Daniel Boone vs. Greeneville

formerblazer

I think for most of us in the Blazer Nation is the Obvious Lack of Respect that our boys receive. Year after year we hear people referring to players of the year before being gone so Boone doesn't have it anymore. And I'm sure the rest of the Blazer fans are tired of it as much as I am. Early part of the week it was clear that Most of the Greeneville fans had very little respect for Boone. While I am impressed that some have returned to yield some kudos, many have chosen to be silent. The funny thing is we will be the underdog again at least 5-6 more times this season, and of course Today's silent majority will return next season to insist that Boone doesn't have a chance in the week preceeding the game.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for most of us in the Blazer Nation is the Obvious Lack of Respect that our boys receive. Year after year we hear people referring to players of the year before being gone so Boone doesn't have it anymore. And I'm sure the rest of the Blazer fans are tired of it as much as I am. Early part of the week it was clear that Most of the Greeneville fans had very little respect for Boone. While I am impressed that some have returned to yield some kudos, many have chosen to be silent. The funny thing is we will be the underdog again at least 5-6 more times this season, and of course Today's silent majority will return next season to insist that Boone doesn't have a chance in the week preceeding the game.

Let them say what they will. The Boone boy will never get any respect. The Boone boy will be looked down upon year after year, because people in this area have it in their head that it is "just Boone."

This isn't the 80's or early 90's. This isn't 96 when we went 0-10. This isn't some team thrown together at the last minute. This is a team that has learned from the past and working toward a future for next year and on.

Let the papers and fans from other teams all claim that it will be a blow out. Claim that Boone doesn't have the pull. That's fine. The boys on the team read the papers and know what people say on this site. They keep quiet and use it to motivate them towards a W. So keep with the chat, it's who we are. Let everyone always underestimate Boone so we can always surprise you.

yeah i know we didn't kick anything greeneville that is we had the ball early in the 1st on the twenty and it was like 4 and 8 why do u go for that its not been there all year allow ur kicker the chance b/c u never know when the score will be 21-21 in the 4th with the win on his hands thats my problem and our offense is not fun to watch except that drive late but of course it ends with an interception and the offensive coordinator this isn't the same one that coached the 02-03 seasons where are u at coach get these guys hyped to play i know its in ya they need that fire u had back then put there *** in gear

Haven't heard from wasqbnowcoach since yesterday. Are you one of those people who won't give any credit?

I'm kidding of course, but see how sometimes what you say before the game sounds silly after the game?

Like I said, were the Devils that bad, or was it because Boone executed a good game plan? "Well if we would have done this and done that we would have won," DUH! Anybody can second guess after a loss.

Sorry, guess I'm a sore winner.

I dont think ether team played that good of an game. Greeneville's D could not stop 7 an the devils WR could not catch a cold in a snow storm. Boone had to call time outs on more then one occasion because players were in the wrong spot an what not, an they had alot of penalty's. In my opinion both teams did not play on all cylinders but Boone was playing better. like i said good game an congrats

I dont think ether team played that good of an game. Greeneville's D could not stop 7 an the devils WR could not catch a cold in a snow storm. Boone had to call time outs on more then one occasion because players were in the wrong spot an what not, an they had alot of penalty's. In my opinion both teams did not play on all cylinders but Boone was playing better. like i said good game an congrats

I don't know which game you were watching. As far as penalty's, three offsides. Greeneville got the worst penalty when they literally tackled a reciever down in the red zone.

Boone did what they had to do, Greeneville couldn't capitalize on chances. That was all there was to the game, don't sit there and say Greeneville played badly, it was two tough teams and the better one came out on this given night. You can't stick four 200 lbs defensive linemen against Boone and expect not to get run over.

Greenville is going to spank that A. 49-7.

Barb and Bucdaddio...I've spent the last 40 hours or so cleaning egg off my face. As soon as I get one cleaned off...wham there would come another one. It actually just stopped. 49 of them suckers. Man, it's a good thing I'm not a 'Devil fan (at least by birth) or I would have to have consumed some of that discusting "Devil Bird". Whew...how lucky can one man be. Barb, hip replacement? Maybe you should have just told me you had two warts on the end of your nose. That part would have been easier to believe...HA! Just kidding! Really, 'cmon now. Anyway, what in Hades happened? I was sure Greenville was destined for greatness this year. And 'Boone (not DB for you wannabe Trailblazer fans) wow! I mean...just wow! I'm a bit sceered now. At any rate, my condolences to Greenville. When is the funeral? And 'Boone...it means I actually got to take my hat off to you! As bad as it hurts...here goes...con...caugh, caugh...con...wha chu, wha chu...con...grat...ahem...CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's it...it tastes like Paragoric...never again...never...discusting!!! Allright, I said it...but I didn't like it. You better not cross the county line either...or my dog will bite your dog. And your red is almost orange...what's up with that? Have a good day in that "PLACE" between Johnson City and Kingsport. And I hope you win some more 4H contests.

I don't know which game you were watching. As far as penalty's, three offsides. Greeneville got the worst penalty when they literally tackled a reciever down in the red zone.

Boone did what they had to do, Greeneville couldn't capitalize on chances. That was all there was to the game, don't sit there and say Greeneville played badly, it was two tough teams and the better one came out on this given night. You can't stick four 200 lbs defensive linemen against Boone and expect not to get run over.

compared to the Jeff co game the devils played bad so since you didn't see the Jeff co game then you dont know how good the devils can play. like i said i dont think both teams were playing at 100%, would it make you feel better if i said Boone was playing a mistake free game?

compared to the Jeff co game the devils played bad so since you didn't see the Jeff co game then you dont know how good the devils can play. like i said i dont think both teams were playing at 100%, would it make you feel better if i said Boone was playing a mistake free game?

Nope. But don't sit there and say "Greeneville is the better team, we just didn't show up" that sounds like it was a fluke.

Barb and Bucdaddio...I've spent the last 40 hours or so cleaning egg off my face. As soon as I get one cleaned off...wham there would come another one. It actually just stopped. 49 of them suckers. Man, it's a good thing I'm not a 'Devil fan (at least by birth) or I would have to have consumed some of that discusting "Devil Bird". Whew...how lucky can one man be. Barb, hip replacement? Maybe you should have just told me you had two warts on the end of your nose. That part would have been easier to believe...HA! Just kidding! Really, 'cmon now. Anyway, what in Hades happened? I was sure Greenville was destined for greatness this year. And 'Boone (not DB for you wannabe Trailblazer fans) wow! I mean...just wow! I'm a bit sceered now. At any rate, my condolences to Greenville. When is the funeral? And 'Boone...it means I actually got to take my hat off to you! As bad as it hurts...here goes...con...caugh, caugh...con...wha chu, wha chu...con...grat...ahem...CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's it...it tastes like Paragoric...never again...never...discusting!!! Allright, I said it...but I didn't like it. You better not cross the county line either...or my dog will bite your dog. And your red is almost orange...what's up with that? Have a good day in that "PLACE" between Johnson City and Kingsport. And I hope you win some more 4H contests.

Haha we'll see you in what.......3 weeks? Boone gets to travel the next two weeks, but will be back in Gray to play South.

Until then, Central this week, nothing is said until then

Nobody was playing mistake free, of course. It is early in the season, though.

The only point thet bothers me, and I think, formerblazer, is that when we win and you lose, you have to make it sound like it was because you guys played bad. It is the goal of our defense to make your offense look bad, is it not?

So what is the difference between Boone played good, and we played bad? Perspective, I guess. From where we sit, Boone's defense stopped your offense. Just man up and say that instead of saying you played terrible.

I promise that when we lose, and we will, I will admit that if we looked bad, it was because the other team had something to do with it.