Henry Co. vs Martin Westview?

BigRedForLife

What specifically is it that makes you think Henry County has the "better team"? They obviously were less disciplined than Westview. Is it because they have better athletes? More speed? Better coaching? Better techniqes? Better tacklers? Better kicking game? More size? ..........................................???????

Well said.Cottontop. I attempted to make the same point earlier but lacked your eloquence. I read all about HC's superiority in speed, depth etc. but didn't see it Friday night. As to which TEAM was better prepared and better disciplined, well , that was pretty obvious. HC fans are quick to point out that they fumbled twice and that led to their demise. THAT'S PART OF THE GAME! It's like saying if Westview hadn't gang tackled the big back all night then he would have run for 400 yards. I don't know what standard HC folks use to measure what constitutes the "better team," but if they use your criteria, then on all accounts Westview comes out on top. HC folks are also complaining that HC had a touchdown called back. Well, so did Westview and instead of turning the ball over later in the drive, Westview scored. HC ran into a buzz saw and some of their fans are having trouble coming to grips with that fact .Get a life folks! Westview was just better.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What specifically is it that makes you think Henry County has the "better team"? They obviously were less disciplined than Westview. Is it because they have better athletes? More speed? Better coaching? Better techniqes? Better tacklers? Better kicking game? More size? ..........................................???????

I simply have an opinion, an educated opinion, that Henry County has the better team. The better team does not always win. When the season is all said and done, I think we will agree that over the long haul of the season, Henry County is the better team. What is for certain at this point, is that Westview played better on the only night that mattered. The Henry County team played poorly. Some of that had to do with Westview, but most of it had to do with themselves. Westview will have games where they will play poorly. Maybe they already have. When they do, you had better hope it doesn't occur when they play against a good team. That's what happened to Henry County. It happens to every team I have ever coached or watched. Westview has a very good team. I will watch with interest as they progress through their season. I hope the series continues, although it's a better series for Westview, than for Henry County.

They obviously didn't have the better team last Friday night.

I agree with that statement. In fact, I said it myself in my last post. Has your wonderful coach never lost a game where he had the better team, or does he always outsmart and outcoach everyone? No matter what you say, I bet he would say that he has lost a few where he had the better team. And if he didn't return phone calls, why wouldn't he. You seem proud that he didn't. What's so good about that? Is that part of the reason that they won the region last year? No return calls and no film swapping; I have never known those to be reasons for success. He needs to write a book. if that's true. He can make millions, because most of us dumb coaches don't know those things.

I agree with that statement. In fact, I said it myself in my last post. Has your wonderful coach never lost a game where he had the better team, or does he always outsmart and outcoach everyone? No matter what you say, I bet he would say that he has lost a few where he had the better team. And if he didn't return phone calls, why wouldn't he. You seem proud that he didn't. What's so good about that? Is that part of the reason that they won the region last year? No return calls and no film swapping; I have never known those to be reasons for success. He needs to write a book. if that's true. He can make millions, because most of us dumb coaches don't know those things.

I'm guessing the second part is directed at us so I'd like to respond. It's not personal. I speak with Gaddis all the time but we're still not swapping tape. It's ok the sun will come up tomorrow. We're just on the opposite sides of this issue.

I'm guessing the second part is directed at us so I'd like to respond. It's not personal. I speak with Gaddis all the time but we're still not swapping tape. It's ok the sun will come up tomorrow. We're just on the opposite sides of this issue.

Let me get this straight. You and the Henry County coach talk all of the time. He asks you to swap. and you say no, and you still talk all of the time. Do you swap with anyone, or is it just Henry County, and your friend, that you do not swap with? While we are on this issue, please explain, once and for all, how it is better for your coach to travel around and collect films on everyone, when most all teams would surely just meet you and swap. Do you endorse this policy of inconvenience, or do you simply support the wishes of your head coach?

Let me get this straight. You and the Henry County coach talk all of the time. He asks you to swap. and you say no, and you still talk all of the time. Do you swap with anyone, or is it just Henry County, and your friend, that you do not swap with? While we are on this issue, please explain, once and for all, how it is better for your coach to travel around and collect films on everyone, when most all teams would surely just meet you and swap. Do you endorse this policy of inconvenience, or do you simply support the wishes of your head coach?

He knows our policy but he also knows we'll help him with film out of Memphis. The policy is no one. We don't travel that much we have a number of scouting groups that attend games all over the region.

They obviously didn't have the better team last Friday night.

the better team has yet to be determined, now they certainly did not play better the other night,

similar to that game at Munford last year, HC did not play better but they were obviously the better team, as Munford manged to watch two rounds as HC was still playing. A teams success is measured in the post season, Just ask Marty Schottenheimer. Congrats to Westview, they outplayed HC on Friday and I wish them all the luck this season.

Last season HC lost to Ridgeway, Dickson, Southside, and Munford in the regular season, If I am not mistaken, none of these teams even made it to the quarterfinals before getting beat, well does that make them a better team than those they beat that went deeper in the playoffs.

One more example, the Titans beat the Colts late last season, I do not think that anyone would say that the Titans had a better team than the super bowl champions.

I ltold a fib, one one more, Boise State beat Oklahoma in a bowl game last year, Boise State did not have the better team, but they played better that night.

Westview was better than HC as the warrior stated, the only night that mattered, however if they lose in the first round of the playoffs and HC is still alive late in the playoffs, it will be hard pressed to convince a nonbiased sports fan that Westview is the better team.

He knows our policy but he also knows we'll help him with film out of Memphis. The policy is no one. We don't travel that much we have a number of scouting groups that attend games all over the region.

I hate to stay on this topic, but it is so contrary to anything that I experienced for over three decades. Are you guys smarter than those dumb coaches who cooperate with one another? Do you all sit around and laugh about how stupid all of those "swappers" are? Do you gain an edge by scouting instead of swapping? Was our staff filled with fools for all of those years, because we swapped? Does anyone else in the district scout and refuse to swap? Do opposing coaches all call to swap and you simply ignore them all?

It has been almost a year, and SWAPGATE lives!!!!!!!!! Now we have SCOUTGATE, as well!!! An also TRAVELGATE!!!!! The YANKER is both AMAZED and AMAZING!!! I AM THE HAPPY YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!