gibson county @ milan

bulldoggfan

Postoak was highly touted as a QB coming up as a frosh and soph before Coleman transferred. He's hasn't played the position since spring but after a week of practice back at the position the passing game will be fine. Barnes will back on the line which will really help. Next week Hanson and Treadwell with both be back and Bledsoe is getting back to full strength. It hurt to start the season with a loss to Huntingdon but it may have helped as much as it helped. I expect Milan to get back to Milan ways friday night.

Yep. Milan will return to their normal ways. Schedule sets up pretty well for them (3 non region games out of the first 5) to get all of their injured players back.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's just say, a QB just getting to a new town and learning a new offensive system isn't a very reliable leader...NO! I'm not saying the QB is not good but I'll almost guarantee it'll take him awhile to learn the new Offense he is running...and now that he is hurt it'll take him even longer to learn it....who will be doing the QB spot in this weeks game ????? looking forward to see Milan playing and hopefully look forward to see them at full strength by seasons end to see how good they will be with EVERYONE playing...GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS....stay injury free!

Take him awhile to learn the system? So this fall and 3 months this summer, and even the three scrimmages Milan played wasn't enough time to learn the system? A monkey could learn Milan's offensive plays in that 6 month period of time

Take him awhile to learn the system? So this fall and 3 months this summer, and even the three scrimmages Milan played wasn't enough time to learn the system? A monkey could learn Milan's offensive plays in that 6 month period of time

You obviously have no clue because the scout defense is not real live action...and running passing routes and throwing the ball against the scout defense is not live action...three scrimmages will teach you but there is ALOT to learn if you plan on being a state champion...if you think your QB is ready to go at a Goodpasture and/or Alcoa you better let your coach know that he has an All-American QB...not bashing the QB because I know he is good from seeing him play last year against GC but just making a point...

Martin Westview experimented against Gibson Co. in 2006 and left Markei Guy out of the game when he was already back to healthy and Gibson Co. won that game 34-31...experiment some more

I emboldened the key parts of your argument for you. 'Twas Martin Westview that experimented and lost by only three points. Granted, Westview is a good team, but they aren't Milan. (Sounds cocky, I know, but that's the only way I can explain it w/o taking away from the Chargers.) I am confident that Morris is capable of lighting a fire under their tails like he did last year after the Crockett debacle and winning this game by at least two TD's, experimenting in the process.

What difference does it make who starts at QB?? From the posts last Friday, your season means nothing and has been officially cancelled. The playoffs are out of the question, your coach is a bum, you might as well get someone out of the band to command the huddle!!

First, please direct me to any post where I stated that the DAWGS would miss the playoffs. I seriously doubt that will happen. Granted, I'm no longer certain they'll win the region, but they will definitely see the post season in person.

However, I do believe that Morris's status as coach needs to be reviewed, if not completely changed. He's a "decent" coach, but anyone can be decent if given the plethora of talented players that M-town has seen during his tenure. It's just the little nuances (read: failures, disappointments, et cetera...) during his time that have me upset. Every year, it seems like there are little snafus' in the play calling, personnel placement, and game time motivation areas that make me doubt his competence. He's like the Dusty Baker of HS football. Before and after the game, he could be the best coach ever, but he always seems to slip up when it matters most: GAME TIME. Morris not only should've been able to call the plays and make the correct position maneuvers to overcome the loss of Coleman and the others, but he also should've been able to spark the DAWGS so that they could overcome a ONE POINT DEFICIT versus a sub-par Huntingdon team.

Last thing: I've had the QB situation "explained" to me. As I understand it, Bledsoe won't be starting after all. He will instead run a series or two but won't be in permanently as I first thought. (Truth be told, he hasn't even taken any snaps in practice.) Milan's season is not over. Morris & Co. will be able to get the DAWGS back on track with a win versus the Pioneers.

Guest Advisor

It amazes me how a coach who wins two state championships, never misses the playoffs, has a team that is always in contention for not only region titles but state titles, over the last 4 years has made the semi finals 3 times and the quarter finals once can even be questioned. He's good. Really good.

The ADVISOR finally hears from a level headed bulldog! Way to speak with some conviction! I have a question my BulldawgDynasty friend! I always see the Pittsburg Steeler bus sitting near the intersection of US 79 and Hwy 45W there in Bulldogville. Therefore, it seems obvious to the Advisor that this vehicle must belong to Perro_Loco731. I am confident that he is actually Bill Cowher enjoying his retirement there in Milan while becoming increasingly frustrated with the performance of the Bulldogs. Who else (other than hackinbad) would be so qualified to refer to Coach Morris as merely "decent"? Who else could notice such subtle "nuances" like personnel placements, reads, play calling, and did he say motivational speeches? The ADVISOR is amuzed by idiots who think they are in the know!! The ADVISOR played for your fearless leader and if there's one thing he knows..........it is how to have a team or an individual player mentally, emotionally, and psychologically prepared for next opponent.......no matter the time.......no matter the stakes.........no matter the sport! My BulldawgDynasty friend............does Perro_Loco731 slobber when he speaks? Ask him if he'll sign my Jerome Bettis jersey!!