A lenoir city winning streek?

lcpanther67

Here is your eight Sophomores that started Friday Night. Cratty,Weatherly,Pardue,Pratt,Thomas,Craig,Johnson and Courtney. Well, you could say nine...Cook (kicker). I would think you don't just get to play b/c you are on the team, one would think you would have to "earn" your position just like any other sport. So, senoirs that are on the sidelines may not have worked as hard as those eight sophomores that started. Bottom line, as stated many times, until the Football program gets past the ignorance of parents, community, and administration (including schoolboard) the program will remain as it is. I would understand if LC had always been a powerhouse in Football, where do you get these expectations?

Are you crazy? Those senoirs have worked hard from day one! But that doesn`t matter. I agree you should have to earn your position and how could a sophmore have done that already? It`s very obvious that they are not these great players because if they were we would have at least scored!! Why not try something else it couldn`t hurt!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what is keeping Lenior City from winning football games because I am not from around nor am I at practice every day watching everything that happens. However, I know for a fact it is not the coaching or coaching schemes. Just from watching LC play in the past few years the offense they run is very very similar to many great football teams like for example.... Maryville. I was at the LC maryville game two years ago and I saw many of the same plays ran against eachother. I promise you Coach knows his stuff. Plus he is a great role model for teenage kids. As for the winning goes, I think its a litle more commitment that it needed from the players. JMO though like I said I do not have the answer.

If we take Maryville off the schedule, then LC still gets whipped week in and week out (and has for years) by teams that DO NOT have a middle school team so I don't really believe that would fix anything.

Well it must be the kids, let's just face reality. They all go to practice, lift weights all Summer long, go to camps but hmmmmm let me see, they just don't care. They go to the games , stand around and tell the other team while at the line," hey, grab the ball, score a touchdown and blow us out 41-0. Be real!!! I think White can coach and maybe a couple others but some are never going to gain respect from the kids because they don't stick to what they preach. All of this complaining is hilarious because we are still losing week in and week out. Why don't you try coaching again, you know everything!!!

Yes, I agree that the Little League have lots of players, but they are still missing the structure of a "school system athlectic program" when they don't have a middle school program to learn by. When they get into high school and there are more guidelines to go by it is different than just playing for your local league. This system will hopefully realize one day that a Little League program can still function even if there is a middle school team.

Go Panthers

About 70% of the students in the High School come from the North Middle School which is a county school (there is no county high school on this end of the county). If the LC school system wants to establish a middle school team there will be very slim pickens to start with. Now with all all the budget fights there is in the county school board already, I don't see them funding a football team to help LCHS (a city school). If somewhere down the road, a county high school is built (which it is suppose to be), then maybe a middle school team could be established at the county middle school. Right now, with the numbers I have heard, I would say that LC Middle is somewhere on the 1A to 2A level of for as size comperision and would put them playing Vonore, Greenback, Loudon etc like they do now, not Maryville or Powell or Central or any of the other teams that the high school plays.

All of North Middle's athletes, regardless of sport, funnel into Lenoir City High, with the exception of a couple here and there. If North wants to establish a football program, and I hear that they do, they will just do it. School board support (money) doesn't fund any sport at the school. The parents and the PTO and gate revenues do.

The one and only reason Lenoir City can't compete in football is that the coaches are not allowed to hold the athletes accountable due to the lack of support from the administration. A couple of years ago, a parent went whining to that bafoon of a superintendent that Coach White and his staff were actually making off season workouts and conditioning segments mandatory. Well, what did the superintendent do about the complaints? Did he A) Support the coaching staff in trying to build a winning program; or did he Cower to the parent with the loudest bark. You guessed it.

I wonder what the administration at Maryville thinks about off - season workouts? I bet Maryville's coaching staff lets their players come and go as they please during the off season. I'll bet they even have cupcakes and brownies at some of their workouts to celebrate all those championships. Get real people. You get what you deserve. LC's program don't work hard. And it's not because the coaches don't know how to work. They are not allowed to.

Beyond the idiot superintendent you have a principal that thinks the kids are working too hard as it is. If I was the leader of a school whose football team was headed for 0-10, I dang sure wouldn't be telling the coaches they are pushing the kids too hard. Of course you never know how much trickle effect comes from the top. I'm a firm believer that the cheif's priorities can be seen on full display in that vocational school while the athletic facilities are crumbling all around it.

I will not attend another Lenoir City athletic function until the "I Could Care Less About Athletics or Whether They Win or Lose" superintendent is ousted. You want a winning program. Get some leadership that cares about athletics, not woodshop.

The one and only reason Lenoir City can't compete in football is that the coaches are not allowed to hold the athletes accountable due to the lack of support from the administration. A couple of years ago, a parent went whining to that bafoon of a superintendent that Coach White and his staff were actually making off season workouts and conditioning segments mandatory. Well, what did the superintendent do about the complaints? Did he A) Support the coaching staff in trying to build a winning program; or did he Cower to the parent with the loudest bark. You guessed it.

I wonder what the administration at Maryville thinks about off - season workouts? I bet Maryville's coaching staff lets their players come and go as they please during the off season. I'll bet they even have cupcakes and brownies at some of their workouts to celebrate all those championships. Get real people. You get what you deserve. LC's program don't work hard. And it's not because the coaches don't know how to work. They are not allowed to.

Beyond the idiot superintendent you have a principal that thinks the kids are working too hard as it is. If I was the leader of a school whose football team was headed for 0-10, I dang sure wouldn't be telling the coaches they are pushing the kids too hard. Of course you never know how much trickle effect comes from the top. I'm a firm believer that the cheif's priorities can be seen on full display in that vocational school while the athletic facilities are crumbling all around it.

I will not attend another Lenoir City athletic function until the "I Could Care Less About Athletics or Whether They Win or Lose" superintendent is ousted. You want a winning program. Get some leadership that cares about athletics, not woodshop.

Coach White himself told the boys this summer that according to the TSSAA guidelines, no off season workout can be mandatory, but I am the one who makes the starting lineup. Sounds like a coach making mandatory workouts would be a bad thing in the eyes of the TSSAA.

QUOTE(lcfootball @ Sep 11 2007 - 12:20 PM)

If we take Maryville off the schedule, then LC still gets whipped week in and week out (and has for years) by teams that DO NOT have a middle school team so I don't really believe that would fix anything.

Well it must be the kids, let's just face reality. They all go to practice, lift weights all Summer long, go to camps but hmmmmm let me see, they just don't care. They go to the games , stand around and tell the other team while at the line," hey, grab the ball, score a touchdown and blow us out 41-0. Be real!!! I think White can coach and maybe a couple others but some are never going to gain respect from the kids because they don't stick to what they preach. All of this complaining is hilarious because we are still losing week in and week out. Why don't you try coaching again, you know everything!!!

Why are you quoting me? My kid is one of the ones you are speaking of! I don't believe for an instant it is the kids. I was responding to the previous poster who said it must be because we don't have a middle school program.

Are you crazy? Those senoirs have worked hard from day one! But that doesn`t matter. I agree you should have to earn your position and how could a sophmore have done that already? It`s very obvious that they are not these great players because if they were we would have at least scored!! Why not try something else it couldn`t hurt!!

i would say that if a coach who's job is probably at risk had a tallented junior or senoir that was committed to playing the game, he would not leave the young man sitting on the sidelines. I guess the coach would be playing the kids that he thought gave him the best shot at winning and saving his job.

And another thing to think about while you are spouting wisdom, just because the summer workouts were not mondatory, doesn't mean no one came. They had very good attendence all summer only taking the two week dead period around July 4th week as mandated by the TSSAA rules. These kids are as dedicated as a bunch of players anywhere including Maryville.