Blackman at Riverdale

lastone2know

these days are over for riverdale...many of your own people (last night) were saying that riverdale is no where near number 1 in the state...ranked simply because of tradition...

riverdale will be EXTREMELY lucky if the do NOT lose 2 region games this year alone...

dead are those days, maybe. ALIVE our the days of ball control and defensive DOMINATION. thats good enough for me. i was at the louisville/MTSU game thursday and i am sure most everyone but their QB Brohm (wanting to boost his stats for heisman) would have rather them won 16-0 than 58-42. long as defensive handles their job offensive can do whatever and im fine with it (besides turning ball over). the game versus antioch proves no problem on offense tho put up 28 and had 3 TD's (all over 40 yards i believe) called back. we were just a little slow last night

actually region 4 will be EXTREMELY lucky if riverdale loses 2 region games in the next 3 years...after all whats our streak? like 78 i believe

lastone2know, us riverdale fans have HIGH expectations dont we? lol. your right tho we still played pretty intense but not by our standards

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why all the good young receivers should go to Smyrna, LaVergne, or Blackman or any other spread team. They put 4 WRs on the field every play.

I noticed at the game, riverdale split #35 out wide...he looked more like a full back and was lined up at Wr to block...if i was a receiver at riverdale i would transfer NOW...

Cmon be smart if you want play go somewhere where you are appreciated..or if you just want to sit the bench.stay

why trasfer when you start on a good football team but 35 is chris murphy and a good football player

why tranfers is true....riverdale is passing so we do need some receivers.... so they don't pass 12 times a game evidently its not needed to win when your o-line can make holes for the backs. but i'm sure when the time comes & a passing call is needed coachA will call on it & this QB sure he had a tough passing night last night but he has pulled through with passes in previous games so i'm sure he will pull it out when its needed.

Bdogg you talk out of both sides of your face. You said the team is not effective this year because we are missing one player then you say football is a team sport. Which is it? If your QB would have broken his hand last night would Smyrna have one another game this year? We all know that Smyrna is a two man team. They only had 77 yards rushing last night and that is set up by the passing. Doyou think Smyrna could challenge to win the region without Sonny? I would agree that Riverdale is far from being a great team but I belive they are playing more as a team than Smyrna because they do not have to depend on one or two players this year. Last year when the one player we depended on was hurt we could not score. I like our chances a little better this year because we are not as dependent on one player. As you say, championships are not given out after three games. As our offense gets its timing down we will be a much better team. The offense looked much better last night, though only scoring two TD's. The defense is as good as any in the state. This is a true team in the ultimate team sport.

You got me there. All I was trying to say was in the Wing-T offense, you have to have exceptional running backs to be effective, especially if you do not throw the ball. This is not 4A metro ball. Every team in our Region are quality, and have good coaching.

yes, i did. you know that and my name, dont know why you are asking. trey proved he is very capible at QB last night, but the fact is is that we dont have to have our QB play the same role as thomas does.

thats why i think its HILARIOUS you said we dont have the backs cause its SO opposite...Jeremy McClain, Josh Vanhoose, Joey Lee, Aaron Ebalarosa, Paul Boykin. i'll take any one of them over ANY of your smyrna boys, and the great thing is that we have more nobody has even seen yet Dequinton Sherrill is a really good one that hasnt made it on the field yet.

why pass the ball though when your run game is as solid as ours? that was part of YOUR own theory (my bad rankins). its a shame to see you deny our program and our players who you are very familiar with. me and alot of others at riverdale still have shown support for you despite you being at the biggest rival school. but yeah i know your upset thought you were jumping to greener pastures but caught an L already. i forgive.

the other ironic thing is SMYRNA trying to tell us football is a team sport, not an individual. you could right a book off this stuff LOL

I really do not know who you think I am, but I have never coached football. I am just a fan. I am not trying to say that any young athlete is better than the other. All I am saying is Thomas accounted for most of your offense last year. Riverdale is too one demensional. This is not 4A metro ball. This is Region 4 5A, where every team is has ability.

You got me there. All I was trying to say was in the Wing-T offense, you have to have exceptional running backs to be effective, especially if you do not throw the ball. This is not 4A metro ball. Every team in our Region are quality, and have good coaching.

oh my gosh i think we actually agree...for once you spoke the truth to have a successful wing-t offense you have to have exceptional running backs...& that we do...yes running backs (that is plural for more than one) but we can also throw .. sure we didn't last night but heck we didn't need to in order to win.. but we have a team made up of more than one or two stand alone good players there are several along w/ GREAT coaching is a winning combination!!

I really do not know who you think I am, but I have never coached football. I am just a fan. I am not trying to say that any young athlete is better than the other. All I am saying is Thomas accounted for most of your offense last year. Riverdale is too one demensional. This is not 4A metro ball. This is Region 4 5A, where every team is has ability.

Yeah just keep on taking those subtle digs at CoachA ....

I don't know about anyone else but it is refeshing to not see the superstar approach alive and well at Riverdale. I think they are being coached as if everyone is equal on the team. That makes it a TEAM instead of everyone feeling like just the surrounding cast and crew.

Yeah just keep on taking those subtle digs at CoachA ....

I don't know about anyone else but it is refeshing to not see the superstar approach alive and well at Riverdale. I think they are being coached as if everyone is equal on the team. That makes it a TEAM instead of everyone feeling like just the surrounding cast and crew.

As I have said many times before, I really don't know who you think I am, but you are wrong. I don't know coach A personally, but I hear that he is a great guy. The only thing that I am saying, and it is just one persons opion, is that his offense approach, has its limitations.

riverdale is a better team than blackman in 2007...no doubt

riverdale has had an incredible run at high school football greatness

great program...well coached...Coach A is the real deal...i could honestly go on and on...

but...the days of "slapping people in the mouths...getting up on them quick and beating them by 40 at half time and erasing any doubt of a comeback...and being far superior than other teams" ...THESE ARE YOUR WORDS

these days are over for riverdale...many of your own people (last night) were saying that riverdale is no where near number 1 in the state...ranked simply because of tradition...

the talent level is down...they have had 3 bad freshmen classes in a row...the talent is much more equal over the region because of the growth in the county...riverdale does not have the skill guys they have had before...lee and mclain and smith are solid and good players...but are not gaston, thomas...thomas...butler...hunter...worthington...etc...you will see this more next year

riverdale will be EXTREMELY lucky if the do NOT lose 2 region games this year alone...

Parity is the word of the day for much of region 4-5A...this year and over the next few...every game will be a battle...The one school dominant team year in and year out is over for a while

I am going to respctfully disagree with you a little bit on this one...see this is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and the kids know RIVERDALE IS GOOD so if you take care of business early and erase any thought of them beating us we will be fine while i will admit our freshamn classes has been down RIGHT now we are very good and if i had a dollar everytime some one has told me that our time was over i could retire we have the skill to achieve our goals and we have the personnel my only concern is the wing T which everyone on here knows how i feel about that. We had the tools last year and we have them again this year. Think about it our least atheltic back is getting about 7 yards a pop just by going straight to the line what if lee or mccalin was doing that too

As far as 2P and our "team" thing and not a one man show...that is media when you are a top team we like are and the line allows the backs to get the yards he does then those awards are gonna come same with defensive awards. running a pro set or a I set doesnt make it a one man show but it does allow your backt o get to the line in 3 yards instead of 5-7 yards