Bearden VS Farragut

coach1076

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really fun game to watch. Farragut was starting to pull away in the second half when Martland threw back to back interceptions,that really killed alot of Farragut's momentum. Did anyone else think that the game was over officiated? Both theams had 9 penalties for close to 100yds each. I'm not claiming bias as things were even, but just way too many flags. Which ever official it is that stands in the defensive backfield, field judge maybe(?), called the Bearden RB for a cut block in the offensive backfield from at least 35 yds away, shouldn't he be watching for pass interference?. There was numerous pass interference calls from officials from across the field. Farragut had a personal foul for language...language???? there's one you don't see every day, especially in a close game. A Bearden LB, #42 was given a personal foul for punching( which I thought was an ejection foul ) a Farragut player. Now if the referee flagged him, then he obviously saw the punch, but no ejection????? Again I'm not saying the officiating was bias, just heavily overofficiated. Anyone else who saw this game feel this way?