WB v. Soddy Daisy

sciurus

One thing that really concerns me with WB is their apparent lack of depth. Certain key players should NOT be playing both ways the entire game...it not only increases their fatigue and chance of getting injured but it hurts upcoming years because the upcoming players don't get any in game practice. I know that they do this because of the incredible talent shown by these players, but I just hope that as WB plays less difficult teams more people will get to play on the field.

Well said... Any further information on TJ?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that really concerns me with WB is their apparent lack of depth. Certain key players should NOT be playing both ways the entire game...it not only increases their fatigue and chance of getting injured but it hurts upcoming years because the upcoming players don't get any in game practice. I know that they do this because of the incredible talent shown by these players, but I just hope that as WB plays less difficult teams more people will get to play on the field...

Prediction: WB 35 SD 0

I do agree that playing key players at the 5A level is a mistake unless a team is so thin at the position. But with 50-70 kids dressing one would think some depth could be developed. Case in point, TJ walker. Kid might not be able to be 100% for the rest of the season and that will hurt WB IMO. But at least it will develop depth while he recovers. I wish him the best and good luck to the Gov??™s.

Looking at the game;

Last year Soddy-Daisy was 1-9, not a very impressive record at all but they were young in a lot of places. Also WB shut them out 38-zip on top of that last year. They do have about 15 starters returning and the coach is in his 4th year. IMO that is about the turning point for a new coach. SD has depth at RB with a couple of big fast RB??™s but the passing game is suspect. WB is high right now and last week Soddy was beat by 4-4A power Red Bank 37-21. Red bank has a pretty good defense and is a poll favorite to win their region. SD did score 21 points on them in the first game of their season so they can score vs. a good team. I do think WB solidly wins this contest if they play like they did vs. DB.

GovMan,

Give us the scoop on the WB's 2nd road win of the season.

Red Rebels,

Alas, I was returning from a trip up north and was unable to attend. From what I gather, Coach Meadows wan't too happy about the Gov's performance. TJ Walker did not play ... recovering from an ankle sprain suffered against DB. The Govs have an off week before the host Ooltewah. Hopefully, TJ will be ready to go by then. We'll need to work hard to get ready for the Owls. The Govs have a lot to prove after what happened down there last year.

Im really pulling for WB this year. So much that im thinking of skipping my weekly Alcoa game to see WB vs Maryville. I played under Meadows at Alcoa and my cousin plays at WB. Id love to see WB go all the way this year. They have to keep their heads on straight and keep focused. I konw they have the coaching. Lets all hope WB can pull off the unthinkable this year!

Also now that WB is getting back into power, any chance of them being willing to put Alcoa back on the schedule? Of coruse its gonna look bad on WBs part if they do it as alcoa is in "decline" (lol) and WB is rising up.