FCS @ Clay County

That's what happens when you stick ( HIT ) people with the ball. They want to crawl up under a rock. Rickaway is a great runner..but he's like most if you hit them they shy away. While watching the replay Clay Co. DEE was popping him pretty good and he wasn't running it up in there like he normally would.

I made a comment about coach Brown going for it on 4th down in an earlier post. It was no doubt a gutsy call. But I think he figured if I punt it FCS gets it on his 30 or it could have been blocked or whatever if we don't make it what's 20 yards. After all the DEE is popping them pretty good. But what if they make the first down. Momentum stays with Clay. That's just my evaluation..and I am in no way an a authority on football...but I was just trying to figure his logic which I think is right on. What did Clay Co. have to lose. They wasn't even supposed to be in the game especially the way FCS beat them in previous years.

You couldn't have caught them at a better time coach but the news spreads fast. TC..Watertown..GV..and Monterey won't get caght with their britches down. But what else is new I'm sure you have been there and done that before. Good Luck to you and the players.

Yah, you got that last word. Can we just let it go now? FCS has another opponent that is capable of beating them comming up that they need to focus on. Clay County needs to focus on their next opponent as well. Good game, way to go, hip hip hooray all that crap.... just both sides move on.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, you got that last word. Can we just let it go now? FCS has another opponent that is capable of beating them comming up that they need to focus on. Clay County needs to focus on their next opponent as well. Good game, way to go, hip hip hooray all that crap.... just both sides move on.

Well I don't guess you have to read or respond to any of this. But I enjoy talking football. After all this was a big step for Clay Co. players ..fans and coaches. Back in the day Celina football was always among the best around. For the past few years their program has dropped off tremendously. I hate it for you that Clay Co. didn't lay down to the almighty FCS program that you think is so grand.

BTW I'm sure the people of Clay Co. that are around football really appreciates the great compliment you gave them. Yeah Yeah everybody in the Region knows that Clay Co. is not a mercy rule team. Blah Blah Blah

Just like this post Hip Hip Hooray and all that crap ...I wish Clay Co. had beat yo uall just because of fans like you.

WHAT.....either you're kin to him or you weren't at the game.......how bout the 2 fumbles inside the 10 yd line...one for a clay co TD.....and if the Clay Co. coach hadn't gone for 1st down on his side of the 50 the momentum would STILL be with his team and FC would have a big ole "L"......that was brilliant

rickaway has a broken pinky and at half time clay county had 3 yards total and at the end of the game they ended up with about 42 yards so they clay county runners had trouble with our defense. everything that couldve gone wrong went wrong especially when the ball hit the fcs player in the head. and your sayin if they had gotten that first down then they wouldve have ended up winnin??? the score was 41-25 theres no way one little first down couldve have gotten them the momentum to win

rickaway has a broken pinky and at half time clay county had 3 yards total and at the end of the game they ended up with about 42 yards so they clay county runners had trouble with our defense. everything that couldve gone wrong went wrong especially when the ball hit the fcs player in the head. and your sayin if they had gotten that first down then they wouldve have ended up winnin??? the score was 41-25 theres no way one little first down couldve have gotten them the momentum to win

Actually, Clay county finished the game with a little over 140 total yards, but that is besides the point.

There is no point at all in arguing with Juicy. He is right and everyone else is wrong. FCS was clearly over-rated and got lucky in this game, in fact they must have paid the referee's at halftime just so they could pull this game out in the bitter end. Clay County should have beat them, Heck Ezell should have beat them. I don't understand why they are even ranked in the top five, i can think of 5 teams better than them in their region alone... It is so clear, why can't everyone see it?

Actually, Clay county finished the game with a little over 140 total yards, but that is besides the point.

Innocent bystander here, but it is hard to @@@@ up a bunch of yards when you are given the short field a lot of times. Heck, if I read correctly, they got one touchdown without gaining a single yard. Total yardage can be misleading sometimes, not saying it is so in this case. Congratulations Clay County on the improvement. Long over due.

And the best for last Smith Co. Why don't you all play them ?? I believe they would take you guys to the wood shed for a good whipping. But we will never find out will we.

They have played four times and FCA is 0-4. In those four meetings (1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002) FCA was outscored by SC 117-17. Needless to say that they do not play anymore.

WHAT.....either you're kin to him or you weren't at the game.......how bout the 2 fumbles inside the 10 yd line...one for a clay co TD.....and if the Clay Co. coach hadn't gone for 1st down on his side of the 50 the momentum would STILL be with his team and FC would have a big ole "L"......that was brilliant

WHAT....actually the clay co TD was a safety watch the film. One fumble ok... but one fumble to four touchdown ratio ill take it and those four touchdowns equals 28 points which defeats clay co. rickaway alone having twice the yards as the entire clat co offense all together and thats fighting cramps you do the math! He is a great back maybe you should had watched the game. And glad you can predict the outcome of a game based on a single play NO....FC has a big "W" because they didnt give up and found a way to win... thats what good football teams do!