Bearden VS Farragut

coach1076

hunter.. I am curious... Do you go to Farragut? I am trying to figure out if I knw you or not..

Of course the game is more important. I mean donating food to poor people is just dumb. Football is all that matters... I know winning the can drive doesn't get you a W, but you may not realize it used to be whoever lost the can drive won the game..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this matters, but I figured it could be a real possibility for Farragut seeing as how their only easy game the rest of the year is Soddy Daisy.. In '01 when Farragut lost to Bearden 49-42 in 2OTs Farragut failed to win a game the rest of the year....... they went 2-8.. I think it is very possible that they can go 3-7, maybe 4-6 if they lose the Bearden game. I know winning the game doesn't make the other games easier, but somehow it seems Farragut plays better if they beat Bearden. Maybe the pressure is off or something, but that is just my opinnion. It is still a rough road for them win or lose.

Here's how I see the keys to the game: on the surface it would appear to be a Sterling vs. Halliday match up. I think the better match up will be Farragut's ability to pass the ball vs. Bearden's ability to run the ball. Both Sterling and Halliday will make plays, as all great players do, so in a good match up you need players outside the norm to step up and make key plays to gain a victory. Both are very similar offensively, both run shotgun spread formations so no advantage to either team based on defensive alinement problems. Farragut relies on short passing game to open things up for Sterling. Bearden has a stronger vertical passing game. What player is going to step up and be a difference maker in the game?

If Bearden does not play better offensively than they did against DB, Farragut will win this game. Period. Halladay, and the receivers looked out of sync, and it was not like DB was throwing all sorts of variable fronts and coverages at them. Farragut will have their base, but will move, shift, stunt, and twist all over the front. Bearden's defense is pretty good, but they won't stop Sterling. Might contain him for less than 200, but won't stop him. With that Bearden's offense needs to generate points on pace with Farragut, or the Admirals will leverage the need to play "catch-up" on the part of Bearden into an blitz fest. Bearden had a laugher with Carter, a slight test with West, and was pushed more than they should have been by DB. IMO, they are not improving, but are stagnant. Something is off w/the Bulldogs. This is not the week for that. Farragut seems to be right where they should be, and IMO could run away with this one.

We know Farragut will beat Bearden, but what about when Farragut plays Soddy or McMinn? Soddy has been holding back their weapons. New kid just transferred in. I will take Soddy by 14 over Farragut. McMinn by 7.

im sorry but i just dont see how this is true bearden is much better team then both soddy and mcminn