Blackman at Riverdale

lastone2know

I think obviuosly blackman is better but

lc has been on a steady decline for the past several years and is no longer a premier team. They are always big and play tough d but they run a middle school offense and no longer have the athletes and speed they have had in the past where it didn't matter what they ran.

huge win pyschologically for blackman and while I think riverdale still has the talent on defense to win this game it would not shock me if they lost.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than the blackman players on this board i know i have expressed the most confidence in the offseason and early season now blackman is winning games and has some believers. so many didnt see it coming looking at the region 4 pick em i knew that game would hurt alot of people. blackman is solid and with all 4 murfreesboro teams looking good i think they will be 2nd in order behind riverdale knocking off oakland and siegel later in the year, i also think they can lock up that 4th playoff spot.

as far as the game goes, blackman will MAKE some big plays (usually i would say riverdale might give up some plays but they have the talent where it would be nearly impossible to contain them EVERY play) and get some scores but the story of the game is riverdale controlling both lines of scrimmages and defense making plays. offense is still growing and the improvement will show.

34-10 riverdale

Since 1990 Riverdale is 105-2 in Region Play. Trivia question - when were those two losses, where were they played, and what was the score?

1993 - lost to Lebanon, 6-0, at Lebanon

1995 - lost to Mt. Juliet at MTSU........can't remember the score

I was a student at MTSU during these years and watched either R'dale or Oakland every Friday.

ibleedcardinal, nice to see you posting again.

Sweep Left i always had the impression you had gone to school at oakland or something.

it was nice to see ALL region teams get a win last night that is unbelievable and makes a nice statement about our region. never like to see region teams go 0fer doesnt look like it will happen this year

Since 1990 Riverdale is 105-2 in Region Play. Trivia question - when were those two losses, where were they played, and what was the score?

Well I can't tell you what yr but I do remember who.......Lebanon beat them ( shut out) and MJ beat them ( they used to be in the region.) I remember hearing the MJ one and was going WOWWWWWWWW. Believe Dan Winfrey who is now with Crawford at Brentwood was the HC, and Coach Moose at OHS was the DC at Lebanon when they shut them out.

I actually did not see that Sweep Left already answered. As soon as I saw the question, I answered it.

actually the coaches at mt. Juliet where HC was greg mantooth, assistants OC Terry Hemontolor, Dc i believe was Harris Jacobs, OL coach was Wes Elrod, chris fryer and jerry kirby are the other coaches i can remember. Dan winfree did not come in till 97

Well I blew that one didn't I?? Isn't Hemontolor at Riverdale now? Elrod at WC. Isn't the Fryer guy the girl's bball coach that won state?