Blackman at Riverdale

lastone2know

I am going to respctfully disagree with you a little bit on this one...see this is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and the kids know RIVERDALE IS GOOD so if you take care of business early and erase any thought of them beating us we will be fine while i will admit our freshamn classes has been down RIGHT now we are very good and if i had a dollar everytime some one has told me that our time was over i could retire we have the skill to achieve our goals and we have the personnel my only concern is the wing T which everyone on here knows how i feel about that. We had the tools last year and we have them again this year. Think about it our least atheltic back is getting about 7 yards a pop just by going straight to the line what if lee or mccalin was doing that too

As far as 2P and our "team" thing and not a one man show...that is media when you are a top team we like are and the line allows the backs to get the yards he does then those awards are gonna come same with defensive awards. running a pro set or a I set doesnt make it a one man show but it does allow your backt o get to the line in 3 yards instead of 5-7 yards

hey riverdaleman...i agree with alot of what you say...the kids at riverdale have a great winning mindset because of years of dominance and most people know how important the mindset is...especially in high school...this will win them games

i also agree that the wing T is a concern...especially when you can't throw well...and i don't think riaverdale has the recievers this year or the throwing qb to throw well...and last year they had both when they needed to and probably would have won a state championship last year if they would have let thomas throw the ball 10 times in the game with the bulldogs (correct me if i am wrong...but i don't think they threw one pass in that game...or maybe one)...last year when they needed to loosen up the 8 men in the box to stop the run...they could do it and burn you BAD...this kept people honest and made the run game shine...and...thomas was a magician at the QB position...i played with scott's dad in college (dave senior) so i have been a big fan of scotts and RHS while the thomas boys were there

also agree that the freshmen classes are down...as of the last few years

you also have a great coach...not just a good one...and he will get more out of the guys than what he has to work with everytime and everyday

my post was really not a poke at riverdale...it was really a post about parity in our region...and therefore riverdale ...in my humble (really mean that) opinion will not be able to get up by 30 or 40 at the half and then pull the starters mid-way through the 3rd quarter ...i also was responding to a poster who had said just that...that riverdale needed to get back to slapping people around the first half...etc..etc..etc

they will have to work for wins (and they will get their share of them) but a change of expectation...because of the parity in the region...would serve well the loyal but passionate fans of RHS...

good luck the rest of the way...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey riverdaleman...i agree with alot of what you say...the kids at riverdale have a great winning mindset because of years of dominance and most people know how important the mindset is...especially in high school...this will win them games

i also agree that the wing T is a concern...especially when you can't throw well...and i don't think riaverdale has the recievers this year or the throwing qb to throw well...and last year they had both when they needed to and probably would have won a state championship last year if they would have let thomas throw the ball 10 times in the game with the bulldogs (correct me if i am wrong...but i don't think they threw one pass in that game...or maybe one)...last year when they needed to loosen up the 8 men in the box to stop the run...they could do it and burn you BAD...this kept people honest and made the run game shine...and...thomas was a magician at the QB position...i played with scott's dad in college (dave senior) so i have been a big fan of scotts and RHS while the thomas boys were there

also agree that the freshmen classes are down...as of the last few years

you also have a great coach...not just a good one...and he will get more out of the guys than what he has to work with everytime and everyday

my post was really not a poke at riverdale...it was really a post about parity in our region...and therefore riverdale ...in my humble (really mean that) opinion will not be able to get up by 30 or 40 at the half and then pull the starters mid-way through the 3rd quarter ...i also was responding to a poster who had said just that...that riverdale needed to get back to slapping people around the first half...etc..etc..etc

they will have to work for wins (and they will get their share of them) but a change of expectation...because of the parity in the region...would serve well the loyal but passionate fans of RHS...

good luck the rest of the way...

I agree with a lot fo your post BUT we have ALWAYS WORKED FOR THE WINS and they always knew that we had to jump on them quick to get them last year against smyrna in the first game we jumped on them and they knew it was same ol RIVERDALE so they was done which is why we beat them so badly then in the second game they stayed with us made a goal line stand and then all the i believe stuff happens but i do agree with you

I am also not saying coach A is a bad coach he is a good coach and i showed examples of that about how our penalties are down and we are disciplined he has taken on a tough job with very high expectations. The only thing i dont like is the wing T he has done a great job of coaching the kids the offense they run it very good and they execute it very good and the defense executes great so he is doing a GREAT JOB OF COACHING!!!!! I hope people dont think i am anti coach A i am not i think he has done some good coaching with the exception of mccallie lol...In the smyrna game we beat them everywhere but the place it counts the most...the scoreboard so coach is is a really good coach