grace vs silverdale

fargen01

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not posted in a long time, but this thread interests me. I am glad to know that Silverdale just has to show up and they have this game won. If I recall last year that was the same thing that was being said. It should be interesting, but do not put much weight into the fact that one player scored 4 td's. It could have been any one of several people who could have scored he just happened to be the one to get the TD's. There was still two others who scored, and the running back who led the game in rushing didn't score. So don't fool yourselves to think that Grace is terrible and that the "recruiter" is going to just walk on the field and Grace is going hand him the game. The game is played on the field and until Silverdale beats Grace then there is no reason to think that Silverdale can beat Grace. I hate that their coach had to recruit players, but he will eventually get busted for doing it. Sorry, I didn't mean to say recruits, I meant transfers, since normally teams get so many in one year.

nobody said Grace was terrible they just said Silverdale would win a close game, and as far as call somebody out on here about recruiting(DO YOU HAVE PROOF?) i dont know and dont really care because everybody does it in some form or fashion so dont act like your floating on cloud 9 and innocent as can be. I dont who has ever been favored i just know it s a great rivalry and gets alot of attention from players and fans alike. Just wondering has Grace never had a TRANSFER/RECRUIT? In saying that i think both teams are great ball clubs but the difference will be in the coaching staff.

I do not have a dog in this hunt,but, I think some grace fans sound cocky and nervous,and the seahawks sound very,almost over confident.Games like this are won,one way,On the field!!!!,but if you think Silverdale is the only school around town or any where that maybe trys to get good talent to play there,wether it be a family friend or whatever talking them into going there ,you are sadly mistaken,there are alot of reasons kids end up together at schools,they may go to church there first,then decide to play or play baseball together and have friends that go there,ETC..,..so to say they have recruits or transfer without any proof,is really stupid.This day and age alot of parents send kids to smaller schools to be a big fish in a small pond or the more they see or hear how bad public schools may be getting.So be careful about what you say,because some could start a bad rumor about Grace and get some neg. stuff started(BUT to sum it up,when fans start making allegations,usually means,they are making early excuses for why they lost)I dont really care who wins,but,whoever wins,I hope they did it the right way!!!!!! can't wait.

I do not have a dog in this hunt,but, I think some grace fans sound cocky and nervous,and the seahawks sound very,almost over confident.Games like this are won,one way,On the field!!!!,but if you think Silverdale is the only school around town or any where that maybe trys to get good talent to play there,wether it be a family friend or whatever talking them into going there ,you are sadly mistaken,there are alot of reasons kids end up together at schools,they may go to church there first,then decide to play or play baseball together and have friends that go there,ETC..,..so to say they have recruits or transfer without any proof,is really stupid.This day and age alot of parents send kids to smaller schools to be a big fish in a small pond or the more they see or hear how bad public schools may be getting.So be careful about what you say,because some could start a bad rumor about Grace and get some neg. stuff started(BUT to sum it up,when fans start making allegations,usually means,they are making early excuses for why they lost)I dont really care who wins,but,whoever wins,I hope they did it the right way!!!!!! can't wait.

Unless I am looking at the wrong thread, there are not many actual Silverdale or Grace people saying anything. So that was not a good observation of either school. I guess everybody on here who says that Silverdale's coach recruits is scared they are going to lose to Silverdale. I guess South Pitt is scaredddddd!! If Grace doesn't win this game it is because Grace didn't play as well as Silverdale did that night. I am sure they will not use recruiting as an excuse. As far as it being a bad rumor. It may just be a rumor that he recruits, but as many people as there are who say the same thing about him, you would think it was the Gospel. I hope he is innocent, it just seems strange that he has gotten in trouble before for it, and 5-7 kids show up shortly after he visits local schools. hmmm!!! But i guess it could just be all rumors and everybody who has a "recruiter" (JA) story just made it up. Looking forward to the game. Two good schools who as you said must play the game on the field. The team who plays better that night will walk away with there first region win of the night. Good luck.

I cannot wait for this game to be over with! I think the game will be a good one, but as far as all the negative talk and bashing on here, its gets kinda dumb. Maybe people could get on here and talk about, I dont know, like the actually game, key players, situations from previous games, and so on. Just a thought. There is alot of hype, and I'm glad these two little schools are gonna be playin in a big game, but I think people make this game out to mean to much, especially Silverdale fans. I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong about my prediction of Silverdale losing this game, I just think that the combination of Josh Blake and Cross, all the pressure Silverdale fans put on the team to win this game, and the fact that Coach Mowry just seems to have Silverdales number will prove to much for SD. The past two years, SD has been the favorite, and the past two years Grace has just beat them worse. Sadly, I think the streak will continue.

I cannot wait for this game to be over with! I think the game will be a good one, but as far as all the negative talk and bashing on here, its gets kinda dumb. Maybe people could get on here and talk about, I dont know, like the actually game, key players, situations from previous games, and so on. Just a thought. There is alot of hype, and I'm glad these two little schools are gonna be playin in a big game, but I think people make this game out to mean to much, especially Silverdale fans. I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong about my prediction of Silverdale losing this game, I just think that the combination of Josh Blake and Cross, all the pressure Silverdale fans put on the team to win this game, and the fact that Coach Mowry just seems to have Silverdales number will prove to much for SD. The past two years, SD has been the favorite, and the past two years Grace has just beat them worse. Sadly, I think the streak will continue.

You may be right on that but looking back over Silverdale's games they seem to have been picking up steam along the way. I wondered last year if the Grace - Silverdale game would have had a different turn out if it had been played later in the season. I am thinking that John Allen may have needed a few games early in the season to really identify what he had.

This will be a close game but I give Silverdale the win. Zone made the observation about the new transfers who sat out last year being the difference. He is usually right about those kind of things. Silverdale by two td's just because the Zonepirate says so.

You may be right on that but looking back over Silverdale's games they seem to have been picking up steam along the way. I wondered last year if the Grace - Silverdale game would have had a different turn out if it had been played later in the season. I am thinking that John Allen may have needed a few games early in the season to really identify what he had.

This will be a close game but I give Silverdale the win. Zone made the observation about the new transfers who sat out last year being the difference. He is usually right about those kind of things. Silverdale by two td's just because the Zonepirate says so.

Thanks for the confidence. At least we can eat crow together if I am wrong.

At the end of last season Silverdale was getting better, they finished strong. Coach Allen was just getting things going his way late in the season. I really think that strong finish will carry over to this year. He has had a full year with his system and the transfers got to participate in practices the whole time. I'm pretty sure everyone is on the same page now.

Thanks for the confidence. At least we can eat crow together if I am wrong.

At the end of last season Silverdale was getting better, they finished strong. Coach Allen was just getting things going his way late in the season. I really think that strong finish will carry over to this year. He has had a full year with his system and the transfers got to participate in practices the whole time. I'm pretty sure everyone is on the same page now.

Yeah, no doubt he'll have them ready to play, but the boys have to go out there and execute. Does anyone know is Blake still plays in the secondary on defense?