9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

Fulton got a W on Alcoa last year in a game Alcoa probably should have won. I seem to Remember Ben Stiller starting a thread over the winter about how WH was going to kill Alcoa. I hope someone doesn't "bump" that old thread (or was it two Ben?) to the top of the boards. It might just Tick off the Tornadoes even more. I hear that WH has some boys that like to hit. I don't know if they can hit what they can't catch. Alcoa has some speeeeed. Drive safely and be sure and check out some of the sights in Blount County while your up here. Townsend, Great Smoky Mtns. National Park, Cades Cove, Shields Stadium at MHS....(sorry about that last one)

Im gonna have to agree with you. i dont know to much about white house, but i do now that alcoa has some speed, along with some boys that like to hit. Sam Thompson would probally run through a brick wall if told to do so, and the scary thing is, he could prob. actually fun through it. that kid is athletic, and understands how to hit.Randall should be back in the secondary next week, depending on the ankle injury, and hopefully brian will be at this game. with those three, in alcoa's new cover 3 defense, the passing game will be out of the question for any tornadoe foes for the rest of the season. and the run game, well im not sure how they do are doing it, but it is obviously effective, because maryville couldnt run on them. i know maryville had some young backs that rent as good as recent years, but the O-line is always a maryville specialty, and alcoa still broke it down on the run game. Good luck to both teams

p.s. i like the shields stadium comment haha

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White House site has been updated with Portland recap, stats and season stats. An Alcoa preview will be coming Monday and I don't yet have any photos but will soon.

If anyone knows where I can get an official Alcoa roster and stats, let me know. Since they're out of region, it's not as easy.

Thanks,

bdpweb

http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football

Tim...do us all a favor... If you must mention players by name or number, keep it positive. Do not degrade players. There is no need.

And Fatcat, I believe you took the storied program comment out of context....I'm sure there are Bobcat fans that believe that program carries some of that bravado also..... I could call Sumner and Robertson county storied counties for its football. Most of the teams in our counties are always thought of as contenders for a gold ball. There are many teams that never get that type of respect. It is not arrogence. Now the thread was, but not the comment and that has been set straight.

I certainly remember plenty of bravado during the Bobcats nice run. I do not believe that was arrogence.

I don't believe what I said was 'arrogant' in any sense. I said I think WH is livin' in the past. AND I'M A WH FAN. I was 8 or 9 when we won the state title game and believe me, it was a big deal. But that was 10 friggin years ago! I would even go to say that some of the coaches are still living in 1997. It would be a shame if this team does not appear in the state title game. WH needs to wake up. Fans, players, and coaches alike. In the realm of northern middle Tennessee football, sure, we are a program with a rich history. But if WH wants to be with the likes of Alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale, etc. then they either need to wake up or get a new head coach up there. I think year in and year out, once we reach the playoffs and continue our stupid consecutive playoff steak, we get satisfied. And when you get satisfied, you start to become complacent. Look at the Maryville's and the Riverdale's.. every year, they are expected to win it all. And when I say they, I mean they as a team, not they as in the fans. The football team expects to be there and anything short of that is UNACCEPTABLE. WH has got it drilled into these guys head, 'get to the playoffs, get to the playoffs' and thats what they expect. It should be 'get to Murfreesboro, get to Murfreesboro'.. Mind you, I am a devote White House fan and want nothing more than to see them succeed, but g. d. I can't stand to watch mediocrity unfold year in and year out.

And timbdp, shut up.

White House fans. Don't be mislead by the 42-14 score in the Maryville game. The game was close until midway in the 4th quarter. Maryville also has a strong team

Randall Cobb,Troy Hodge and Sam Thompson are big time players. Brian Sommer is good also but struggled in the Maryville game.

Don't be surprised if Alcoa makes it back to Murfreesboro. Alcoa isn't quite as good as last year. But! Alcoa was by far going away the best team in 2A the last 2 years.

I don't believe what I said was 'arrogant' in any sense. I said I think WH is livin' in the past. AND I'M A WH FAN. I was 8 or 9 when we won the state title game and believe me, it was a big deal. But that was 10 friggin years ago! I would even go to say that some of the coaches are still living in 1997. It would be a shame if this team does not appear in the state title game. WH needs to wake up. Fans, players, and coaches alike. In the realm of northern middle Tennessee football, sure, we are a program with a rich history. But if WH wants to be with the likes of Alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale, etc. then they either need to wake up or get a new head coach up there. I think year in and year out, once we reach the playoffs and continue our stupid consecutive playoff steak, we get satisfied. And when you get satisfied, you start to become complacent. Look at the Maryville's and the Riverdale's.. every year, they are expected to win it all. And when I say they, I mean they as a team, not they as in the fans. The football team expects to be there and anything short of that is UNACCEPTABLE. WH has got it drilled into these guys head, 'get to the playoffs, get to the playoffs' and thats what they expect. It should be 'get to Murfreesboro, get to Murfreesboro'.. Mind you, I am a devote White House fan and want nothing more than to see them succeed, but g. d. I can't stand to watch mediocrity unfold year in and year out.

And timbdp, shut up.

your right about them living the past and that player should not playing at all

Does anyone know if this game is going to be broadcast over the internet. Usually the WH games are on their website but it was not working last week.

Josh,

I have loaded the Alcoa preview page. On there is the GameCenter link which will take you to the audio.

I get a lot of emails, calls and messages about the audio but it's really out of my control. I just post the link and I can pass along the information if it's not working, but it's operated by the Blue Devil Network and jumps to an offsite link hosted by one of their crew.

I hope they will have issues resolved. Until then, check out the site at http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football and go to http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football/gm2center2007.html for this week's game.

- bdpweb