Blackman at Riverdale

lastone2know

Yes Alsup took the blaze down to the Pit and won in 2001 as well as blowing out the Falcons the next year at BHS. Alsup has done many things for high school football in this town and the record shows in the win column and with the men's lives he has shaped over the years. So Bhsblaze09 that makes it 3 wins against LC.

why is it everyone is worried bot how many times the beat lc are they so good that it is such an accomplishment to beat them????? have to say they rebounded nicely tonight lc 56 cumberland county 0

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale won 13-0. We've got a lot of problems. Good job by the defense.

I'll take our 3 - 0 problems with two region shutouts over anyone right now. We have arguably the best region in the state and to be 2 - 0 in the region with two shutouts puts us in the drivers seat. I will agree we have some issues on offense but not a lot of problems. The offense still is out of sync but I would not call it a lot of problems. We had two drives ended tonight on fumbles that looked like they were headed fo the endzone. This game was not as close as the score. Blackman only threatened to score once. Our 3 - 0 problems are not as bad as the two person team's problem north of us.

I'll take our 3 - 0 problems with two region shutouts over anyone right now. We have arguably the best region in the state and to be 2 - 0 in the region with two shutouts puts us in the drivers seat. I will agree we have some issues on offense but not a lot of problems. The offense still is out of sync but I would not call it a lot of problems. We had two drives ended tonight on fumbles that looked like they were headed fo the endzone. This game was not as close as the score. Blackman only threatened to score once. Our 3 - 0 problems are not as bad as the two person team's problem north of us.

Riverdale D played a great game. Looks like Lee and McClain are still not 100%. They did not have many carries tonight. Also not having Boykin hurt some. I did like Smiths run on his TD. hopefully he will start carry it more like Thomas did last year. They are not dominating like they have in years past but winning none the less.

i think riverdale has gotten a little to comfortable at home and we have 2 more home games in a row. shouldnt be too hard to turn that around tho against LC.

offense had decent execution it was just no intensity what so ever it looks like. i will give #78 Travis Lilienthal his credit for bringing 110% every play tho on offense, he's a beast and really hope he can earn himself a nice scholarship this year. treys deep TD was really nice and vanhoose had some descent carries. would LOVE to have had a larger victory but wouldnt say i am worried at all, it will take care of itself though.

i wish coach collins was still at riverdale to talk some FIRE into the boys at half time tho, that itself would have made a difference in the intensity level.

defensively, missing boykin but it hasnt hurt us too bad obviously. he's just a guy i cant wait for us to have back out there as he is a PLAYMAKER and gets to the ball. tyler finch has stepped up admirably in his absence tho.

cant believe mauricio, smith, or bowers didnt really break out once on us...something to be VERY proud of. congradulations to my boy brandon strahan on a very nice diving reception. glad to be done with blackman because now i can go back to supporting them (2nd favorite team) instead of bashing them lol.

early whistle from the ref cost us a fumble recovery tonight

I am proud of our guys tonight I thought i line blocked REALLY GOOD TONIGHT you can tell by the runs up the gut with probably our least talented back getting almost 7 yards a carry Vanhoose is a great role player who has worked his tail off to get on the feild and has given everything he has and that is what make RIVERDALE so GREAT we have a lot of kids like that BUT what if joey lee could ge tthe ball without running 5-10 yards to get to the line of scrimmage? We beat them 13-0 but how easy is it in high school football to get 2 big plays and all of a sudden we lose the game? we have got to find away to get the ball in the endzone and finish drives we need more quick hitters with our playmakers (joey lee and mcclain )carrying the ball so they can make that 20 yard run a TD! If blackman makes the playoffs and we play them again they will know that they can stay on the feild with us because of the 13-0 score and that lilttle bit of confidence can bite you in the butt(see riverdale oakland in 98 and oakland score a TD with little time left..that became enought ot let oakland know they can play with us and then beat us)we have got to learn to get our swagger back and slap people in the mouths and get up on them QUICK and erase any thought that the opponent can beat us. we are a far superior team than blackman and its ashame that more players didnt get to play in a game like this should have been...that has been a big part of our success is that we get big leads and lots of players play so that when it comes time for them to shine in a year or two its not their first time on the feild. Practice is good expericne but there is nothing like the game experince that so many of our guys have gotten...so we need to get that killer instinct back

OUR DEFENSE doesnt look like it has missed a beat...they do a great job of flying to the football and not missing many tackles (missed a few tonight but overall a great job) seems like it takes a series or 2 to get going and then after that its on

so here is the last thing i want to point out...we beat oakland which is great we beat blackman which is great and we beat antioch BUT LAVERGNE BEAT OAKLAND AND LEBANON BEAT SMYRNA so our district is gonn abe tough and we are gonna have to hit these guys in the mouth EARLY and let them know its the same ol RIVERDALE

GO WARRIORS

i think riverdale has gotten a little to comfortable at home and we have 2 more home games in a row. shouldnt be too hard to turn that around tho against LC.

offense had decent execution it was just no intensity what so ever it looks like. i will give #78 Travis Lilienthal his credit for bringing 110% every play tho on offense, he's a beast and really hope he can earn himself a nice scholarship this year. treys deep TD was really nice and vanhoose had some descent carries. would LOVE to have had a larger victory but wouldnt say i am worried at all, it will take care of itself though.

i wish coach collins was still at riverdale to talk some FIRE into the boys at half time tho, that itself would have made a difference in the intensity level.

defensively, missing boykin but it hasnt hurt us too bad obviously. he's just a guy i cant wait for us to have back out there as he is a PLAYMAKER and gets to the ball. tyler finch has stepped up admirably in his absence tho.

cant believe mauricio, smith, or bowers didnt really break out once on us...something to be VERY proud of. congradulations to my boy brandon strahan on a very nice diving reception. glad to be done with blackman because now i can go back to supporting them (2nd favorite team) instead of bashing them lol.

early whistle from the ref cost us a fumble recovery tonight

Did you ever play football at Riverdale? You seem to know so much, yet so little. Face facts you do not have Scott Thomas anymore. What made you an effective team last year was Thomas. I will give you credit that you do have a pretty good offensive line, but you do not have the backs. I will not get started with you inablity to effectively pass the ball. As for Lilienthal, he is a decent o-lineman, but his future at the next level is limited. Footall is a team sport, not an individual sport. Riverdale is a good team, but it is far from being a great team. Do I think Smyrna is a great team, no not at this time, but championships are not given out after 3 games have played.

I am proud of our guys tonight I thought i line blocked REALLY GOOD TONIGHT you can tell by the runs up the gut with probably our least talented back getting almost 7 yards a carry Vanhoose is a great role player who has worked his tail off to get on the feild and has given everything he has and that is what make RIVERDALE so GREAT we have a lot of kids like that BUT what if joey lee could ge tthe ball without running 5-10 yards to get to the line of scrimmage? We beat them 13-0 but how easy is it in high school football to get 2 big plays and all of a sudden we lose the game? we have got to find away to get the ball in the endzone and finish drives we need more quick hitters with our playmakers (joey lee and mcclain )carrying the ball so they can make that 20 yard run a TD! If blackman makes the playoffs and we play them again they will know that they can stay on the feild with us because of the 13-0 score and that lilttle bit of confidence can bite you in the butt(see riverdale oakland in 98 and oakland score a TD with little time left..that became enought ot let oakland know they can play with us and then beat us)we have got to learn to get our swagger back and slap people in the mouths and get up on them QUICK and erase any thought that the opponent can beat us. we are a far superior team than blackman and its ashame that more players didnt get to play in a game like this should have been...that has been a big part of our success is that we get big leads and lots of players play so that when it comes time for them to shine in a year or two its not their first time on the feild. Practice is good expericne but there is nothing like the game experince that so many of our guys have gotten...so we need to get that killer instinct back

OUR DEFENSE doesnt look like it has missed a beat...they do a great job of flying to the football and not missing many tackles (missed a few tonight but overall a great job) seems like it takes a series or 2 to get going and then after that its on

so here is the last thing i want to point out...we beat oakland which is great we beat blackman which is great and we beat antioch BUT LAVERGNE BEAT OAKLAND AND LEBANON BEAT SMYRNA so our district is gonn abe tough and we are gonna have to hit these guys in the mouth EARLY and let them know its the same ol RIVERDALE

GO WARRIORS

riverdale is a better team than blackman in 2007...no doubt

riverdale has had an incredible run at high school football greatness

great program...well coached...Coach A is the real deal...i could honestly go on and on...

but...the days of "slapping people in the mouths...getting up on them quick and beating them by 40 at half time and erasing any doubt of a comeback...and being far superior than other teams" ...THESE ARE YOUR WORDS

these days are over for riverdale...many of your own people (last night) were saying that riverdale is no where near number 1 in the state...ranked simply because of tradition...

the talent level is down...they have had 3 bad freshmen classes in a row...the talent is much more equal over the region because of the growth in the county...riverdale does not have the skill guys they have had before...lee and mclain and smith are solid and good players...but are not gaston, thomas...thomas...butler...hunter...worthington...etc...you will see this more next year

riverdale will be EXTREMELY lucky if the do NOT lose 2 region games this year alone...

Parity is the word of the day for much of region 4-5A...this year and over the next few...every game will be a battle...The one school dominant team year in and year out is over for a while

Bdogg you talk out of both sides of your face. You said the team is not effective this year because we are missing one player then you say football is a team sport. Which is it? If your QB would have broken his hand last night would Smyrna have one another game this year? We all know that Smyrna is a two man team. They only had 77 yards rushing last night and that is set up by the passing. Doyou think Smyrna could challenge to win the region without Sonny? I would agree that Riverdale is far from being a great team but I belive they are playing more as a team than Smyrna because they do not have to depend on one or two players this year. Last year when the one player we depended on was hurt we could not score. I like our chances a little better this year because we are not as dependent on one player. As you say, championships are not given out after three games. As our offense gets its timing down we will be a much better team. The offense looked much better last night, though only scoring two TD's. The defense is as good as any in the state. This is a true team in the ultimate team sport.

i can not believe that some of you riverdale "fans" are saying that the intensity is not there this year...i guess i was at different game... bc where i was sitting it was diffently there. You cld feel it coming off the field. The players were trying to get the crowd pumped up @ some points bc the crowd was not as into it as they cld have been. The crowd cld help out. but the players are intense. Also...there were some missed tackles on the defense...several... we need to work on that or a team will take that weakness & run all over it. Caleb really stepped up (nice job) but some of their runs & pass plays wld go through 2-3 defenders b4 getting stopped...that is not riverdale d-fense. the o-line was making some great holes for vanhoose to run through (nice job) great to have a variety to turn too. Great job Warriors!! thanks for another win!!

Did you ever play football at Riverdale? You seem to know so much, yet so little. Face facts you do not have Scott Thomas anymore. What made you an effective team last year was Thomas. I will give you credit that you do have a pretty good offensive line, but you do not have the backs. I will not get started with you inablity to effectively pass the ball. As for Lilienthal, he is a decent o-lineman, but his future at the next level is limited. Footall is a team sport, not an individual sport. Riverdale is a good team, but it is far from being a great team. Do I think Smyrna is a great team, no not at this time, but championships are not given out after 3 games have played.

yes, i did. you know that and my name, dont know why you are asking. trey proved he is very capible at QB last night, but the fact is is that we dont have to have our QB play the same role as thomas does.

thats why i think its HILARIOUS you said we dont have the backs cause its SO opposite...Jeremy McClain, Josh Vanhoose, Joey Lee, Aaron Ebalarosa, Paul Boykin. i'll take any one of them over ANY of your smyrna boys, and the great thing is that we have more nobody has even seen yet Dequinton Sherrill is a really good one that hasnt made it on the field yet.

why pass the ball though when your run game is as solid as ours? that was part of YOUR own theory (my bad rankins). its a shame to see you deny our program and our players who you are very familiar with. me and alot of others at riverdale still have shown support for you despite you being at the biggest rival school. but yeah i know your upset thought you were jumping to greener pastures but caught an L already. i forgive.

the other ironic thing is SMYRNA trying to tell us football is a team sport, not an individual. you could right a book off this stuff LOL

why pass the ball though when your run game is as solid as ours?

Thats why all the good young receivers should go to Smyrna, LaVergne, or Blackman or any other spread team. They put 4 WRs on the field every play.

I noticed at the game, riverdale split #35 out wide...he looked more like a full back and was lined up at Wr to block...if i was a receiver at riverdale i would transfer NOW...

Cmon be smart if you want play go somewhere where you are appreciated..or if you just want to sit the bench.stay