Mckenzie vs. Trenton

Bethels1fan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One change in this assesment which I think is very well thought out. The McKenzie QB is not necessarily mainly a passer. Actually, if my figures are correect, our QB had more rushing yards than Chad Jordan had. I will admit that Carr is a great passer and we have capable receivers but, ignore our running game at your own peril!!!!!!

I have no idea how we would compete with Camden tomorrow night or how we will fare against Trenton Friday night. But, McKenzie is no longer the one dimensional, passing, shoot out, defenseless team they once were said to be in the past.

I've seen you guys play; I'll second that notion.

Trenton takes this one... Mckenzie hasn't played anyone this year but camdan and they got a tast of 2A football... Bet yall don't miss being in 2A anymore... Yall might have a chance now that yall are in 1A...

I don't have a copy of Peabody's schedule in front of me, tell me again which powerhouses they have beaten this year. Oh, and yes, you got us, we are so scared to play you big mean 2A schools. That's why we scheduled 3 of you for our only non-region games. Once again, I hope the Trenton players share your opinion of us.

McKenzie will win. An evenly matched game (and I believe this one is) will come down to turnovers, penalties, and special teams play. This is where I think we have an edge. Go Rebels!

Trenton takes this one... Mckenzie hasn't played anyone this year but camdan and they got a tast of 2A football... Bet yall don't miss being in 2A anymore... Yall might have a chance now that yall are in 1A...

Personally, I do miss being in AA. Now our enrollment has dropped so much from then that we don't have the kids to pick from usually to have the depth for AA ball though. It's not like McKenzie never had a good season in AA you know!!!! Class AA is an entirely different atmosphere on Friday night much of the time. Yeah, I imagine quite a few of us miss it. Since going down to class A, we have scheduled class AA and AAA teams from our past schedules as our 3 extra games and fared pretty well agains them thank you.

We will play wherever TSSAA puts us and be just as excited about Friday nights no matter where that is.

I do like class A though. Seems like there is less bickering, and stress (and attirudes) in class A. In class A, most don't feel like if a game is lost to an opponent/rival that there will be no tomorrow or anything. Sure we all want to win but, everyone seems to get along a lot better either way. I'm still not sure that's exactly what I'm trying to say here. I have a lot of friends and some family in the towns of a lot of AA and A teams we play. I get along with all of them personally so..........................................

Besides, that is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it. I mean Trenton hasn't exactly slain any giants yet this season either!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I do miss being in AA. Now our enrollment has dropped so much from then that we don't have the kids to pick from usually to have the depth for AA ball though. It's not like McKenzie never had a good season in AA you know!!!! Class AA is an entirely different atmosphere on Friday night much of the time. Yeah, I imagine quite a few of us miss it. Since going down to class A, we have scheduled class AA and AAA teams from our past schedules as our 3 extra games and fared pretty well agains them thank you.

We will play wherever TSSAA puts us and be just as excited about Friday nights no matter where that is.

I do like class A though. Seems like there is less bickering, and stress (and attirudes) in class A. In class A, most don't feel like if a game is lost to an opponent/rival that there will be no tomorrow or anything. Sure we all want to win but, everyone seems to get along a lot better either way. I'm still not sure that's exactly what I'm trying to say here. I have a lot of friends and some family in the towns of a lot of AA and A teams we play. I get along with all of them personally so..........................................

Besides, that is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it. I mean Trenton hasn't exactly slain any giants yet this season either!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We miss the old days of 6-2A too...although we don't really miss the days of Huntingdon and McKenzie handing our butts to us year in year out...hmmm... ok, scratch that, maybe we don't miss the old days as much as I thought we did

The only thing that concerns me in this game is how are the Rebels going to deal with Trenton's speed? Although I know it was just the jamboree, McKenzie had a hard time containing our speedsters and Trenton has speed by the tanker-truck load. Although I guess you could just outscore them because their pass protection is pretty weak...we had wide open receivers all night, we just couldn't get the ball to them or when we did they had trouble hanging on to 'em. If the Rebs can contain Harper and #21 then it could be a long night for the Tide...if not we could have a new state combined-score record set! Good luck to the Rebs....

Well It seems Camden is the only team having any success in 2A. With Trenton, Milan, And Huntingdon have all lost.

So maybe either yall should come on down or move over and let us up.

From what I hear Huntingdon and Humboldt are headed down here with us.

Now we might be down here in lil ole 1A but we still handing out 2A buttwhippins just ask our neighbor.

Now with the respect that yall deserve we all play where we are told. And yes we do miss 2A. Maybe we will all catch a breeding frenzy and return to our home in 2A.

But while were getting naked and multiplying yall try to have fun and good luck to all respective teams. I'm Butchie and I'm out.

We miss the old days of 6-2A too...although we don't really miss the days of Huntingdon and McKenzie handing our butts to us year in year out...hmmm... ok, scratch that, maybe we don't miss the old days as much as I thought we did

The only thing that concerns me in this game is how are the Rebels going to deal with Trenton's speed? Although I know it was just the jamboree, McKenzie had a hard time containing our speedsters and Trenton has speed by the tanker-truck load. Although I guess you could just outscore them because their pass protection is pretty weak...we had wide open receivers all night, we just couldn't get the ball to them or when we did they had trouble hanging on to 'em. If the Rebs can contain Harper and #21 then it could be a long night for the Tide...if not we could have a new state combined-score record set! Good luck to the Rebs....

Thanks for the well wishes. I really don't like jamborees being compared to regualar season games but, that is a fair question. Actually, McKenzie's overall team speed is as good as I've seen it in years. We do have a lot of first time starters and they likely had jitters in the jamboree. It's for real now and they are responding very well. Harper could be a problem and this whole deal could turn into a gunfight. I hope not. Jordan at Bruceton was no problem for us and he is all-everything so maybe we can hang. I've seen Harper play and he is the real deal. We will see!!!!

PS-------their RB quit the team.

Well It seems Camden is the only team having any success in 2A. With Trenton, Milan, And Huntingdon have all lost.

So maybe either yall should come on down or move over and let us up.

From what I hear Huntingdon and Humboldt are headed down here with us.

Now we might be down here in lil ole 1A but we still handing out 2A buttwhippins just ask our neighbor.

Now with the respect that yall deserve we all play where we are told. And yes we do miss 2A. Maybe we will all catch a breeding frenzy and return to our home in 2A.

But while were getting naked and multiplying yall try to have fun and good luck to all respective teams. I'm Butchie and I'm out.

butchie, with posts like this you could get me kicked off coachT if I responded to it!!

PS-------their RB quit the team.

Was it #21 that quit or the other little guy that our LBs laid-waste to? If it was #21, your job was made easier...if it was the other one...then you're still going to have worry about containing a bunch of speed. Bruceton's line is pretty big, but they move like snails( as a matter of fact I move faster than Bruceton's line )...Trenton's line moves just a little faster (alot) . As far as Jordan goes...a RB is only really as good as his line let's him be and Jordan's line leaves more than a little to be desired. I think you guys are definitely up to the task...just pass, pass, pass

Butchie,

Huntingdon and Humboldt coming to class A????!!!! Where is that found. That would be headline news around here!!!! McKenzie has bounced back and forth between A and AA for 25 years but, those two wouldn't know how to handle being sent to class A!!!!

Whew, this week is stressin' me out I think!!!!

Entirely too much information for me to deal with all at once!!!