Trousdale County @ Smith County

Antwan

BigReid might have been stirring the pot a little to get some of you guys al ralled up, but he was actually making a good point. It is no secret that Clint Satterfield is one of the best coaches in the state. No one can argue that. But an average coach could have won the 1A state with the calibur of athletes that have come through TC. Not saying that he didn't help develop them, because, duh, he did. But having a little athletic ability is not coachable and can go a long way. Now if TC doesn't win Friday night, it will not mean that he is not a good coach. Just wanted to make that clear. After all, if TC is as bad as everyone says they are, he can't have the tag as a miracle worker AND a great coach, can he?

Let's check the record on this whole, "anyone could have won 1a with Trousdale's players" thing. In 1990 you obviously weren't there when Trousdale played FRA, which was huge as well as talented, led by the Tomichek (spelling?) guy who went on to paly at Auburn I believe. In 98, Trousdale defeated South Pitt, who had Eddie Moore, who had a stint in the NFL. Clint found ways to get T. C. Payne the ball in the 2nd half and Pitt's coach quit giving the ball to Moore. I also remember Trousdale getting smoked by Portland in the regular season their 1st year in 3A and then beating a more talented Portland in the playoffs. We have definetly been blessed with outstanding talent for a community our size, in players and coaches.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullet...I went to that Portland game and cheered just as much for TC as I would have if SC had been playing. That was a special win. I don't know that I've seen another high school football player take command of a football field quite like T.C. Payne did. I'm thinking...I'm thinking...Coker was awesome when he had a hole...still thinking...but nobody I can think of had total control of a football field when he was on it like T.C. did.

Not so fast there Mom........our 2 team didn't touch the field until the last series on defense.

We did give a lot of underneath stuff in the 2nd half. But as best as I remember, G-ville scored about as much in the 2nd half as the first.

The only time the 3rd string has been on the field is against JC, and because of the new mercy rule.....I'm afraid some of the younger kids will not get as much time as they need. The last few years the younger kids have been able to get that much needed game experience.

I know backups and 2ed string players that started playing at the start off the third quarter.

If that wasn't the soft spot what was? was it our passing game, and why are us SC fans fussing among our selfs?

there are bigger fish to fry.

Bullet...I went to that Portland game and cheered just as much for TC as I would have if SC had been playing. That was a special win. I don't know that I've seen another high school football player take command of a football field quite like T.C. Payne did. I'm thinking...I'm thinking...Coker was awesome when he had a hole...still thinking...but nobody I can think of had total control of a football field when he was on it like T.C. did.

ahhhh, precious memories bigreid. And you know, Portland aint been the same since.