Cornersville at Mt. Pleasant

Big Bigby

My post was trash talk??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Take it on back to the LC thread, bozo. You might make some sense over there, but I doubt it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I second that 88.

Came to Tha Jungle 2-0 with visions of upset on there minds. Went back to the Dog house with tails between there legs from the whooping handed to them. Was never even close....... Onto Linden for the Vikings and hopefully 29 in a row.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mTp..........42

C-ville.......20

Final.

The dogs dug their holes tonight and the Tigers covered them up while they were in them. C-ville pretty much went backwards all night while the Tigers 1st D was in the game. Only points this better C-ville scored was a special teams run back on kick off return and when the 2nd and 3rd string D was in. This game was more of a blowout than what the score says.

Ju-Ju is the real deal. Layed some wood tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great job overall by all the Tigers playing, but we have got to get some discilpline and get rid of those yellow flags. /mellow.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />

42 points? OK Who wasn't trying? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

42 points? OK Who wasn't trying? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Marco...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I second that 88.

Came to Tha Jungle 2-0 with visions of upset on there minds.

Drink, Drank, Drunk a BIG ole glass of Tiger shut up juice and went home with their new 3D goggles on! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Served up by the mixer of the elixer WHolder himself. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

From what I have seen, Cornersville is about as good as they have ever been, and Mt. Pleasant isn't as good as they were last year. Unsure why Mt. P isn't better, they were supposed to be with the addition of the LB from Columbia Central. That said, they are still a good football team. I doubt Cornersville is in the game after the 1st quarter, as they don't have great team speed, but I believe Cornersville could challenge for a playoff spot. I saw them in the Marshall County jamboree and if they had left the first team in they would have beaten Loretto 35-0. They already beat CA and they will beat Zion and Perry County. They are good enough to beat Huntland. They always play Wayne County tough at home (and they probably won't mow the field to slow down WC). Moore County is also a beatable team for them. I don't see them beating Mt. P or Collinwood (I doubt Statom gets beat by the same offense he runs).

Mt. Pleasant 41

Cornersville 20

Some Mt. P fans may not have liked what I said, but I was pretty dang close on the score.

Some Mt. P fans may not have liked what I said, but I was pretty dang close on the score.

They scored two Tds in the 4th quarter on the second team defense. MP scored 14 in the first three qts. and took out the 1st team. MP outgained Cville 399 to 4 in the first half. Cville only scored on kickoff, never scored against 1st team D. It was 42-6 going into the 4th. Cville scored on the second team D twice. Also, MP had two 70 yard runs called back. This MP team is better than last year. Don't get me wrong, they aren't world beaters, but they are a very good football team. They will be a tough out for anybody in class A.

Just b/c they lost to the best Lewis Co. team ever doesn't mean they're down. They have more athetlicisim. They are more balanced. They can throw the ball to about 4 or 5 different guys. So I'd say your analysis is reasonable, but a little off. Daily doesn't have the ridiculous numbers, but the team is better /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They scored two Tds in the 4th quarter on the second team defense. MP scored 14 in the first three qts. and took out the 1st team. MP outgained Cville 399 to 4 in the first half. Cville only scored on kickoff, never scored against 1st team D. It was 42-6 going into the 4th. Cville scored on the second team D twice. Also, MP had two 70 yard runs called back. This MP team is better than last year. Don't get me wrong, they aren't world beaters, but they are a very good football team. They will be a tough out for anybody in class A.

Just b/c they lost to the best Lewis Co. team ever doesn't mean they're down. They have more athetlicisim. They are more balanced. They can throw the ball to about 4 or 5 different guys. So I'd say your analysis is reasonable, but a little off. Daily doesn't have the ridiculous numbers, but the team is better /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GREAT post...... Cornersville last TD was aganist mTp Freshmen

There is no doubt that MT. P has another good football team this year with an outstanding running back. I hope you all enjoy your time at the top because I think we all have to be realistic in that fact that you probably won't be there long, after graduation and reclassification. When your winning it is great, 80 plus players, boosters offering anything and everything, community support and front page headlines. I hope the Mt. Pleasant faithful stay just that, faithful, but don't get to cocky or that high horse your riding on now because it might bite you on the butt when you saddle back up for another run at #1.

There is no doubt that MT. P has another good football team this year with an outstanding running back. I hope you all enjoy your time at the top because I think we all have to be realistic in that fact that you probably won't be there long, after graduation and reclassification. When your winning it is great, 80 plus players, boosters offering anything and everything, community support and front page headlines. I hope the Mt. Pleasant faithful stay just that, faithful, but don't get to cocky or that high horse your riding on now because it might bite you on the butt when you saddle back up for another run at #1.

Wont be there long? You do realize MP has won the region 3 years in a row already.

Having 80 people on the football team does not mean you will be reclassified. Only way you move there is adding people to the school system not the team. You need do some more homework on that crazy dog. Looks like someone is jealous?

Can not beat, just talk bad about them. lol

Boosters offering anything and everything?? Heck I'm a booster and all I've been doing is asking for things. Money, food, more donations, help cooking, help selling programs, help selling hats and so on and so on. Exactly do you think the boosters are offering?

Boosters offering anything and everything?? Heck I'm a booster and all I've been doing is asking for things. Money, food, more donations, help cooking, help selling programs, help selling hats and so on and so on. Exactly do you think the boosters are offering?

All that Talk about Boosters offering anything and everything, high horses, Cocky and running at #1 has gotten me all excited over here. And the Paper is involved too? Who in Hel.... else is involved in this shi........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />