who's the top running backs and recievers in east tn 5A

scoutreporter1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's to watch for?

At running back ... two of the best that people know about are the Marshall kid from Ooltewah and Sterling from Farragut. One of the best that not many people know about yet ... junior Darrin Garner from William Blount.

At receiver, haven't had a chance to see many ... Farragut must have one or two good receivers because I believe there qb is putting up some good numbers. William Blount has two good, big, fast, possession-type receivers in Brad "Wally" Cochran and Grey Clevenger. Garner is also a dangerous receiver out of the backfield.

sterling is definantly the best RB in east Tn but about recievers i havent heard of any stand outs

yea i have to agree with sterling at runningback, at receiver if we were talkin all of east TN, i would say the combo of douglas, shiver, and clendenen at maryville to be by far the best. however havent really heard of any receivers making too much noise in 5A in regions 1-2

yea i have to agree with sterling at runningback, at receiver if we were talkin all of east TN, i would say the combo of douglas, shiver, and clendenen at maryville to be by far the best. however havent really heard of any receivers making too much noise in 5A in regions 1-2

McFall at Jefferson County is a top running back----not a one year wonder. I would want him

on my team. He had 259 yards total offense with 3 touchdowns this past Friday night. He gets

your attention when you see him in action.

Some stats on the WB guys I mentioned through two games (Sevier County and Dobyns Bennet):

Brad Cochran ... senior ... 8 receptions / 143 yds / 2 tds (1 of these was on an interception return)

Grey Clevenger ... senior ... 5 receptions / 98 yds

Darrin Garner ... junior ... 31 carries / 260 yds / 3 rushing tds ... 10 receptions / 82 yds / 1 receiving td

McFall at Jefferson County is a top running back----not a one year wonder. I would want him

on my team. He had 259 yards total offense with 3 touchdowns this past Friday night. He gets

your attention when you see him in action.

yea mcfall is a great TB for the pats. he gives them a chance to win some ballgames this year and compete for a playoff spot