Elizabethton at Johnson County

longhorn42182

Not seen Johnson County I have heard they have a small line, but they do have an outstanding kicker, I like Johnson County's chances, I do believe it will be close I believe Johnson County is opening up the offense more than in the past because of the small line trying to spread them out allowing thier athletes more one on one type situations, Elizabethton does have alot of speed so will have to play it to see what happens, If Johnson county can match up defensely I think they win with their kicker! it will be a good game! would like to be there!

This game is huge for both teams there is no doubt. Win, lose, or draw the one thing I can promise you is that the physical part of the game will go to Johnson County. The last week of practice has been a turning point from that aspect from what I have been told. Hampton is a very good football team but I believe our kids now understand that even if your small it doesnt mean you cant hit. They always knew this but I think Cap1 hit it when he said they had stage fright. The contact level and basics have been turned up in practice and this should flow to the field. They also have made some changes and gotten a player or two healthy that were not available against Hampton that should be difference makers. Obviously this is rumor mill information but comes from a reliable source. I for one will be very disappointed if we do not win this ball game. This is the time to gain back what we are known for and it is not having 450 yards rushing hung on you. We are smaller than some on the line but this will not be near as big an issue as it was against Hampton. They are huge compared to anyone. JC-31 Etown-13.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#7 is the free safety who might as well not be in the game and from what i have heard he is a real cancer in the locker room, but that is just what i have heard. Couldn't agree more about the fullback the cyclones are playing with 10 on offense and sometimes 9 when #86 is in at tight end that kid bless his heart looks scared to death out there he was running away from people trying to block them. Witten really has his hands full as far as the personnel he is working with, but hopefully he will toughen them up because if he doesn't it is going to be a long day up on the mountain. Remember i said it watch out for JC #30 he knocks heads off.

Look who came out of the 'closet'?? Good to see you back on here. How's 'E' doing? I've heard some dandy things. Hang in there.......... speaking of cancers

The game of the softies, there will be a lot of arm tackling from betsy, they may want to watch #30 from johnson county that boy knows how to hit. #7 from betsy is the most passive ball player i have seen since watching a flag game. If Carr thinks he will run around the edge on JC, #30 will knock him into next week. Everyone on here thinks he is so good, but that boy does not ever run it between the tackles. I hope elizabethton gets it done but that D has to control the edge and that offense has to get somewhat physical.

This game is huge for both teams there is no doubt. Win, lose, or draw the one thing I can promise you is that the physical part of the game will go to Johnson County. The last week of practice has been a turning point from that aspect from what I have been told. Hampton is a very good football team but I believe our kids now understand that even if your small it doesnt mean you cant hit. They always knew this but I think Cap1 hit it when he said they had stage fright. The contact level and basics have been turned up in practice and this should flow to the field. They also have made some changes and gotten a player or two healthy that were not available against Hampton that should be difference makers. Obviously this is rumor mill information but comes from a reliable source. I for one will be very disappointed if we do not win this ball game. This is the time to gain back what we are known for and it is not having 450 yards rushing hung on you. We are smaller than some on the line but this will not be near as big an issue as it was against Hampton. They are huge compared to anyone. JC-31 Etown-13.

I think it will be a pyshical game. I think people are not giving Eliz. any credit. They are improving. I think it is almost time for them to get the offense ontrack. If they put a complete game together it might be a horse of a different color. 20-17 Cyclones

I think it will be a pyshical game. I think people are not giving Eliz. any credit. They are improving. I think it is almost time for them to get the offense ontrack. If they put a complete game together it might be a horse of a different color. 20-17 Cyclones

I agree with you..... The cyclones O-Line needs to learn how to block if this ever happens we should be ok. This is going to be hard fought battle right now id have to favor JC because of the question with our blocking. I'll take my lawn chair (since their stadium has no seating for visiting teams) and head to JC anyway I never give up on the Cyclones we will be back soon.

The Line does need to learn to block, that is true. I think a lot of the problem is the coach

of this unit. They have struggled since his arrival. May need a change? I don't think

it would hurt. I know the Harrison kid is there, maybe he absorbed some stuff at UT.

That said I also know that not all but as a whole this unit is very soft. They will not

get after anyone. Still think CYCLONES 24-21.

I agree with you..... The cyclones O-Line needs to learn how to block if this ever happens we should be ok. This is going to be hard fought battle right now id have to favor JC because of the question with our blocking. I'll take my lawn chair (since their stadium has no seating for visiting teams) and head to JC anyway I never give up on the Cyclones we will be back soon.

It may be that the line is put in some akward situations. I have watched blocks being made. It seems were a little late getting there. Qb has 3 to 4 sec. Backs only have a split second. Don't get me wrong we have to get off the ball quicker up front.

The Line does need to learn to block, that is true. I think a lot of the problem is the coach

of this unit. They have struggled since his arrival. May need a change? I don't think

it would hurt. I know the Harrison kid is there, maybe he absorbed some stuff at UT.

That said I also know that not all but as a whole this unit is very soft. They will not

get after anyone. Still think CYCLONES 24-21.

I think we are still a little behind from the past slide. We are making progress. Time will heal the problems.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We need to just get a little upset off and play with some fire. We had small glimmers of fire at time last week but they were not fires only individual flames. If we can put all the flames togther we will have a huge fire.

Should be a good game. Bring that lawn chair for sure. I dont even attempt to sit in the stands myself. There have been improvements made to the home side but the vistors side is still weak. Alot of the people here wish they would cut into the hill and make flat levels down it for lawn chair style seating but they dont seem to consider it. You could put a ton of people in that type of arrangement and it would be something different. Dont ask me where all the money goes that these games pull in. It sure isnt going towards the field which is already a total wreck. I think football and basketball pull the weight of money for all the basically non revenue sports. Oh well enough of complaining about the adminstrative side. Should be an interesting game.