A lenoir city winning streek?

lcpanther67

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What needs to be done so LC can win?

Where do we start??? I think that we do have athletes on the team but they haven't been coached in the 4 years they have been there. Seniors on the line are huge but haven't got much better, no coaching!! 3 years ago it was an honor to be a freshmen and to get chosen to dress out for maybe the last 2 games. Now we have tons of Freshmen dressing out to make it look like we have lots of players. Fact is, it's going to get worse before it gets better. The entire offensive and defensive lines are graduating. Satterfield and Edwards also are gone. I see 0-10 next year.

Giving up that many yards and points is a sign of not rotating players and playing the SAME players both ways. If you watch these kids by the end of the first quarter they are winded and tired. So by the second half the LC kids are so tired and frustrated they are at loss. The coach's have to realize that THEY have to substitue players to keep fresh legs in the game.

Giving up that many yards and points is a sign of not rotating players and playing the SAME players both ways. If you watch these kids by the end of the first quarter they are winded and tired. So by the second half the LC kids are so tired and frustrated they are at loss. The coach's have to realize that THEY have to substitue players to keep fresh legs in the game.

Man oh man!!! That's what I'm saying but do any of the coaches listen, no way!!!! If we lost to AC I really believe we will go 0-10 and 0-10 next year also. What's bad is, we have several dedicated Seniors that hate to lose and even a couple could play some college ball. Small college but still better than nothing.

Where do we start??? I think that we do have athletes on the team but they haven't been coached in the 4 years they have been there. Seniors on the line are huge but haven't got much better, no coaching!! 3 years ago it was an honor to be a freshmen and to get chosen to dress out for maybe the last 2 games. Now we have tons of Freshmen dressing out to make it look like we have lots of players. Fact is, it's going to get worse before it gets better. The entire offensive and defensive lines are graduating. Satterfield and Edwards also are gone. I see 0-10 next year.

Coaching? You honestly think that is all it takes to win a ballgame? How about TALENT? How about some leadership from Senoirs? As far as this season goes, as a TRUE fan of Lenoir City, one must realize the YOUTH of this team. Such as, EIGHT sophomores starting against Powell. These kids are 15 years old, never played in a middle school program (which would eliminate the Coaches having to teach them the basics during practice and get on to the REAL dynamics of the game) and they have NO support from the COMMUNITY other than to ridicule them in every aspect. The people who come to the games want to sit in the stands and analyze every play, every move, every kid that is put in to play. The only thing that the people in the stands should be doing is cheering (supporting) these kids as they get out there and give it their all. What most do not understand is that the Coaches can't put on a suit and get out there and do it for them. The only thing that can happen is for the YOUNG player to do what he is instructed to do and to do it to the best of their ability. Talent is given, NOT TAUGHT or LEARNED. The coaching staff at LC are knowledgeable in their positions. But, if the talent isn't there, it just isn't there. 4-A is tough...and the only reason why they are in this region is because of the number of students enrolled at the school. It is sad, because most people don't even know that. There is nothing at that school to want the "athletes" to come out for Football, basketball or baseball. Look at the facilities, the stadium, the gym..the fields...there is NOTHING that attracts the kids to the sports. If FOOTBALL is such a priority in the town of LC then why doesn't anyone (Schoolboard) step up to the plate and get the programs moving in the right direction. The first direction would be to have a MIDDLE SCHOOL team like every other NORMAL 4-A school in the region. The kids in these other schools have been supported from the little leagues all the way up and that is why they are so productive. If the little league in LC would play the teams like Blount, Knox...etc. and get on the same page as the high school (or if they had a middle school program) then there would more likely be progress for the program. I disagree that the teams in the last four years have NOT been coached. That is a joke. Those kids get more than coaching than they would ever realize , they get dedication from a group of men that support their players. But, only nine supporting 50 or so kids can't cut it...they need it from a higher group (the school board and other administration) and TRUE FANS. LC may NOT win a game this season, but those kids who are dedicated to the game and still have the support of their coaches will have learned a life lesson...WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING.

Yes 4A is tough, but getting embarassed by a 2A and 3A teams is even tougher. Let the Maryville coach or Powell or any other team in this region go 4-6 then 1-9 and then start a season like this team has and see how supportive their fans are. I have always said this coaching staff knows football, and I don't doubt they are as dedicated as any staff around, but losing records are losing records. It just doesn't add up when the 8th grade teams can go undefeated for a few years straight and the freshmen teams can't even score. We don't have middle school ball that is true, but we have a fine little league that always has lots of players. You can't tell me these boys forget how to play ball in one summer.

Yes 4A is tough, but getting embarassed by a 2A and 3A teams is even tougher. Let the Maryville coach or Powell or any other team in this region go 4-6 then 1-9 and then start a season like this team has and see how supportive their fans are. I have always said this coaching staff knows football, and I don't doubt they are as dedicated as any staff around, but losing records are losing records. It just doesn't add up when the 8th grade teams can go undefeated for a few years straight and the freshmen teams can't even score. We don't have middle school ball that is true, but we have a fine little league that always has lots of players. You can't tell me these boys forget how to play ball in one summer.

Yes, I agree that the Little League have lots of players, but they are still missing the structure of a "school system athlectic program" when they don't have a middle school program to learn by. When they get into high school and there are more guidelines to go by it is different than just playing for your local league. This system will hopefully realize one day that a Little League program can still function even if there is a middle school team.