Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man You all sound more and more like us Ridgers last year. As for players flapping their arms, I have always thought, if they will do their part, the fans will do theirs. Then all that flapping wouldn't be necessary.

I wish for a safe game with no injuries on either team. And being a little bit selfish a win for Oak Ridge. Cause after a loss it sure is a miserable drive back from Kingsport.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Have a safe trip up in the rain friday. I'd like to wish you a happy trip back, but I can only be so nice.

Wildcats and fans I hope this is the game we have been waiting for this year.We may be down but we are not dead.Last year with all the smoke and flashing lights,trying to wait us out going on the field first was exciting.I know the ridge is strong this year,but DB is just starting to jell.This will be another barn burner.I do beleive that DB coaches have come together this week to make this game a wake up call to non-believers.Have a safe trip to Kgspt. and back.Welcome to our House. No smoking mirrors,no flashing lights,just alot of tradition.

Dang, I like the smoking mirrors (?) and flashing lights, heck we even got the tradition thing. See ya Friday night at J. Fred!

Upset Special!

D-B 16

OR 13

D-B offense will do much better based on a major simplification effort and changes in the depth chart this week.

D-B defense will remain crusty.

OR still has a bit of a confidence problem with D-B; they may deny it but "down deep" it is on their minds. They may think this is their year to smash the Tribe and exorcise the demons. After they are hit in the mouth in Q1, doubt will creep in.

Upset Special!

D-B 16

OR 13

D-B offense will do much better based on a major simplification effort and changes in the depth chart this week.

D-B defense will remain crusty.

OR still has a bit of a confidence problem with D-B; they may deny it but "down deep" it is on their minds. They may think this is their year to smash the Tribe and exorcise the demons. After they are hit in the mouth in Q1, doubt will creep in.

Oak Ridge may think it is "their year to smash the tribe and exorcise the demons?" What series are you talking about? DB vs. OR is a great rivalry and Oak Ridge will have to play their best to win, of that I am convinced. But as far as Oak Ridge having doubts that they can hang with DB after one quarter, I don't think so. Have you been to the OR vs. DB games over the last few years? DB has had some great teams and won their share. Oak Ridge has also had some great teams and won their share. It's not like DB has had OR's number. DB may score 50 points tomorrow night and blow OR out, but if it happens I don't think it will be due to OR being intimidated by DB.

Here's hoping for a great game tomorrow with no serious injuries, and a pleasant ride home from Kingsport!

Prediction: The DB fans have me convinced that DB will not score alot of points but will play better on offense this week, and will have a very tough defense. DB will play their best game of the year to date. WB and Bearden may have surprised them a little, but they will expect a tough game with OR and come in ready to play. Add in the bad weather predicted and OR's 2 top linemen apparently not playing and that sounds like a low scoring game to me. I predict (maybe it's hope) Oak Ridge has enough to squeak by.

OR 17

DB 14

Prediction: The DB fans have me convinced that DB will not score alot of points but will play better on offense this week, and will have a very tough defense. DB will play their best game of the year to date. WB and Bearden may have surprised them a little, but they will expect a tough game with OR and come in ready to play. Add in the bad weather predicted and OR's 2 top linemen apparently not playing and that sounds like a low scoring game to me. I predict (maybe it's hope) Oak Ridge has enough to squeak by.

OR 17

DB 14

I don't think the last two teams surprised DB. They are just pretty good and ranked in the top six, while you guys are number two in the state. If our guys can make a good showing tonight,I'd say that very few teams in the last few years at DB have played any better with their teams then this years bunch has. After this game,the key for DB is to try and get better and not have any more kids go out.A lot of smart guys forget that GC had to let some of his best talent go before the season and injuries to some key players have made this a very hard year

I don't think the last two teams surprised DB. They are just pretty good and ranked in the top six, while you guys are number two in the state. If our guys can make a good showing tonight,I'd say that very few teams in the last few years at DB have played any better with their teams then this years bunch has. After this game,the key for DB is to try and get better and not have any more kids go out.A lot of smart guys forget that GC had to let some of his best talent go before the season and injuries to some key players have made this a very hard year

Graham didn't let any "talent" go...they let themselves go. I guess smokin' dope and cigs and drinking beer is "talent". Go Raiders

Graham didn't let any "talent" go...they let themselves go. I guess smokin' dope and cigs and drinking beer is "talent". Go Raiders

OK, wasted talent.Among the wasted talent was two of the best athletes on the team.When you start taking speed off the field as well as some of your best linemen getting hurt, it makes for a rough road. Add in one of the toughest three games any team in the state has played and bad things will happen