Gallatin at Mt. juliet

Whocares08

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One program with a new coach, new energy, and a lot of optimism, the other with a coach nearing his tenth year, question marks everywhere, a fractioning fan base, and new schools taking from the talent pool.

Why is Gallatin's current situation reminding me so much of Notre Dame? Everyone always talking about the 'good ole days', recalling the titles of the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Not so much as a semi-final appearance in 15 years. Anyone who looks at the program with a lack of bias sees that the program is good, but far from great.

The parallels are frightening, especially as bad as the Irish have looked. 1991 was the last time ND was a real title contender. 1992 was GHSs last title, and not more than a quarterfinal appearance since. Fired one good coach to hire the prodigal son-alumnus, while the former coach enjoys as much (if not better) success at a 'lesser' program. Ty Willingham seems to have turned around WU while the $10 million dollar Weiss has his team staring at an 0-3 start. Joslin has won at least, if not more playoff games at Cookville than Lassiter at Gallatin.

Notre Dame annually pads its stats with wins over the Armed Services while Gallatin coasts to region titles holding off H'ville and basically nobody else.

ND has trouble recruiting because nobody wants to go to a middle-of-no-where campus that is cold as heck during football season. Gallatin can't convince parents to trust the school with their kids well-being, at least not while Station Camp, Beech, H'ville, White House, JPII, and Portland are all reasonable-to-better options. We've still got plenty of 'good ol boys', but the smart ones have seen the writing on the wall.

Loyalty is great, but blind loyalty is foolish. I, and many others, have, and are seeing what Gallatin High School is becoming. If you've attending many school functions lately you know what I'm talking about. Complete lack of respect in Graduation Ceremonies, principals making criminal cases out of ego-inflated kids with microphones, cheerleading teams that win National Titles and get eccentially no recognition whatsoever, etc, etc.

The school has lost its pride it seems, and it is easier to change loyalties than to hope that a change is on the horizon.

One program with a new coach, new energy, and a lot of optimism, the other with a coach nearing his tenth year, question marks everywhere, a fractioning fan base, and new schools taking from the talent pool.

Why is Gallatin's current situation reminding me so much of Notre Dame? Everyone always talking about the 'good ole days', recalling the titles of the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Not so much as a semi-final appearance in 15 years. Anyone who looks at the program with a lack of bias sees that the program is good, but far from great.

The parallels are frightening, especially as bad as the Irish have looked. 1991 was the last time ND was a real title contender. 1992 was GHSs last title, and not more than a quarterfinal appearance since. Fired one good coach to hire the prodigal son-alumnus, while the former coach enjoys as much (if not better) success at a 'lesser' program. Ty Willingham seems to have turned around WU while the $10 million dollar Weiss has his team staring at an 0-3 start. Joslin has won at least, if not more playoff games at Cookville than Lassiter at Gallatin.

Notre Dame annually pads its stats with wins over the Armed Services while Gallatin coasts to region titles holding off H'ville and basically nobody else.

ND has trouble recruiting because nobody wants to go to a middle-of-no-where campus that is cold as heck during football season. Gallatin can't convince parents to trust the school with their kids well-being, at least not while Station Camp, Beech, H'ville, White House, JPII, and Portland are all reasonable-to-better options. We've still got plenty of 'good ol boys', but the smart ones have seen the writing on the wall.

Loyalty is great, but blind loyalty is foolish. I, and many others, have, and are seeing what Gallatin High School is becoming. If you've attending many school functions lately you know what I'm talking about. Complete lack of respect in Graduation Ceremonies, principals making criminal cases out of ego-inflated kids with microphones, cheerleading teams that win National Titles and get eccentially no recognition whatsoever, etc, etc.

The school has lost its pride it seems, and it is easier to change loyalties than to hope that a change is on the horizon.

Just1,

What are you talking about? Don't be so stupid as to compare any high school to a major college football program. That is ignorant. One school recruits, the other gets the players that live in the area. Coach Lassiter is a great coach. I think Joslin is a great coach. Both coaches have won their league repeatedly. against the teams put their by the TSSAA. Both have been to the third round once. Both have great overall records. So maybe, Coach Joslin was let go because of people like you. Expectations too high to repeatedly achieve. Maybe you can enlighten us with your expertise on all things Gallatin High School. Tell me about the complete lack of respect at Graduation ceremonies. What, one or two parents who yell when their kids names are called. Far from complete lack of respect. A student takes over a microphone and the principal handles it and yet you blame an administrator for attempting to maintain discipline.

What have the cheerleaders got to do with this? Can you tell us more about the cheerleading competition? There are about 20 different associations that you can win a national title, with about thirty categories in each association. How many people did they compete head to head with? I believe they did get recognition by the way. Newspaper, trophies, and a banner. But what does that have to do with any of this?

You say that it is easier to change loyalties than hope for a change. Then take the plunge. Lots of schools to choose from.

You say that you see what Gallatin High School is becoming; implying that it must be full of second-class people. Well if it is full of second-class people, I think that Lassiter should be commended for the ability to get them to play well and go 10-0 and win region titles. You want to complain and point fingers without even taking into consideration everything it takes to coach today. Here's my suggestion. I hope Lassiter stays and you go somewhere else. How will the program ever recover if you leave?

I've read your opinion and stated mine. That's all I have to say about that.

Even the Tennessean is picking Mt Juliet over the Wave. After listening to Lassiter on the radio, I am convinced that this rivialry is going to be in place for a longtime time to come. Not only with MJ moving up a class but with what both coaches deem as a very fan worthy game.

This game will be a good one, so I'm going with MJ in this one (representing for Region 6-4A). Plus, I have never liked Gallatin for a longtime anyway. Is MJ supposed to move up to 5A next year?

Just1,

What are you talking about? Don't be so stupid as to compare any high school to a major college football program. That is ignorant. One school recruits, the other gets the players that live in the area. Coach Lassiter is a great coach. I think Joslin is a great coach. Both coaches have won their league repeatedly. against the teams put their by the TSSAA. Both have been to the third round once. Both have great overall records. So maybe, Coach Joslin was let go because of people like you. Expectations too high to repeatedly achieve. Maybe you can enlighten us with your expertise on all things Gallatin High School. Tell me about the complete lack of respect at Graduation ceremonies. What, one or two parents who yell when their kids names are called. Far from complete lack of respect. A student takes over a microphone and the principal handles it and yet you blame an administrator for attempting to maintain discipline.

What have the cheerleaders got to do with this? Can you tell us more about the cheerleading competition? There are about 20 different associations that you can win a national title, with about thirty categories in each association. How many people did they compete head to head with? I believe they did get recognition by the way. Newspaper, trophies, and a banner. But what does that have to do with any of this?

You say that it is easier to change loyalties than hope for a change. Then take the plunge. Lots of schools to choose from.

You say that you see what Gallatin High School is becoming; implying that it must be full of second-class people. Well if it is full of second-class people, I think that Lassiter should be commended for the ability to get them to play well and go 10-0 and win region titles. You want to complain and point fingers without even taking into consideration everything it takes to coach today. Here's my suggestion. I hope Lassiter stays and you go somewhere else. How will the program ever recover if you leave?

I've read your opinion and stated mine. That's all I have to say about that.

Parents are making conscience decisions to send their kids to other area schools. Many, many teachers have left over the last decade or so. Those are facts. I am not alone. I still have a special place in my heart for GHS, but that is based on memories. Not the realities of present day. When my daughter is ready for high school in a few years she will go to JPII or Davidson Academy. I live less than a mile from GHS mind you. I do not think that those who attend or send their kids to GHS are second class. I do, however, feel that I have an obligation to my children to put them in the best possible situation, and give them a chance to be successful. GHS is not the best opportunity in this area. not even close. Want a ranking of Sumner Schools by overall quality?

1. JPII

2. Merroll Hyde Magnet (Davidson once they are here)

3. Hendersonville

4. Station Camp

5. Beech

6. White House

7. Gallatin

8. Portland

9. St. John Vienny

10. the artist formerly known as College Heights

11. Westmoreland.

It doesn't have to be that way. But there is a complacency in Gallatin that wears on a lot of us. We are moving on....

Good luck to the kids of the Green Wave. My opinions are not meant to reflect poorly on you, but the decisions of adults charged with your instruction.

We were soundly beaten tonight by a faster and more experienced team. Final 28-14 and it wasn't that close. The buck sweeps and the fullback dive were unstoppable. Gallatin threw 3 picks and no consistancy on offense. Our saving grace may be that region 5-5a is a competetive but weak region. Mt Juliet we will see you for years to come but it won't be as easy as it was tonight.