Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang dem was some flag happy refs on that field tonight. Well DB old foe till next year when we get you at the The 'Ship. Hope the season gets better for you, just glad it wasn't tonight. I'm like bounder, ain't gonna give it back, but I gotta tell ya them young men fought hard all night long. That one could have been anyones game. #5 Jared Stephens is the real deal and the young'uns who stepped up and took over for the other players who were sitting on the sideline for their antics, kudos to you, you did a heckuva job.

I really hope you two are not referring to B.B. at North as wasted talent. I could pick 10 kids that are on the team now that are more talented than that joker.HERE Kitty, Kitty!Good luck to DB and the glow in the dark city.Roll Tribe.

Please name the 10. "Wasted Talent" infers that we don't know how could he coulda been (because of his terrible decisions and immaturity). Go get Webter's and look under I for Infer.

Dang dem was some flag happy refs on that field tonight. Well DB old foe till next year when we get you at the The 'Ship. Hope the season gets better for you, just glad it wasn't tonight. I'm like bounder, ain't gonna give it back, but I gotta tell ya them young men fought hard all night long. That one could have been anyones game. #5 Jared Stephens is the real deal and the young'uns who stepped up and took over for the other players who were sitting on the sideline for their antics, kudos to you, you did a heckuva job.

Those were some flag happy refs. I think a couple of them thought "they" were the center of attention, not the game. There were plenty of flags on both sides though. Although having 2 touchdowns called back was very painful at the time. We got there too late to enjoy that BBQ you guys had; I wished we could have tried it! Always a great atmosphere at DB. It struck me that after the game, DB was much better than they may feel right now and OR is not as good as they may feel right now. OR will have to improve if they intend to beat Ooltewah, Farragut, and William Blount. As far as our guys being ready, big thumbs up to the guys that stepped in for Stewart and Carson. I hope all of our guys will make sure they do what it takes to be on the field, not on the sideline. DB, I have a feeling your season is going to get much better from here. Best of luck.

The Tribe played hard and with alot of heart, as we knew they would. Always a great time at J. Fred. I think DB could win the rest of them, and hopefully we can meet again this year, hopefully at our place! Three turnovers in the second half was the difference. We did have some bar-b-q, it was killer and the people were great, a class act all the way around.

Thoughts and prayers to Art and his wife.

Go Cats and Roll Tribe

Oak Ridge, we DB fans appreciate the comments. Was nice to see another 'down to the final minutes affair', unfornutaley both teams don't like to win in their own stadiums here latley. I don't believe anybody in the remainder of our schedule is as tough as our last three games. Tonight I saw phenomenal speed out of #5 and somewhat of a underachieving yet good performance by #2. Alot to be said about our offense but not enough space. Defense played another good ball game. Every team we've played so far seem to get their yardage yet can't punch it in. We'll figure it out, ole Clark has too. Correct, we hope to see you again in the playoffs. Hopefully in the second round, so we can get over the proverbial stumbling block of the first round. My one request, and you can pass this on to the boys please, take down Ooltewah this year. Their recent grandeur is annoying.

Roll Tribe and Go Cats.

Ring wasn't the one who pitched it to Hogg on the fumble, Crawford was in at QB...Ring was split wide right...

Roll Tribe Roll

Crawford was the qb who pitched it and Hogg had it running with it,was hit and fumbled it.Clark said in the paper that it was an errant pitch,that is wrong.Why are you running that play on the goal line anyway?Run it up the middle and go in to over time.Another classic example of overcoaching!If # 33 is hurt or cramping up he needs to stay out of the game.Need to be at 100% on defense. # 9 looks like he can handle LB just fine.Again people open in the flats but cannot get ball to them.But being under center looked better

Crawford was the qb who pitched it and Hogg had it running with it,was hit and fumbled it.Clark said in the paper that it was an errant pitch,that is wrong.Why are you running that play on the goal line anyway?Run it up the middle and go in to over time.Another classic example of overcoaching!If # 33 is hurt or cramping up he needs to stay out of the game.Need to be at 100% on defense. # 9 looks like he can handle LB just fine.Again people open in the flats but cannot get ball to them.But being under center looked better

Was it the Straight Option from the 10 yd line? That's what it looked like on Channel 11 last night but I wasn't sure.

If so, that is a bad, bad call regardless of the weather, 4th qtr, etc.

Was it the Straight Option from the 10 yd line? That's what it looked like on Channel 11 last night but I wasn't sure.

If so, that is a bad, bad call regardless of the weather, 4th qtr, etc.

Option all the way.Clark also calls it a miss read on the option.I quess he thought the QB should have kept it but he was covered.Just a bad play call on your own goal line IMO.