Page at David Lipscomb

vandy1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now vandy1 you aren't trying to somehow get your friend bulldog69 started are you????? I know that Page & Lipscomb do not have the "friendliest of rivalries" going on in the current Region 5-3A and you know how bulldog69 feels about Lipscomb in general. LET'S MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO KEEP THIS ONE CLEAN!!!!

Page has a good defense as was showcased in the win over Fairview. Offensively it is taking some time for the Pats to grasp Coach Daniels pass happy offensive style. Don't look for the Pats to hit anywhere near 100% until the halfway point due to their learning curve and the fact that they have several players injured from what I hear. Taylor Lankford & Blake Neel are back though and both are playing which still makes Page a dangerous team offensively.

Lipscomb is a team that I got a first hand look at. BIG PLAY POTENTIAL is something that they posess in the running game with Jeremy Holt in the backfield. At the start of the second half last week he popped TD runs of 72 & 99 yards against a tough Greenbrier bunch. Those two "big plays" are what pushed the Mustangs ahead and to a week one win. The Lipscomb defense is sound and dominant as usual. They played a bend but don't break style all night long against a tough Greenbrier running game that methodically wore down PJPII the week before. Aside from a TD run by Dickerson in that contest the Bobcats offense seemed to stall around the 30 yard line in Lipscomb territory everytime Greenbrier mounted what appeared to look like anything resembling a threat.

PREDICTION

Lipscomb: 35

Page: 7

Now vandy1 you aren't trying to somehow get your friend bulldog69 started are you????? I know that Page & Lipscomb do not have the "friendliest of rivalries" going on in the current Region 5-3A and you know how bulldog69 feels about Lipscomb in general. LET'S MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO KEEP THIS ONE CLEAN!!!!

No, I was not going to try and stir up the old bullfrog. It was Tuesday afternoon and no one had started a thread.

I'm sure he'll chime in at some point.

Let's try to set the record straight. I have nothing against Lipscomb...as I have said many times...they have a great program. I root for them ...sometimes.... and esp against region 2. This is a week that I normally like to sit out due to how I feel and some past Lipscomb posters.

I do not like private schools in regional play with public schoools.

The situation at Page with all the re-zoning literally has made me sick. When you factor in the "zones" at public schools with the "open" situation at privates...I will never see the fairness in that.... and don't bother to comment.

I think Page is a year away from contending. The goal this year is to make the playoffs. Most Public schools "typically" go thru periods of strength followed by a down time.

Maybe this week, we get two of our playmakers back. We are still a work in progress with no easy spots on the schedule.

Let's try to set the record straight. I have nothing against Lipscomb...as I have said many times...they have a great program. I root for them ...sometimes.... and esp against region 2. This is a week that I normally like to sit out due to how I feel and some past Lipscomb posters.

The situation at Page with all the re-zoning literally has made me sick. When you factor in the "zones" at public schools with the "open" situation at privates...I will never see the fairness in that.... and don't bother to comment.

I think Page is a year away from contending. The goal this year is to make the playoffs. Most Public schools "typically" go thru periods of strength followed by a down time.

Maybe this week, we get two of our playmakers back. We are still a work in progress with no easy spots on the schedule.

So, let me get this straight, you get to say how you feel about private schools, but you don't want anyone else to comment? What a great idea, now I am going to say what I think but I don't want you to comment about it, deal? I think people who whine about things being unfair will never be happy about anything. I think if it isn't private schools, then it will be how public schools zone unfairly. And if it's not that, then you will find something else to complain about. The only time you will be happy is if you win a state championship and it appears as that won't happen in our lifetime. I think people should teach their kids to overcome the odds and do their best and not teach them to make excuses which is exactly what you do when you make excuses for them. High School sports is supoosed to be about fun and last time I checked it is a lot of fun to go out and play even if you don't win every game.

Bulldog, I would love it if you would come stand in my yard for a few days... That dark cloud that rains on your parade everyday could help water my lawn

sniff....sniff.... let me wipe the tear from my eye...

So Page players, here is what one of your supporters says about you... I'll paraphrase... you can't beat them in football... people with advantages cannot be beaten, don't waste your time trying, settle for mediocrity in everything you do, because someone else will always have more advantages... its time to learn that life isnt fair, i hope you all grow up to work at mcdonalds and loathe the people who are successful