Gallatin at Mt. juliet

Whocares08

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned earlier, these two coaching staffs are very familiar with one another. That understood, I think that plays into the hands of MJ. Gallatin's playcalling and gameplans are very predictable. In fact I'll give you the first three GHS plays right now:

QB fakes to upback-takes left for 3 yards.

QB runs right for two.

QB drops to pass, scrambles, gets no gain or a loss.

Prove me a liar Lassiter.

Gwave1, does this rivalry not also hold the record for fan attendence in a regular season game? Could be wrong about that one... But wouldn't it be great to have this one play out like the old games with 10,000 plus and standing room only... I know that before I stated that I thought MJ would take this one.... But I do think that if our defensive unit does a good job preparing this week, then Gallatin will be going home with the W. I really hope the aggressive nature of our front 4 and linebackers carries over from the 2nd half of the Hillwood game. All it takes is one guy to get in the backfield and disrupt the timing, and the wing-t looks more like a Chinese fire drill than a legitimate formation.

I think that the bears will win , nwokoji, majors, and carr are great running backs, and fisher has excellent speed, and hill at quaterback has great mobility, there defense was all 11 senior starters before miller broke his foot against central and starks broke his ankle against springfield, there both out a good part of the season, both good defensive linemen, we will see if that haunts mj friday

DAAAAAAA BEARS 27-10

I think that the bears will win , nwokoji, majors, and carr are great running backs, and fisher has excellent speed, and hill at quaterback has great mobility, there defense was all 11 senior starters before miller broke his foot against central and starks broke his ankle against springfield, there both out a good part of the season, both good defensive linemen, we will see if that haunts mj friday

DAAAAAAA BEARS 27-10

how long are miller and starks out for? what about #9 i remember seeing him a lot in the scrimmages?

bears in a close one

Gwave1, does this rivalry not also hold the record for fan attendence in a regular season game? Could be wrong about that one... But wouldn't it be great to have this one play out like the old games with 10,000 plus and standing room only... I know that before I stated that I thought MJ would take this one.... But I do think that if our defensive unit does a good job preparing this week, then Gallatin will be going home with the W. I really hope the aggressive nature of our front 4 and linebackers carries over from the 2nd half of the Hillwood game. All it takes is one guy to get in the backfield and disrupt the timing, and the wing-t looks more like a Chinese fire drill than a legitimate formation.

True, in 1980 Gallatin and Mt Juliet played in Gtown in front of 10000. Gallatin and Mt Juliet were ranked #1 and #2 in the state at the time. Game ended up 2-0 in favor of Gallatin that night. That is just one of the strange games played between these two. In 83' or 85', we went over there and fought the stench from a water treatment facility and the dust from the track before it was paved. Seriously it was so dry the dust cloud from people walking to the bleachers encompassed 1/4 of the field and endzone. In 84' at our place the fog moved in and you couldn't see who had the ball. In 86' Mt Juliet kicked a 45 yard field goal with no time on the clock to beat the Wave 8-7. In 87', current head coach Shawn Hollingworth directed the Bears against Gallatin. He was a stud back then. In 88' we played in a monsoon. No thunder just heavy heavy rain the entire game. In 95' Gallatin set the record for fumbles when the Charlie Brooks couldn't get a handle on the ball from center. But we did win 7-2. Then of course in 97' we played twice, once in the regular season then in the playoffs. Somehow Gallatin won the regular season game against a very good squad when the runningback for Mt Juliet fumbled while trying to run the clock out. Gallatin kicked a fieldgoal to win the game 22-20. The Bears paid us back in the playoffs to a resounding 20-3 score. Lots of crazy games in this series.

MJ is going to bring it hard against the Green Wave. I have spoken to the Nwokoji kid last year at a track meet and he seems to be on top of his game. With half of MJs formations involving Nwokoji, the Wave better light the fire in the DLines eyes, much like Sweat on Friday night at Hillwood. Josh Green was everywhere, he just did not complete many tackles. Tyler Reed had some good tackles and so did others for the Wave Defense. But letting the Toppers take one to the house while giving up 9 missed tackles is not acceptable of a winning team. for the offense, 67 passing yards is not becoming of a Region competitor either. Gallatin has never been the passing team, i dont expect them to start passing more either. But with good recievers, and strong arms, why not put it in the air a little more

P.S. What ever happened to Jonathan Newbill?

Go Green Wave