South vs Greeneville

EastTnFootball10

So Lets add rain to the mix and see how well phillips can throw the ball will we call him superman then

the thing about rain is it rains on both QB's so no one is at a real advantage. It it is a heavy rain then its going to be some hard nose running up the gut none of that dancing stuff.

barb is that the white gravy or the brown gravy?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, chill out.

Your 6th post is a little early to start jumping on someone with over 1500 posts, and well respected on here.

Anyway, Compusatman is right (this time, anyway). this thread is about the coming week's game and half of you Greeneville people are still arguing with each other about last week's game. Trust me, you have enough to worry about Friday night. Best circle the wagons and get ready.

That said, I wish good luck to the Devils, I'll be rooting for you.

The number of posts is not an indication of the quality or insight offered in posts.

I engaged in this debate earlier this season with Waco.

That said, I find many of Comp's posts very interesting and entertaining. He obviously has a kid playing who he is promoting.

BTW, don't assume too much for the Rebels this week. G'ville is very talented, they will be pointing for this game, and this is one of the games I circled on the South schedule for a possible loss.

the thing about rain is it rains on both QB's so no one is at a real advantage. It it is a heavy rain then its going to be some hard nose running up the gut none of that dancing stuff.

barb is that the white gravy or the brown gravy?

that would of course depend on the opponent

All I wonder is why are people dogging the Phillips kid? He can play, he has committed to Wisconsin and he leads a pretty good team in South. (Personally I have not seen them this year) However last season they were pretty good. Greeneville is an improved team, Daniel Boone still beat Greeneville and has actually owned them over the past few years. I am a Greeneville fan and pull for them however I still don't like to see people get on here and get on players whether it be Phillips, Wattad, Wiggins just to name a few who have taken a lot on here. It might be different if these kids got on here and tooted their own horn talking about how good they are but I don't think that is the case. Anyway I hope this is a good game, I really feel it will be just because usually they are tight games between these two programs. Good luck to both but lets hope the Devils can pull an upset in their home opener.

Never a question of backing our team but this idjit 07devilturnaround is on here advertising his stupidity and the next thing you know bucdaddio or some overly sensitive South fan will start their whole "you devil fans don't respect us" crap. Just trying to nip it in the bud. Greeneville's offense really stunk it up @ Boone.Couldn't stay on the field long enough to rest their over-worked defense. They have managed to put 30 whole points in the last 3 games. Their defense has been fairly good against the run from a scoring standpoint,at only surrendering 35 points, but is yet untested against a passing game of this caliber. To say Greeneville will " put a stop to South's big time QB" is moronic and I would prefer it stick to the person who made it and not get pinned on " you Greeneville fans". As far as the "round-ones" crack...are you implying I am fat?...I might be old and crippled Cap, but I'm not round.

Barb- were you at the Boone game? Greeneville's offense had 240 yards, 3 drives with 9 plays or more. Yes, we had 2 picks and 6 drops (4 of which were on 3rd down). When you load your defense with most of the talent(defense needs to get their self off the field, if they had at Boone the Greeneville offense may have had 500 yards of offense...that probably would not have been enough for you) and put in a new offense, it takes some time!!!! GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!

All I wonder is why are people dogging the Phillips kid? He can play, he has committed to Wisconsin and he leads a pretty good team in South. (Personally I have not seen them this year) However last season they were pretty good. Greeneville is an improved team, Daniel Boone still beat Greeneville and has actually owned them over the past few years. I am a Greeneville fan and pull for them however I still don't like to see people get on here and get on players whether it be Phillips, Wattad, Wiggins just to name a few who have taken a lot on here. It might be different if these kids got on here and tooted their own horn talking about how good they are but I don't think that is the case. Anyway I hope this is a good game, I really feel it will be just because usually they are tight games between these two programs. Good luck to both but lets hope the Devils can pull an upset in their home opener.

Jealousy for the most part. Almost everyone in this area knows who Curt is - even people unfamiliar with Sullivan South. He's had that bullseye on his back for about three years now. The fact that he is a great player and he's going to Wisconsin tends to cloud people's judgment. They think he's the only playmaker on the team.

Barb- were you at the Boone game? Greeneville's offense had 240 yards, 3 drives with 9 plays or more. Yes, we had 2 picks and 6 drops (4 of which were on 3rd down). When you load your defense with most of the talent(defense needs to get their self off the field, if they had at Boone the Greeneville offense may have had 500 yards of offense...that probably would not have been enough for you) and put in a new offense, it takes some time!!!! GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!

You should probably read a few of my subsequent posts before you start spewing. I was at the Boone game and I have seen the stats. 3 drives of 9 plays or more and less than 16 minutes TOP....14 for 31 passing...doesn't exactly rest the defense.I believe I have stated that the D did not get the stops on 3rd or 4th down. Yes Greenway put together a couple of good drives and they should have put points on the board....but Boone just flat ate the clock when they had the ball and wore out the Greeneville D. Most of the 35 pts Greeneville gave up over the last 3 games have been in the 2nd and 4th quarter when the D is winded. We need to get the running game going if we are going to get this overworked defense the rest they need. Look at the cumulative stats for Greeneville's offense and it paints a pretty good picture of what needs to happen to beat South.

http://greenevillefootball.com/statistics/2007gamebygame.htm

Still have a light drizzle in Greeneville. Unless we get a down pour the field should be in good shape.

GO DEVILS

Is it green or brown? If it's green then the root base will still be resilient and support hard cuts. If it is brown then the root base will be compromised and will break loose under duress. I'm assuming it is Bermuda.