Memphis East

wtnoff

And I wonder where they will go?

I don't know, probably to another City of Memphis school like Melrose or Whitehaven just to name two off of the top of my head. Heck ... theres Wooddale, Fairley, Mitchell, Kingsbury, Hamilton, and Kirby to consider. They have plenty of options without having to move out of town. I've left off quite a few. All I'm saying is that if this East thing spirals out of control and East has a terrible season, expect some of the top underclassman to find another city school to play for. It's been happening in Memphis for a long time. If you have a guy who is pretty good and the team in his area isn't any good, they will find a way to play for a winning program, or where they think there are greener pastures. It's been like this since ... forever.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustang Fred was a coach at Kirby I hear he was crazy there also.

Curry was a coach at Germantown. He applied for many administrative positions but was passed over for whatever reason. He either sued the County or threatened to sue on the grounds that he was being discriminated against. He ended up at Kirby in an assistant principal position and when Kirby was taken into the city system, he moved to a assistant principal position at Cordova. When the East job came open, he was appointed to the principal's position. Isn't it funny that the man that threatened to sue the County now finds himself faced with three lawsuits himself. (I checked the other day at the request of a friend.) It will be quite interesting to follow the saga of East High and its principal in the coming months.

My guess is Munford. IF any player transfers from east they will be a lock for munford and nobody will say anything and they will get away with it again

I don't think so. For a City of Memphis student to transfer to Munford it takes the whole family to uproot and move and all of that. Those who transfered last year wanted to follow coach Randall really bad and the situation was right. That was a one time deal in my opinion. I don't see these others doing that. They will stay in the city limits. It's just easier that way.

I know there are some on here who have this "thing" about East and Munford and all of that. I know if ONE comes to Munford from East the whole "transfergate" will rear it's ugly head. It will be said that Munford is recruiting players and yada, yada, yada. Give it a rest. Trust me ... it's a WHOLE LOT easier for these guys to transfer to another City of Memphis school then it is for them to come all the way out to Munford. Sheesh! They do it all of the time in Memphis. it's no big deal here.

Just for speculation sakes I'll chime in. The teams that would benefit most by problems at East High would be Melrose High on the public side, and CBHS on the private side (more so if they want to).

I hear you fourthree, but all of this STARTED when I stated

I would not be surprised to see a bunch of East players playing some place else next year. This is stupid.

East's season may work out fine and instead of having players leave, they may attract some to the program. Who knows. I hope they get things turned around at East and headed in a positive direction. For the whole program's sake, and everybody involved. I hope the East coaching staff will take the proverbial lemon they have been handed (the firing/hiring situation, not the football team), and make lemonade!

Anybody who would fire Wayne Randall the way he did must be a few aces short of a full deck of cards. He's (the principal) under some dillusional idea that coaching a high school football team is somewhat an easy thing to do. Sounds like to me that he (the principal) is trying to coach the team himself. I would not be surprised to see a bunch of East players playing some place else next year. This is stupid.

As I said in an earlier post. The sun began to set on East a year ago! 0-3...White Station is next. The program continues its downward spiral.