Blackman at Riverdale

lastone2know

I think obviuosly blackman is better but

lc has been on a steady decline for the past several years and is no longer a premier team. They are always big and play tough d but they run a middle school offense and no longer have the athletes and speed they have had in the past where it didn't matter what they ran.

huge win pyschologically for blackman and while I think riverdale still has the talent on defense to win this game it would not shock me if they lost.

first off id just like to say we have been on the decline but if i am not mistaken lincoln county was the last team to beat riverdale at home ?? and sercond i say the game between blackman and riverdale will be a war blackman has alot of speed i havent seen riverdale yet but i am to going out on that limb and going to say blackman will prevail 21 to 17 go blaze

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off id just like to say we have been on the decline but if i am not mistaken lincoln county was the last team to beat riverdale at home ?? and sercond i say the game between blackman and riverdale will be a war blackman has alot of speed i havent seen riverdale yet but i am to going out on that limb and going to say blackman will prevail 21 to 17 go blaze

we have scrimmaged lc and played them in the playoffs the past few years and as somone who has seen lc play numerous times over the years there is little doubt they are down talent wise right now.

the decline seems to began after edmison (sp?) last year.

they just dont seem to have the overall team speed

always good on d especially d line but offensively way to vanilla

but hey it runs in cycles a couple good classes and they will be right back

I think riverdale will probably win but would not be suprised if they lost

This game will tell the tale about both schools I believe. I think we were lucky to catch Riverdale in early season myself. Everyone knows they gel as they go along. That happens when a team is used to going deep into the post-season every yr. It will tell us if Blackman is the real deal or not, and if Riverdale really is starting to decline some. I say GOOOOO Warriors!

a few days ago i was like the one of the onlys who had confidence in blackman (they had however earned HsSportsFootball's respect however), now EVERYONES on the bandwagon and they are going to beat riverdale lol. blackman will make some plays but not enough to come within 2 TDs of riverdale

a few days ago i was like the one of the onlys who had confidence in blackman (they had however earned HsSportsFootball's respect however), now EVERYONES on the bandwagon and they are going to beat riverdale lol. blackman will make some plays but not enough to come within 2 TDs of riverdale

Actually Tdntn, TDCman picked them awhile back to make the playoffs at #4. You are right, you have had confidence in them a pretty long while. I am not on their bandwagon even though I know it is hard to win in the Pit, so I give them credit. Talk to some LC fans who were already dismal about this season they were already expecting to lose. Add in losing your starter at QB early in the game can only add to the misery. Blackman played a ton better at the end of the season last yr than at the beginning. So not so hard to think they could pick up at that point with practically everyone that started a yr older. It only makes sense.The Lavergne game.....well Lavergne threw up 52 on them last yr, and truthfully I think they were thinking it would be an easy win this yr and were looking ahead . Then Blackman was able to make their strike but wasn't able to preserve a win.

Now b/f you think I am discrediting Blackman, I am not. You have to appreciate what it took after the emotional loss to Lavergne to travel to the PIT and pitch a shut-out. I think you will see LC with several losses this yr. But one non-region win does not make a playoff team. It is a good start though to build on. We sure know that ourselves at Oakland.

We've played Lincoln County all 3 years of my varsity football and we built up a pretty big summer rivalry. This past year I could tell that the talent is definately not like it was.

I expected Blackman to win, and i hope they can get an upset over Riverdale. I hope.

Geez, I wonder why.....b/c yall already beat them. hahahahaahha......don't blame you man. That is why I want RHS to beat them..... to help us out.