Best Team Ever

hamlet7478

Even worse schedule in 2005. Not sure what your point was in printing it. Basically, you just proved my point. Thank you. You only beat Harding by 5, though.

Pretty simple...you said the best team should have one in 04/05 and 06. Makes no sense. I let another poster tell me PJII was number one in 05 and took he/she at their word/ They were 4th and had a less wins and 2 losses more that SAA. I put the record up to avoid further misstatements. I don't who you are trying to support or the point you wish to make, but SAA in 2006 either beat your team or beat a team that beat you or could have. Use your own facts if you want to make a point. BTW, Harding was outstanding. Why did you leave out the big games? You said who was not, but couldn't say who was.........ENOUGH. You win if you don't reply. I win if you do. Your choice. I'm going to watch soccer now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOPS!!!!!!!!! NUMBER 4

NSCAA/adidas?®

National Rankings

High School Fall Rankings Girls

National 10th Poll - November 15, 2005

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Owen J. Roberts (Pottstown, Pa.) 1 21 - 0 - 2

2 Greece Arcadia (Rochester, N.Y.)* 3 20 - 0 - 0

3 LaSalle Academy (Providence, R.I.)* 2 19 - 0 - 0

4 Pope John Paul II (Nashville, Tenn.)* 4 22 - 0 - 2

5 Minnechaug Regional (Wilbraham, Mass.) 8 18 - 0 - 3

6 Shenendehowa (Clifton Park, N.Y.)* 9 20 - 0 - 1

7 Ursuline (Santa Rosa, Calif.) 7 17 - 1 - 2

8 Strongsville (Ohio)* 10 17 - 1 - 5

9 The Pingry School (Martinsville, N.J.) 15 19 - 1 - 0

10 The Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.)* 22 22 - 1 - 0

I don't have a dog in this fight, but JPII was #1 in the Final National ranking. And that's 22 wins, 0 losses and 2 ties. Posting that record against Middle competition, I would give them the edge over St Agnes '06 who coasted through 60% of their season.

http://www.nscaa.com/downloads/20051122_ghs_national.html

High School Girls Fall Rankings - National

Nov. 22, 2005 - Final Poll

# Indicates Sectional Champion

* Indicates State Champion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rank School W-L-T Prev.

1 Pope John Paul II (Hendersonville, Tenn.)* 22-0-2 4

2 LaSalle Academy (Providence, R.I.)* 19-0-0 3

3 Ursuline (Santa Rosa, Calif.)# 17-1-2 7

4 Gloucester Catholic (Gloucester City, N.J.)* 22-0-0 NR

5 Strongsville (Ohio)* 17-1-5 8

6 Massapequa (N.Y.)* 19-1-0 19

7 Highlands (Fort Thomas, Ky.)* 24-2-0 11

8 The Pingry School (Martinsville, N.J.)* 19-1-1 9

9 Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.)* 22-1-0 10

10 St. Ursula Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) 19-2-2 12

......"I have personally seen all these teams play and familiar with the players so I hope i have done the debate some justice and added some facts that are helpful to such a fun topic.

see ya

laban "

W O W ! How did you just join yesterday. You may need to confer with MJUHB. I have to agree with everything you said and add just one more tidbit, St. Agnes 2006 was ranked # 3 in the Nation as well. Five of the 8 seniors play DI and the other 3 chose not to pursue soccer in college.

mjuhb is the ultimate fan in girls soccer. He does a really good job and knows his stuff. Fair and unbiased. I dont know him, but i like his passion and support for girls soccer in TN. He probably could be a good handicapper for some pro games. MJUHB got any picks for me this weekend NFL? my fantasy team is suffering. I need a point getter. Who do you recommend? I know you know.

mjuhb is the ultimate fan in girls soccer. He does a really good job and knows his stuff. Fair and unbiased. I dont know him, but i like his passion and support for girls soccer in TN. He probably could be a good handicapper for some pro games. MJUHB got any picks for me this weekend NFL? my fantasy team is suffering. I need a point getter. Who do you recommend? I know you know.

dude i drafted micheal vick you don't need nfl fantasy advice from me

I don't have a dog in this fight, but JPII was #1 in the Final National ranking. And that's 22 wins, 0 losses and 2 ties. Posting that record against Middle competition, I would give them the edge over St Agnes '06 who coasted through 60% of their season.

http://www.nscaa.com/downloads/20051122_ghs_national.html

High School Girls Fall Rankings - National

Nov. 22, 2005 - Final Poll

# Indicates Sectional Champion

* Indicates State Champion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rank School W-L-T Prev.

1 Pope John Paul II (Hendersonville, Tenn.)* 22-0-2 4

2 LaSalle Academy (Providence, R.I.)* 19-0-0 3

3 Ursuline (Santa Rosa, Calif.)# 17-1-2 7

4 Gloucester Catholic (Gloucester City, N.J.)* 22-0-0 NR

5 Strongsville (Ohio)* 17-1-5 8

6 Massapequa (N.Y.)* 19-1-0 19

7 Highlands (Fort Thomas, Ky.)* 24-2-0 11

8 The Pingry School (Martinsville, N.J.)* 19-1-1 9

9 Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.)* 22-1-0 10

10 St. Ursula Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) 19-2-2 12

I copied the last date avail. on the site........It really does not matter. TN is blessed to have teams in the top 10 or 25. We're just saying my dad can beat your dad and we are on the same team. Franklin's run of 86 straight or PJIIs run of many years or the peaking of SAA or Bearden last year are all in the record books and everybody who does have a dog in the hunt or a high school girls soccer team should be proud.

Guest TheMagician

St. Agnes was good last year, but I don't think that they would necessarily be better than some of the others. It is hard to rely on the national rankings as well. At the expense of sounding negative, the Agnes ranking I read about were not from a widely known site. My point being that I could start my own website, have a fancy name, and based on records and stats alone, rank teams around the country. The rankings are unreliable.

As good as Dyer was in net, I think Parlow in 94 would have put some past her (Scary to think that she left after only three seasons to go to UNC). 99 Germantown team was 25-0. Bearden was a good team too. Not to familiar with JP3's team although they sound worthy of being right there.

At the end of the day we can never know the truth.

Yes on undefeated..yes on State Champ..close on National rank-# 3 which by the way #1 was 23-0, #2 was 20-0 and # 3 was 23-0--so I guess SAA tied # 1's record....yes on two state records....yes on one goal against in regular season....yes on one goal in post season. I think in total SAA scored 134 goals and had two against. One all american. one academic all american, one MVP (Katy Hunter) plus numerous all tournament/ all state / all region / and all city honors. Five playing D1 in college...Two at Vanderbilt-One at Texas A & M, one at Austin Peay, and one at U of M.

While it's fun to compare the great teams of the past and not to take anything away from their great successes, the times have a changed and a champion team of today would probably beat a great team of the past.

...careful on the goals against...we all saw the goal...there was no off-sides. You know the game,,,we take nothing away from St Agnes, great team...just poor officiating that eve. I agree, thus far they are in the top two, if not the top. Considering the caliber of play today vs then, I would give the nod to SAA.

WOOPS!!!!!!!!! NUMBER 4 NSCAA/adidas?®National RankingsHigh School Fall Rankings GirlsNational 10th Poll - November 15, 2005 Rank School Prev. W-L-T 1 Owen J. Roberts (Pottstown, Pa.) 1 21 - 0 - 2 2 Greece Arcadia (Rochester, N.Y.)* 3 20 - 0 - 0 3 LaSalle Academy (Providence, R.I.)* 2 19 - 0 - 0 4 Pope John Paul II (Nashville, Tenn.)* 4 22 - 0 - 2 5 Minnechaug Regional (Wilbraham, Mass.) 8 18 - 0 - 3 6 Shenendehowa (Clifton Park, N.Y.)* 9 20 - 0 - 1 7 Ursuline (Santa Rosa, Calif.) 7 17 - 1 - 2 8 Strongsville (Ohio)* 10 17 - 1 - 5 9 The Pingry School (Martinsville, N.J.) 15 19 - 1 - 0 10 The Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.)* 22 22 - 1 - 0

WOOPS!!! Check at the FINAL Poll.. JPII was # 1..Thank you we have the plaque to prove it..

Pretty simple...you said the best team should have one in 04/05 and 06. Makes no sense. I let another poster tell me PJII was number one in 05 and took he/she at their word/ They were 4th and had a less wins and 2 losses more that SAA. I put the record up to avoid further misstatements. I don't who you are trying to support or the point you wish to make, but SAA in 2006 either beat your team or beat a team that beat you or could have. Use your own facts if you want to make a point. BTW, Harding was outstanding. Why did you leave out the big games? You said who was not, but couldn't say who was.........ENOUGH. You win if you don't reply. I win if you do. Your choice. I'm going to watch soccer now.

JPII did not have 2 losses in 2005. That was 2 ties.. and in the final poll JPII was # 1

WOOPS!!! Check at the FINAL Poll.. JPII was # 1..Thank you we have the plaque to prove it..JPII did not have 2 losses in 2005. That was 2 ties.. and in the final poll JPII was # 1

That fact is that any national title is mythical, because no team played for it. It is a mythical title. JPII was a great team that particular year. But St. Agnes was a great team as well during their special year. Who knows who was the best. Nobody will ever know, it is all just opinion based on some bias, and emotion. Issues such as this are only settled on the field, not off the field. There have been several great teams in the state of Tennessee during the past twenty years.

OK I thought this was for fun and an opinion type thing. When I posted I thought that was the best in my recent memory (and still do) and not cause I had any bias. I was looking at well rounded hard hitting throughout as well as taking and executing direction. A team doesnt necessarily have to win a title to be the best. Remember some teams just get hot and tada win tournaments. Im not saying that some dont have skill and make it all the way Im just saying that some good/ great teams stumble. I just happened to really like the 94 team and how it was put together. jmho again I thought it was an opinion.