2 I'm thinking it could be a very short run for Region 1. By the way...what does the Knoxville News know about the DB program to say it is "spirallng" down? If so, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the conference.

Batten down the hatches because OR will come to town and take care of business I'm afraid

How do you go after an extra point and lose contain on the holder after a snap that should have ended it? mind boggling (pretty sure his knee was down when he got up and ran though)

Q:"what do you think about the execution of your offense?"

A: "I'm all for it."

Ouch...that was some game After witnessing this showcase along with Sevier County starting out 0-2 I'm thinking it could be a very short run for Region 1. By the way...what does the Knoxville News know about the DB program to say it is "spirallng" down? If so, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the conference.

Batten down the hatches because OR will come to town and take care of business I'm afraid

How do you go after an extra point and lose contain on the holder after a snap that should have ended it? mind boggling (pretty sure his knee was down when he got up and ran though)

To help get your tribe feathers in ruffel!

The Nashville Sports Radio station 104.5 just said that "DB plays a week E TN schedule and is good to win 6 to 8 games a year because of the schedule, however it cost them in the playoffs every year!"

I'm a DB fan so don't attack the messager!

Good luck Tribe and congrats to a hard working Bulldog program!

To help get your tribe feathers in ruffel!

The Nashville Sports Radio station 104.5 just said that "DB plays a week E TN schedule and is good to win 6 to 8 games a year because of the schedule, however it cost them in the playoffs every year!"

I'm a DB fan so don't attack the messager!

Good luck Tribe and congrats to a hard working Bulldog program!

Much truth in that statement. Part of the problem is that that D-B is a victim of their circumstances. Contributing factors include a relatively weak 5A region in the area, the disparate growth of D-B and Science Hill enrollment which has led many smaller local schools to drop or curtail scheduling them, the corresponding loss of local interest in local rivalries which have become "non-competitive", and the use of 5 school classifications in TN (at least one if not two too many, IMO). D-B did upgrade the schedule this year by scheduling W-B. They lost - sometimes that will happen when you play tougher competition.

Not to cry over the ending of the game ,but replays will show that Halliday's knee was on the ground when he picked the ball and ran it into the endzone.Missed call by the refs.But it was a good game.

Congrats to Bearden... I read the article about the game that will be in the Knoxville News Sentinel today and just by reading it and them saying botched snap or something on xp I would assume his knee was down just based on me reading the article. I am wanting to see a replay, I have also wondered though, i often see qbs knees down when they are holding the ball for a fg, why are they never called down? haha... but it still sounds like it was one heck of a game..