gibson county @ milan

bulldoggfan

Milan 27 - GC 0

Milan controlled the ball most of the game. They did have some trouble controlling the O-line. Backs did a pretty good job of running. GC never mounted a serious threat all night. I think the game had over 20 penalties, very sloppy. Milan did not show very much positive in the passing dept. Hopefully another week of practice will help our QB. Got the win and got back on track!!!

That is always a good thing. I don't think there were any serious injuries!!!

Referees were as lost as a blind man tonight!!!!! The tackle on the kicker was NOT a face mask he grapped him on the side of the shoulder pads, the clip on Milan's sideline that was waved off WAS a clip, and the passing interference that was NOT called on Milan when our receiver was going to catch the ball WAS passing interference....Did any of you notice that the referees DID spot the ball wrong on different penalties (some of the penalties were from the spot of the ball, and others were from spot of the foul,etc..)...I did check the difference in the penalties with the stat person before I left and this was about midways through the fourth and Milan had 2 penalties on them all night and GC had around 13....Anyways I'll quit complaining because most of those penalties had very little to do with the game...Milan has some great athletes and GC just gave up the big play too many times tonight...Our defense did play decent IMO...Jake Hill ran the ball HARD for us tonight and I liked the fact that they put Antoine out at a split out a couple of times and we gave the ball to other players....CONGRATS TO MILAN!!! Good Luck next week in your game with Camden.....Gibson Co. will be hosting TCA...Good Luck to the Pioneers!!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alleged pass interference occured five yards out of bounds. When a ref waves his hand over his head it means "uncatchable pass." Milan played pretty poorly. The offense line inparticular. I thought Postoak looked alright. Overthrew Woods on a deep flag and threw a pass a little too tall for Pearson. Other than that his throws were pretty good. The pass protection was bad. It's bad when a QB can't throw a hitch pattern without being hit. Oline also allowed several balls to be batted down(or up) Williams and Gilbert made some plays when the blocking wasn't there. I was also dissapointed in the way GC played. I hate to see linemen diving at knees. Real men don't play football like that. I agree the refs were as lost as an easter egg tonight and ofcourse our clock wasn't working. The field looked great and I'm looking foward to seeing Camden come to town.

The alleged pass interference occured five yards out of bounds. When a ref waves his hand over his head it means "uncatchable pass." Milan played pretty poorly. The offense line inparticular. I thought Postoak looked alright. Overthrew Woods on a deep flag and threw a pass a little too tall for Pearson. Other than that his throws were pretty good. The pass protection was bad. It's bad when a QB can't throw a hitch pattern without being hit. Oline also allowed several balls to be batted down(or up) Williams and Gilbert made some plays when the blocking wasn't there. I was also dissapointed in the way GC played. I hate to see linemen diving at knees. Real men don't play football like that. I agree the refs were as lost as an easter egg tonight and ofcourse our clock wasn't working. The field looked great and I'm looking foward to seeing Camden come to town.

Milan did this also!!!!! a person who helps the GC team pointed it out to me during the game and they were doing the same exact thing and yes I did see it a few times from our players but you may have not seen your team doing it because it's your team but yup..

on a side note...your field looked VERY good..must say Milan does have one of the nicest and most historic fields around

Referees were as lost as a blind man tonight!!!!! The tackle on the kicker was NOT a face mask he grapped him on the side of the shoulder pads, the clip on Milan's sideline that was waved off WAS a clip, and the passing interference that was NOT called on Milan when our receiver was going to catch the ball WAS passing interference....Did any of you notice that the referees DID spot the ball wrong on different penalties (some of the penalties were from the spot of the ball, and others were from spot of the foul,etc..)...I did check the difference in the penalties with the stat person before I left and this was about midways through the fourth and Milan had 2 penalties on them all night and GC had around 13....Anyways I'll quit complaining because most of those penalties had very little to do with the game...Milan has some great athletes and GC just gave up the big play too many times tonight...Our defense did play decent IMO...Jake Hill ran the ball HARD for us tonight and I liked the fact that they put Antoine out at a split out a couple of times and we gave the ball to other players....CONGRATS TO MILAN!!! Good Luck next week in your game with Camden.....Gibson Co. will be hosting TCA...Good Luck to the Pioneers!!!!

The refs were lost. The face mask on the kicker was indeed a facemask, I'm not sure about the clip, and the pass interference would have been pass interference had both players not been 2 yards out of bounds. (you couldn't see that from the GC side of the field so i see how you would think that. They will see it on film though.) The game went alright. We played some people different than we will for most of the season and we did fine. The offensive line needs to step up. When hanson returns that will help alot. One comment I want to make is that I would love to be at GC's practice the day the coaches teach the linemen to dive on the ground in front of their man in order to trip them instead of coming off and hitting someone. It was funny once when a GC player jumped offsides and dove into the ground and nobody else moved.

I don't want to argue or beat it into the ground because it's really irrelevent since no one got hurt. But no I did not see any Milan player dive at anyones knee's. I did however get a laugh out of the D tackle diving on hard count right at Jamils feet. But thanks for the compliments on the field it's good to see what we've done to the field the last couple of years. Good luck to GC.

The refs were lost. The face mask on the kicker was indeed a facemask, I'm not sure about the clip, and the pass interference would have been pass interference had both players not been 2 yards out of bounds. (you couldn't see that from the GC side of the field so i see how you would think that. They will see it on film though.) The game went alright. We played some people different than we will for most of the season and we did fine. The offensive line needs to step up. When hanson returns that will help alot. One comment I want to make is that I would love to be at GC's practice the day the coaches teach the linemen to dive on the ground in front of their man in order to trip them instead of coming off and hitting someone. It was funny once when a GC player jumped offsides and dove into the ground and nobody else moved.

It's relevant to say about the face mask that you were more than likely on Milan's side and I was approximately 30 yards standing from where it happened....the kickers back was to the referee that through the flag and I clearly saw him grab him by the shoulder pads and pull him to the ground but we still got to block the field goal on a bad snap....1 question I want to ask for the referees.....the kicker for Milan when kicking the 35 or 45 yard FG that missed....WHY DID THE BALL GET SPOTTED ON THE 20 YARD LINE ON THE TURNOVER ON DOWNS!!!????!!!????!!?? do I just not know the rule that if a field goal is missed that its on the 20 yard line????? I thought it was from the spot of the ball on a missed FG..can anyone correct me ?

I've been hearing about all the new improvements goin on with Milan's field lately. Can anyone take some pictures of it and post them on here, or send them to me? I'm livin in Guam, so I can't quite make it to the games , so pics would be greatly appreciated.

And also, thanks for the score and the info. Sounds like Milan still has some improving to do, but I have all the confidence in the world for them. Happy to hear they played well tonight, and good luck against the Camden Lions next week. And to GC, good luck with TCA...should be a tough game for you guys, but I think you will be alright!!

I've been hearing about all the new improvements goin on with Milan's field lately. Can anyone take some pictures of it and post them on here, or send them to me? I'm livin in Guam, so I can't quite make it to the games , so pics would be greatly appreciated.

And also, thanks for the score and the info. Sounds like Milan still has some improving to do, but I have all the confidence in the world for them. Happy to hear they played well tonight, and good luck against the Camden Lions next week. And to GC, good luck with TCA...should be a tough game for you guys, but I think you will be alright!!

I'll try to run by and take some pictures tomorrow. Have you seen it since they built the new field house?

Yeah, I was there the year the new field house was built, and that really made the stadium look 10x better. And from what I'm hearing about it now, it's even better...is that right???

Give it a couple of weeks and let all of the grass get green. Also after the rain this week it will have to be repainted.

It's relevant to say about the face mask that you were more than likely on Milan's side and I was approximately 30 yards standing from where it happened....the kickers back was to the referee that through the flag and I clearly saw him grab him by the shoulder pads and pull him to the ground but we still got to block the field goal on a bad snap....1 question I want to ask for the referees.....the kicker for Milan when kicking the 35 or 45 yard FG that missed....WHY DID THE BALL GET SPOTTED ON THE 20 YARD LINE ON THE TURNOVER ON DOWNS!!!????!!!????!!?? do I just not know the rule that if a field goal is missed that its on the 20 yard line????? I thought it was from the spot of the ball on a missed FG..can anyone correct me ?

I thought spot of the ball as well. I didn't catch the mistake though, but I thought he made the field goal from 45.