A lenoir city winning streek?

lcpanther67

Preach it "lcfootball". This is what I hear time and again from players. Nobody respects them because they don't tell the truth. One kid said that if the coach tells you something, you can bet the "exact opposite will happen."

How excited can some of the younger players be when alot of guys during practice are starters yet sit during practice because they are needed on Friday. If the coaches don't turn this around very quickly they will lose the upcoming players for next year. Why would you play all these so-called great younger players on Friday night and then turn right around and play them the entire or most of the jv game. The guys that look forward to playing in that game were kicked to the curb and they will be the ones that don't go out next year. White actually was at the freshman game, must be worried. Thing is, meyers needs to be there with him.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How excited can some of the younger players be when alot of guys during practice are starters yet sit during practice because they are needed on Friday. If the coaches don't turn this around very quickly they will lose the upcoming players for next year. Why would you play all these so-called great younger players on Friday night and then turn right around and play them the entire or most of the jv game. The guys that look forward to playing in that game were kicked to the curb and they will be the ones that don't go out next year. White actually was at the freshman game, must be worried. Thing is, meyers needs to be there with him.

OK boys this is how it is, if you miss practice you will sit out Friday, period, no exceptions, unless of course we need you, or I like you, or your parents are really nice (or whine, pick one and insert it), or my job is on the line, or you had a good game last week and I mean it!

OK boys this is how it is, if you miss practice you will sit out Friday, period, no exceptions, unless of course we need you, or I like you, or your parents are really nice (or whine, pick one and insert it), or my job is on the line, or you had a good game last week and I mean it!

I love it!!! At least someone else has caught on, you go LC Football!!!

What needs to be done so LC can win?

OK folks, let's get to the basics. I don't have a son on the team, so maybe I can speak with less emotion. There is plenty of blame to go around. It is easy to blame lack of talent, adminstration, or the coaches. All are factors. However, the head coach is responsible for all that the PROGRAM accomplishes or fails to accomplish.

First, the administration. If the coach is trying to discipline players and the administration is not allowing it, then have the moral courage to stand up and do something about. If you are a leader of young men, you must be willing to show courage of conviction. If the coach is failing to discipline due to fear of losing a star player, then again, lack of moral courage. Example, team policy says if a player is punished in detetion hall, they will not start and lose playing time. During the game at Powell, a starter had D Hall twice during the previous week. He was held out the FIRST play of the game so he would not start, but then played the rest of the game. What was the lesson taught by the coaches. Did the coaches fear losing a star player so much that they comprised their own rules and their on honor?

Next coaches. The head coach builds his own staff. He is not assigned coaches. However, many coaches may not have the skills needed to effective coach and teach players. If not, train them. They should dedicate themselves to self improve to the same extent they ask the players. Reading, clinics, seminars...etc. They must learn their craft. If summer workouts are "mandatory" for players, then educaiton must be mandaory for coaches.

Talent. You do not get the good fortune to recruit talent in High School. You must develop it. Good coaches take average players and make them good and good player to be great. By playing just your good players, you never develop depth and young players quit. A good way to measure a program is not just the players that come in the front door, but why those go out the back door.

Parents. Most parents will never complain if they feel coaches are honest to them and their kids. All they are looking for is a coach which allows players the opportunity to demonstrate their talents fairly. I know there are some that will never be satisfied, but most will fall in line if coaches are honest. Parents are great allies and can help coaches with discipline, raise money, work with the community, and numerious things to help build the program. Great coaches not only motivate players, but inspire parents. Coach Fulmer often says that when recruiting a player, he FIRST recruits the parents. Parents want to be part of the kids life, and great coaches have great relationships with parents. I do not understand this attitude that many young coaches have that parents are the enemy.

LC needs to look at the heart and soul of the program. The LC coaching staff has lost the faith of many parents, adminstrators, players, and themselves. They have comprimised their honor as men. Their word is not always their bond. Players, parents, administrators, nor the community desire to be part of a program that fails to build the character of their kids.

If you need a good example, just look up the raod to Bruce Pearl. He built a program, not just a team. He talked to parents, students, fans, and the players. He got them to buy into his program, not his wins and loses. They all feel part of something bigger than themselves. He develops players, not just on the court, but off the court. He takes interst in their school work, homelife, and well being as men. The LC coaches should take several pages from his system.

LC is not a lost cause. The head coach is the leader. He must display leadership to restore faith, even in the face of defeat. Identify the shortcomings of the program, build consensus, and act with honor and integrity. Remember, the highest building in the world, must first dig deep and build a sound foundation.

Well put Maxi6. The only thing is that most of the coaching staff does not have a clue. One of the assistant coaches has even threatened and cussed the kids and he is supposed to be a youth minister. If that is the case I DO NOT want my kids attending his church. Having coached football before and seeing a player cuss a coach and tell him he quits and walks off the field, then comes back the next day and practices tells me the coach IS afraid of saying anything. He puts out all these list of rules and never abides by them. How can these kids trust and have faith in a coach like this? There is alot of talent on this team just waiting to bust at the seams and with a little coaching from a staff that believes in them they could salvage this season in some fashion. But as long as certain coach's are still on the staff it will never happen and LC will not win and extend their losing streak which dating back to last year is now at 11 straight losses.

Next coaches. The head coach builds his own staff. He is not assigned coaches.

Not true. Assistant coaches are hired by the school, or county. The head coach doesn't always get who he wants, but rather who the school is willing to hire. When there's a teaching position open the head coach can request that the school hire a teacher that is also a football coach, but ultimately the school makes the decision, not the head coach. I know nothing about the politics of the LC school system, but if the posts on here are correct about no support from the school administration, then the hiring of a teacher with football coaching experience is probably low on the priority list.

OK folks, let's get to the basics. I don't have a son on the team, so maybe I can speak with less emotion. There is plenty of blame to go around. It is easy to blame lack of talent, adminstration, or the coaches. All are factors. However, the head coach is responsible for all that the PROGRAM accomplishes or fails to accomplish.

First, the administration. If the coach is trying to discipline players and the administration is not allowing it, then have the moral courage to stand up and do something about. If you are a leader of young men, you must be willing to show courage of conviction. If the coach is failing to discipline due to fear of losing a star player, then again, lack of moral courage. Example, team policy says if a player is punished in detetion hall, they will not start and lose playing time. During the game at Powell, a starter had D Hall twice during the previous week. He was held out the FIRST play of the game so he would not start, but then played the rest of the game. What was the lesson taught by the coaches. Did the coaches fear losing a star player so much that they comprised their own rules and their on honor?

Next coaches. The head coach builds his own staff. He is not assigned coaches. However, many coaches may not have the skills needed to effective coach and teach players. If not, train them. They should dedicate themselves to self improve to the same extent they ask the players. Reading, clinics, seminars...etc. They must learn their craft. If summer workouts are "mandatory" for players, then educaiton must be mandaory for coaches.

Talent. You do not get the good fortune to recruit talent in High School. You must develop it. Good coaches take average players and make them good and good player to be great. By playing just your good players, you never develop depth and young players quit. A good way to measure a program is not just the players that come in the front door, but why those go out the back door.

Parents. Most parents will never complain if they feel coaches are honest to them and their kids. All they are looking for is a coach which allows players the opportunity to demonstrate their talents fairly. I know there are some that will never be satisfied, but most will fall in line if coaches are honest. Parents are great allies and can help coaches with discipline, raise money, work with the community, and numerious things to help build the program. Great coaches not only motivate players, but inspire parents. Coach Fulmer often says that when recruiting a player, he FIRST recruits the parents. Parents want to be part of the kids life, and great coaches have great relationships with parents. I do not understand this attitude that many young coaches have that parents are the enemy.

LC needs to look at the heart and soul of the program. The LC coaching staff has lost the faith of many parents, adminstrators, players, and themselves. They have comprimised their honor as men. Their word is not always their bond. Players, parents, administrators, nor the community desire to be part of a program that fails to build the character of their kids.

If you need a good example, just look up the raod to Bruce Pearl. He built a program, not just a team. He talked to parents, students, fans, and the players. He got them to buy into his program, not his wins and loses. They all feel part of something bigger than themselves. He develops players, not just on the court, but off the court. He takes interst in their school work, homelife, and well being as men. The LC coaches should take several pages from his system.

LC is not a lost cause. The head coach is the leader. He must display leadership to restore faith, even in the face of defeat. Identify the shortcomings of the program, build consensus, and act with honor and integrity. Remember, the highest building in the world, must first dig deep and build a sound foundation.

Way to go maxi6!!

Well put Maxi6. The only thing is that most of the coaching staff does not have a clue. One of the assistant coaches has even threatened and cussed the kids and he is supposed to be a youth minister. If that is the case I DO NOT want my kids attending his church. Having coached football before and seeing a player cuss a coach and tell him he quits and walks off the field, then comes back the next day and practices tells me the coach IS afraid of saying anything. He puts out all these list of rules and never abides by them. How can these kids trust and have faith in a coach like this? There is alot of talent on this team just waiting to bust at the seams and with a little coaching from a staff that believes in them they could salvage this season in some fashion. But as long as certain coach's are still on the staff it will never happen and LC will not win and extend their losing streak which dating back to last year is now at 11 straight losses.

O.k. we all know it`s bad at LC (coaching staff, administation, etc.) What can the parents, family members and fans do about it so we can salvage this season? Or is there anything we can do? Does the whole coaching staff and administraion need to be gone so LC can win a game or two?

O.k. we all know it`s bad at LC (coaching staff, administation, etc.) What can the parents, family members and fans do about it so we can salvage this season? Or is there anything we can do? Does the whole coaching staff and administraion need to be gone so LC can win a game or two?

Win? I 'd just like to score first! After reading all this I can't figure out if the coaches get to much support from the administration or not enough. We as parents, fans etc can tell these boys that we know things look bad, but we support them everyway we can and will do what we can to help them. If they ask for something we can supply or help with, we have to do it. We must show these players that they are appreciated for all they do and that we are very proud of them no matter what. We can fuss all we want about this situation, but we can't lose sight that there are YOUNG men out there and we must remind them we are there for them. Telling them they don't work hard enough, aren't good enough or whatever is worse than anything I can think of. It's hard playing football period, when you lose a lot, it's harder, when you lose and everybody fusses about the coaches, administration and everything else it's even harder. I commend these young men for working hard and giving their all every Friday (and some on Monday) night. Win lose or draw, I will always be a Panther, and will always cheer for my LCHS Panthers! Go Panthers!

DONE

Win? I 'd just like to score first! After reading all this I can't figure out if the coaches get to much support from the administration or not enough. We as parents, fans etc can tell these boys that we know things look bad, but we support them everyway we can and will do what we can to help them. If they ask for something we can supply or help with, we have to do it. We must show these players that they are appreciated for all they do and that we are very proud of them no matter what. We can fuss all we want about this situation, but we can't lose sight that there are YOUNG men out there and we must remind them we are there for them. Telling them they don't work hard enough, aren't good enough or whatever is worse than anything I can think of. It's hard playing football period, when you lose a lot, it's harder, when you lose and everybody fusses about the coaches, administration and everything else it's even harder. I commend these young men for working hard and giving their all every Friday (and some on Monday) night. Win lose or draw, I will always be a Panther, and will always cheer for my LCHS Panthers! Go Panthers!

DONE

I agree with everythingthat has been stated. I hope we win Friday night and maybe things will slowly start to turn around. But then I think back to why oh why is Jeremy Coleman allowed to rejoin the team, oh I forgot he is one of the main studs. Back in the day if you cussed a coach, left the team for any reason you were gone and you knew you would never see the field again. Maybe I should tell mine to tell the coaches he's quitting and going to Loudon, maybe he'll see the field more. Not getting on you , just stating the facts.