Tyner Academy @ Bledsoe Co.

Bledsoebtheboys

This isn't the 1980's anymore pal.... You need to wake up its the 2000's now.... I say we forget talking about what happened 2 decades ago and worry about what happens in the year 2007....

This post was not directed at me, but I am going to address it anyway. We learn from history. That is a fact in everything that surrounds us. Economic principles, governing strategies, etc. are based to a great degree on history. This game has changed, no argument, but bchswar had a good point. Still today, if you put your hats on people, play agressive defense, smash mouth ball control offense, and smart disciplined football...you win. Did you watch Livingston Academy win the 3A championship a couple of years ago? No speed demons there... I only saw them once in the finals, but they were not exceptionally fast. The teams that have been referenced played smart, disciplined, hard nosed, agressive, pride filled Warrior football. That is something that due to your age, you can not understand. No offense intended. And if past games and past teams were not important to instill a sense of pride and tradition in today's athletes, why do most all successful coaches show old game films of some of their best teams to their players. It is about taking pride in who and what you are.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post was not directed at me, but I am going to address it anyway. We learn from history. That is a fact in everything that surrounds us. Economic principles, governing strategies, etc. are based to a great degree on history. This game has changed, no argument, but bchswar had a good point. Still today, if you put your hats on people, play agressive defense, smash mouth ball control offense, and smart disciplined football...you win. Did you watch Livingston Academy win the 3A championship a couple of years ago? No speed demons there... I only saw them once in the finals, but they were not exceptionally fast. The teams that have been referenced played smart, disciplined, hard nosed, agressive, pride filled Warrior football. That is something that due to your age, you can not understand. No offense intended. And if past games and past teams were not important to instill a sense of pride and tradition in today's athletes, why do most all successful coaches show old game films of some of their best teams to their players. It is about taking pride in who and what you are.

I'll applaud you for that post, it actually made sense..... And it didn't bash the coaches, admin., ect. for the first time in your young CoachT life......

thanks warrior4ver, I am not upset that those posts were pointed toward me. However, for a history lesson: we did not play stevenson and bridgeport in the 80's. You learn alot from the past and the biggest things you need to learn are not to duplicate your mistakes. I was right about Lookout Valley and I am right about Tyner. You can beat them but it won't be done by worrying about their speed. Instead you have to be physical and smart. you can't turn the ball over and you can't get beat on easy deep balls. Make them go the length of the field in a 10 play drive and see what happens. They won't be able to do it. Take the ball and get 4 yards, take your time getting in and out of the huddle (but don't get penalized), keep the ball between the sidelines and watch as the game comes down to the final few minutes. Of course if we go out and cry, fuss and whine and let them get up on us early we might need to add some lights to the scoreboard. My pick is Tyner 24 Bledsoe 14.

thanks warrior4ver, I am not upset that those posts were pointed toward me. However, for a history lesson: we did not play stevenson and bridgeport in the 80's. You learn alot from the past and the biggest things you need to learn are not to duplicate your mistakes. I was right about Lookout Valley and I am right about Tyner. You can beat them but it won't be done by worrying about their speed. Instead you have to be physical and smart. you can't turn the ball over and you can't get beat on easy deep balls. Make them go the length of the field in a 10 play drive and see what happens. They won't be able to do it. Take the ball and get 4 yards, take your time getting in and out of the huddle (but don't get penalized), keep the ball between the sidelines and watch as the game comes down to the final few minutes. Of course if we go out and cry, fuss and whine and let them get up on us early we might need to add some lights to the scoreboard. My pick is Tyner 24 Bledsoe 14.

You are exactly right about how you beat Tyner. That is exactly how York beat them last year in the playoffs and they were not even a very good football team.