McMinn -vs- Cleveland

TribeFan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much interest in this one as in years past. A very mediocre raider team against a one man offense at McMinn. Both coaches better hope their plan "B" is better than their plan "A". Whoever makes adjustments to the overall game plan will have a successful year. Otherwise a 4th place finish is the best either will do in their regions!

The Cleveland team has disappointed me so far this season and after the loss to Brainerd i see us going to Maryville in Rd. 1 of the playoffs, unless we could run the table rest of the region games, but with games at Rhea and at Red Bank, that doesnt look all that possible. But we do have to win atleast one of those games on the road. and I have yet to congradulate Brainerd on the win, so if there are any panther fans reading Congradulations! You guys dominated us from start to finish.As for McMinn, Cleveland has to contain Johnson and his recievers, the Cleveland Defense has to play alot better containing him than they did the Brainerd QB. McMinn is a dangerous team, and I got them winning 24-17...i just hope I'm wrong

I honestly dont see how Cleveland is going to keep up with McMinn. But from what I remember, last year it was the same way. McMinn should have easily beat Cleveland but didnt. So you really cant count cleveland out. McMinn has a bad problem with turning the ball over. Shouldnt be a very close game but it prolly will be.

mcminn is a much better team this year than last, mcminn by 14 if their special teams play well and dont give up big returns. GO OWLS!

The Cleveland team has disappointed me so far this season and after the loss to Brainerd i see us going to Maryville in Rd. 1 of the playoffs, unless we could run the table rest of the region games, but with games at Rhea and at Red Bank, that doesnt look all that possible. But we do have to win atleast one of those games on the road. and I have yet to congradulate Brainerd on the win, so if there are any panther fans reading Congradulations! You guys dominated us from start to finish.As for McMinn, Cleveland has to contain Johnson and his recievers, the Cleveland Defense has to play alot better containing him than they did the Brainerd QB. McMinn is a dangerous team, and I got them winning 24-17...i just hope I'm wrong

I know its early but just a prediction. After seeing Rhea Co, they will beat Cleveland by 28 easy.

I know its early but just a prediction. After seeing Rhea Co, they will beat Cleveland by 28 easy.

Those are big words. That is always a big rivalry game I believe and it may be closer than you think, but from what I've hear Rhea's lines are dominate.

Anyways....this week: I think Cleveland bounces back strong, but loses a close one to a pretty good team.

The weather could be a factor in this one......The field @ Cherokee Stadium drains very well but if we have heavy downpours it makes for many turnovers and sloppy football.

Cleveland usually is a very quick team and likes to get to the edges on the defense and that seems to be a strong point in the cherokee defense. Marshall had some big gains last week but most of those came up the center of the offense.

McMinn wants to have long drives consuming as much of the clock as they can....but they are in a no huddel and have a quick wide open offensive scheme so go figure the logic.

I say the team with the most points after four quarters will win.......That will be the Cherokees....GO TRIBE!!!!!

I honestly dont see how Cleveland is going to keep up with McMinn. But from what I remember, last year it was the same way. McMinn should have easily beat Cleveland but didnt. So you really cant count cleveland out. McMinn has a bad problem with turning the ball over. Shouldnt be a very close game but it prolly will be.

The coaches for McMinn will find a way to lose this game.