BA vs Smyrna 2007

WarriorFan

smyrnas death has been greatly exaggerated

now you get a taste of how riverdale has been done by football fans across the states for years (win or loss)...i would suggest to do the same as us and make people swallow their words.

a 2 point loss last year and the whole world forgot we are defending region champs and have won 78 straight region contests

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"sorry but as much as you would like to see smyrna demoralized it isn't going to happen" - 82Cat

lol...I'm a junior and an athlete at SHS..why would I want my highschool football team to be demoralized? I want us to win this game because I'd hate to see what would happen if we lost. I support our football team 100%, but when I'm on here I give my honest opinion. When you see me in the pep rally's, games, I'm strictly a Smyrna fan and rooting for my HS. But sure, go ahead and believe that I want us to be demoralized, great response!

"sorry but as much as you would like to see smyrna demoralized it isn't going to happen" - 82Cat

lol...I'm a junior and an athlete at SHS..why would I want my highschool football team to be demoralized? I want us to win this game because I'd hate to see what would happen if we lost. I support our football team 100%, but when I'm on here I give my honest opinion. When you see me in the pep rally's, games, I'm strictly a Smyrna fan and rooting for my HS. But sure, go ahead and believe that I want us to be demoralized, great response!

not much of a true athlete if you think one non region game makes or breaks a season. good thing you don't play football. you are right on one thing. everyone has an opinion.

OK.......now we are in week 3......BA (3-0) just came off an impressive win at McCallie, and Smyrna (2-1) was upset by Lebanon. Is this the game to show who is the best in Middle TN? My pick is BA with a fast defense (possibly the best D that I have ever seen at BA) and an offense that has some serious talent. Nelson has really picked his game up over the last two weeks at QB. Skill positions look really good. I am looking forward to this game. I will be there early.

Oh....by the way......BA has beaten BOTH the 2006 DI 5A State Runner Up (Ravenwood) and the DII State Runner Up 3A Large School (McCallie) by a combined score of 49-6 in the past two weeks. Smyrna has beaten Brentwood High (0-2) and Siegel (1-2), and lost to Lebanon (2-0).

Did Smyrna lose many seniors from last years team? They don't seem to be playing to last years standards.

And regarding BA defeating Ravenwood, I believe Ravenwoods offensive line last year were seniors, meaning a bit of regrouping for them this year?

I'm not taking anything away fro BA, just trying to educate myself on what's up with the defending 5a champs and the runner up.

Smyrna lost a lot of really good players off of their team last year. They lost some very good lineman and both of their running backs. They also lost a lot of glue guys like Slater and Bolton who were essential to their success on D.

I've been saying for months now that their biggest loss would be Josh Crouch's graduation. He was the guy on their team that played with a swag and they are lacking that in their secondary right now. Add that to Josh Day's injury situation and you have a young, small, inexperienced defense that got exposed Friday.

With that said, I think that if Sonny can play (and that is in question a little bit), they will play better against BA, but that probably won't be good enough.

Smyrna lost a lot of really good players off of their team last year. They lost some very good lineman and both of their running backs. They also lost a lot of glue guys like Slater and Bolton who were essential to their success on D.

I've been saying for months now that their biggest loss would be Josh Crouch's graduation. He was the guy on their team that played with a swag and they are lacking that in their secondary right now. Add that to Josh Day's injury situation and you have a young, small, inexperienced defense that got exposed Friday.

With that said, I think that if Sonny can play (and that is in question a little bit), they will play better against BA, but that probably won't be good enough.

Any public school that plays a divisionII school is getting what they asked for.

Any public school that plays a divisionII school is getting what they asked for.

Please don't start anything runtheball. Smyrna and there program has reached the top why shouldn't they try to beat one of the best programs in the state. Remember they beat BA with O.J. Smith. Any division I school can beat a division II team so I hope that is what you are talking about.

It's not quite clear to me why BA is being touted as some almost supernaturally talented team. At this point, they aren't nearly as good as last year's team, IMO. Defensively, they have a chance to be if the secondary continues to improve. Offensively, they have a long ways to go, particularly in the passing game. You don't lose that many great athletes and bounce back as strong as ever...at least not right away. The Eagles are good, but very young. Next year and the year after, they will be dynamite!! They have a chance to be a special team this year as well, and I hope they become one. The schedule helps, with so many games against excellent teams.

Yes...a game against a talented, disciplined and well coached team. Yeah...who would want that??!!

not much of a true athlete if you think one non region game makes or breaks a season. good thing you don't play football. you are right on one thing. everyone has an opinion.

Not much of a true athlete? lol this is probably coming from someone who has never played a high school sport period. ANYWAYS: this game is very important for the spirit of the team, maybe not the record so much. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with someone over this I'll just state what I think.

This game is crucial to Smyrna's season in terms of confidence.

See you at the game =)

I don't think you guys are giving enough credit to the team that beat Smyrna... Lebanon is really going to turn some heads this year, and with that game in the books, it wouldn't suprise me if they went 10-0 in the regular season. Now having said that, I will say this. I had the priviledge of watching Smyrna play siegel and let me tell you... That offense is impressive. As to the "demoralized" topic. I wouldn't be so sure. Remember who Smyrna played in the championship last year? Ravenwood. Remember how they started their season off? 0-4 I believe. Could be wrong about that, but at first glance, they were abismal last year. BA, you guys need to look out... Smyrna's going to be bloodthirsty, and just from another 5A fan's perspective... We, at Gallatin, are not looking forward to seeing these guys come into town in week 5. I say Smyrna wins this one by 2-3 scores.